• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Likes and Dislikes of Gen V Pokémon

La Foudre

<3 Sneasel.
Years
  • Like the OP, when I first saw them my reaction was to go "wtf?"

But they've grown on me. Especially Vanilluxe. But that's probably because I'm in the mood for ice cream.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I'm glad we all have opinions on the Pokémon, but also remember we already have the Likes and Dislikes of Gen V Pokémon thread for sharing your opinion where it's accepted. ;) Since this thread has much discussion going on about the two Pokémon however, I'll go ahead and merge it with the correct thread.

Years
  • A few of the designs wud be the only problem i have really, some of them are really good, for example zebstika, boldore and the starters but then again some of the arent so great for example vaniluxe...an ice cream pokemon?? thts just silly. oh and trubbish aswel, its like they're running out of original designs :/

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • Personally, I cannot stand the design for Simisear and Simipour -__- They look more like characters from Dora than final forms of elemental apes...

Gah I know. Such fail looking pokemon. I remember I was so excited for them, when we first say Pansage, and the others. It caused heaps of speculation and hype everywhere, then when they were revealed.... I was greatly disappointed. idk how anyone can like their designs. I love all the cute baby monkeys though. LOL i should try beat b/w with them unevolved actually....

Years
  • I love the cute ones. Such as Cubchoo, he is my favourite and I was so excited on getting one. Solosis was also pretty awesome, along with Blitzle :P

amberrelf

~♥HalleluYah!(:
    Years

• I actually like a lot of them; way more than the IVGen ones.
    The ones based on household objects are kind of annoying.
    But that's just me. :P I guess.

Serperior would have to be my favorite.
    I kind of died when I saw it for the first time; I'm a huge snake lover.<3 :3

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • I hate Trubbish and Stunfisk
    Worst pokemon EVER
    However other than that Gen 5 has some of the best mon's I've ever seen like Braivary & Conkeldurr

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years

• I actually like a lot of them; way more than the IVGen ones.
    The ones based on household objects are kind of annoying.
    But that's just me. :P I guess.

Serperior would have to be my favorite.
    I kind of died when I saw it for the first time; I'm a huge snake lover.<3 :3

Yea <333 same with me! Serperior is the best starter ever, and in my top fav pokemon list. Everything about it is pure sexiness, I see no flaws. Just a perfectly designed pokemon. Maybe if it had a larger move pool? But yeah it's awesome.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2023
    DISLIKE.
    Spoiler:

As for the others, i either like, or feel indifferent about them.

EDIT: l0lz how could i forget about Emboar? XD ew.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2011
    I feel indifferent or dislike a big chunk of the pokemon this gen. Alot of them are wtf and not in the good way (a garbage bag...for a pokemon...seriously?). Theres very few that I actually was desperate to own in my party which sucks >:

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2011
    I HATE that ice cream pokemon. And the munna and its evolved form as they look like a... I loike scrafty, samurott, pidove, chandelure

Logan_AT

Often Lost in Thought
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2014
    It definitely took me time to adjust. I disliked all the designs initially, but as the B/W tour rolled around and I caught my first glimpses of the anime, I started warming up to the starters. Now that I'm playing the game I still have a lot of '....What the HECK was that popping out of the grass OH GOD I AM NOT CATCHING THAT' moments, but I've had some pleasant surprises too and I'm starting to warm up to some of the Pokemon that I'm training.

Currently I like Liepard (aside from his fragile defense stats and the lack of Technician that makes me prefer Persian over him), Venipede/Whirlipede/Scoilepede, Cottonee, Swoobat and Blitzle. It's hard for me to keep all of them on my team as it seems that most of them (save for Venipede) are speed demons who don't take well to being hit. We'll see what happens.

Pokemon that make me go OMFGDONOTWANT:
    Vanillite. How does this exist in the wild?!
    Maractus
    The roaming cloud legendaries (dunno their names). They just...don't appeal to me at all.

Last edited:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Gah I know. Such fail looking pokemon. I remember I was so excited for them, when we first say Pansage, and the others. It caused heaps of speculation and hype everywhere, then when they were revealed.... I was greatly disappointed. idk how anyone can like their designs. I love all the cute baby monkeys though. LOL i should try beat b/w with them unevolved actually....

Same here. These are the only designs I really don't like at all. Sure, i'm not a big fan about Emboar, but that's more because of his typing.

Also, tried to go through the game without evolving my Panpour. He did pretty well, but I boxed him once I got to the pokemon league. He got to a fairly good...like, 47 or something. My Pidove made it to 42.

This gen is my favorite, including pokemon-wise. I mean, why do people think Garbador's so bad? Sure, he's a garbage bag, but Muk was just a pile of sludge. He is, after all, a counterpart(or something) to Muk...

Edit: Also at first, for some reason I completely despised Munna. Now I can't live without her <3

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    I really dislike Simisage. Pansage was absolutely adorable! But its evolution...:/ I actually don't have a problem with Vanillish & co. I don't get why people are going like OMGWTFICECREAMEWGAMEFREAKISRUNNINGOUTOFIDEAS. I mean, look at Ditto. Seriously? And people find gear/garbage/ice cream Pokemon uncreative but don't mind Pokeballs/magnets/blobs of slime/eggs?

Also, I recently found out that the white stuff on Vanillish is actually snow and it has an ice body underneath it. I find that pretty cool.

Logan_AT

Often Lost in Thought
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2014
    I really dislike Simisage. Pansage was absolutely adorable! But its evolution...:/ I actually don't have a problem with Vanillish & co. I don't get why people are going like OMGWTFICECREAMEWGAMEFREAKISRUNNINGOUTOFIDEAS. I mean, look at Ditto. Seriously? And people find gear/garbage/ice cream Pokemon uncreative but don't mind Pokeballs/magnets/blobs of slime/eggs?

Also, I recently found out that the white stuff on Vanillish is actually snow and it has an ice body underneath it. I find that pretty cool.

For me it looks like an abandoned ice-cream cone that gained sentience and something that might get eaten in battle rather than taking down dragons. I don't have issue with the garbage Pokemon--they remind me of Grimer and Koffing, actually.

Back