• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Likes and Dislikes of Gen V Pokémon

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
Everyone seems to hate Keldeo. Am I the only one who likes it? I think it's adorable and has a cool type.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Everyone seems to hate Keldeo. Am I the only one who likes it? I think it's adorable and has a cool type.

My issue is that it had potential to be better. Like really, you'd expect something larger and more majestic for a unicorn Pokemon. It's okay, but it's one of those that just could be better. Plus it's typing is so... out there, lol. I defs wouldn't have predicted being half water type :x

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years

My issue is that it had potential to be better. Like really, you'd expect something larger and more majestic for a unicorn Pokemon. It's okay, but it's one of those that just could be better. Plus it's typing is so... out there, lol. I defs wouldn't have predicted being half water type :x

I see what you mean. I guess people would like it better if it weren't a legendary; you're right, it's not very majestic. Either way, I think it's cute and I look forward to catching it.

Years
  • UK
  • Seen May 12, 2013
Kyurem: I just dont get its design. Are those things on its back supposed to be wings or what? 'cos they look like their made outa ice, and ice wings wouldn't work well....
kyurem_by_xous54-d2zzijb.png

In all honesty Pokemon designs have never really been known to abide by the basic Laws of physics, so just take it with a pinch of salt! :)

Years
Samurott, Zoroark and Lilligant are quite good. But, an epic pokemon's sprite has to be epic with it. SEED BBY SPRITE FTW!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hang on, lemme c/p that Kyurem image.

200px-408Cranidos.png

I think we all know what Kyurem got inspiration from. D;
I just hate the stance of Kyurem really, and the arm--okay if it looks stronger I could possibly overlook its other flaws. It's still sexy though.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Hang on, lemme c/p that Kyurem image.

200px-408Cranidos.png

I think we all know what Kyurem got inspiration from. D;
I just hate the stance of Kyurem really, and the arm--okay if it looks stronger I could possibly overlook its other flaws. It's still sexy though.
I don't see a resemlance between Kyurem and Cranidos. Like its counterparts, Reshiram and Zekrom, Kyurem is based on yin and yang, or rather the absence of it (wuji). It does look a little like Zekrom, though.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I don't see a resemlance between Kyurem and Cranidos. Like its counterparts, Reshiram and Zekrom, Kyurem is based on yin and yang, or rather the absence of it (wuji). It does look a little like Zekrom, though.

Really? D: But they're both bent over and have short arms and the same angle kinda opposite... the poses! D: I just think their designs are similar, making them ~similar~ in design. I wish Crimgan stole someone else's design. Not saying it has something to do with the trio, though. XD Cause obv Kyurem fits within this trio.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020

^ This. Basing on the typing difference as well, Kyurem is hardly like Cranidos. However I see where you may be getting the resemblance from, the color scheme is slightly similar as well as positioning. But moreover, it most likely wasn't thought of from Cranidos, and moreover of the above. :o

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
As I said, it's only similar in design. Kyurem as a creature, well, story wise and Pokemon wise, other than the design is similar to nothing else. Except Zekrom/Reshiram. :x I was just noticing that a few current Pokemon have poses similar to past-gen Pokemon, and wondering whether they got inspiration for poses / designs actually from them - nothing to do with the actual Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
These are some of my favorites.

494.png
This and Zekrom are the only legendaries that I like. Victini is just... awesome.

495.png
Easy pick. Smugleaf Snivy is a great Pokemon all round and has one the most Pokemon-like designs.

501.png
Everything I've said about Snivy applies to Oshawott.

548.png
Simplicity is the reason why I like some of the Generation V Pokemon. This is just so basic, that's why it's so great!

559.png
The concept is just brilliant. A lizard with PANTS? I'm sold. Shame that it sprite sucks.

582.png
583.png
584.png
I LOVE this entire line. I don't see why pepole hate on this evolution branch. :(

596.png
Another pokemon that I love because of the concept.

610.png
612.png

Another great evolution line with some good progression. Didn't include Fraxure because it is terrible.

614.png
FINALLY A POLAR BEAR POKEMANS!!!!

All the other Pokemon I just downright hate or am not a big fan of.

643.png

646.png

My eyes are burning.

Last edited:

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
I see the resemblance between Cranidos and Kyremu. Their legs are the same colour and shape, they are both bent over and have the short arms with almost identical nails.

They are onky similar in some of the features, but it actually reminds me of Giratina origin forme... idk why though, they look nothing like each other. But that is just what I think of when I look at Kyremu :/
Spoiler:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
KG, it's the faces. Well, eyes especially. Giratina and Kyurem's eyes are... really similar, sorta. I guess Kyurem really does have a lot of inspiration from generation 4. :(

Also yay everyone loves Galvantula.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
Years
I don't really mind about the designs of the Legendaries. But I simply cannot stand the evolution of the little bin bag Pokemon- it's..... ugly~ XP

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I seem to be one of the only people who don't like Scraggy. I dunno, I just think it's ugly and not cute at all. But out of curiosity... why is it wearing pants? O.o

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
Stoutland's extremely long stache hurts my love for the line but I still love the Lillipup line.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Lillipup's evolution line is probably not the best out of them all, but I like it. Sure the last evolution is a bit overdone, but hey. I would take Stoutland over Probopass from Gen IV that's for sure. XD; My comparison is odd, but they are both overdone Pokémon in the design factor which happens in every generation either way.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I seem to be one of the only people who don't like Scraggy. I dunno, I just think it's ugly and not cute at all. But out of curiosity... why is it wearing pants? O.o
It and Scrafty are supposed to be based on urban youth subcultures. That alone is the reason why a lot of people (me included) like them.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I love Scraggy after it was in my sig for a while. Its evolution isn't awesome though, it's just "there", whereas Scraggy stands out more. It didn't need an evolution.

Back