• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Likes and Dislikes of Gen V Pokémon

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
  • OH wow I love that pic of Emboar, it looks way betetr than the actual Emboar XD It looks way fiercer, faster and generally cooler than what we have now. Not that I don't like Emboar or anything.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Only dislikes...All the English Names.

So naming mine their Japanese names.

Buuut this thread is for Pokemon dislikes, not name dislikes (which belongs in English names thread).

KG: Actually, I don't think it looks faster. Kinda looks the same speed as the Emboar we have.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023

Buuut this thread is for Pokemon dislikes, not name dislikes (which belongs in English names thread).

KG: Actually, I don't think it looks faster. Kinda looks the same speed as the Emboar we have.

Please change the name if this is so as it is misleading.

"Likes and Dislikes of Gen V Pokémon"

Title means What do you like or don't like about the new Pokemon. In my case all of their names.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Title changed, hopefully this makes it a bit clearer for those who were mislead from the previous name of this thread. :)

Continue on now!

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 12, 2013
    I think the garbage and the ice cream pokemon look awful and fail to see the appeal in their design seeing as they're neither cute nor particularly fierce looking.

I adore Sazandora though, such a flawless design and type combo!

There's a few hit and miss designs this gen, but on the whole they're a good looking bunch.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2015
    I love Lillipup! I'm surprised no one's mentioned them. I have a Yorkie/Shih Tzu mix in real life who looks more like a Yorkie, so I'll be getting one and naming it after her. x3

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I love Lillipup! I'm surprised no one's mentioned them. I have a Yorkie/Shih Tzu mix in real life who looks more like a Yorkie, so I'll be getting one and naming it after her. x3

I don't recall much discussion on Lillipup in the older thread, or maybe I'm just forgetful. Either way, I think Lillipup is pretty adorable. When I first saw it, I thought the fur or whatever is exactly on its face was nice, but... I dunno, now after looking at Stoutland and Herdier, I actually prefer their designs to Lillipup, because they look more realistic. Not saying Lillipup isn't cute though, but maybe to see it without the facial fur, maybe? :D;

(Then again, it probably would look weird without it)

Vindra

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2017
    Here are a few I'm really looking forward to training:

Snivy - I just love it's personality. It's super cute too!
    Liepard - Finally, an easily obtainable cat that isn't normal type! :3
    Sewaddle, Cottony, Petilil, Cinccino - ADORABLE! <3
    Deerling - I'm excited about the way its look changes with the seasons.
    Chandelure - Has a really interesting design, and I like its unique type combo.
    Mienshao - Looks so graceful. I'm tired of the fighting types that look like people. XD
    Hydreigon - Love the name origins behind this one and the others in its family.

On the other hand, I really can't stand the ice cream Pokemon. Try hard to look cute. No, really.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2015
    I like the whole line. Now that I look, he does have some really weird facial hair going on there. xD But he's so little and squishable he can pull it off. Stoutland's a little freaky looking. Probably because he sort of explodes with fur, haha.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I like the whole line. Now that I look, he does have some really weird facial hair going on there. xD But he's so little and squishable he can pull it off. Stoutland's a little freaky looking. Probably because he sort of explodes with fur, haha.

Well yeah Stoutland has a lot of fur, but looking at that and Lillipup, which is more realistic? Clearly Stoutland! ...I think. As for Herdier, everything about its body and fur covering seems to line up perfectly imo.

(Well maybe not Stoutland as I don't see that ma--wait there is a type of dog that is really furry like Stoutland...I just forgot what it is XD;)

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2015
    He looks more realistic, except that he'd trip over his 'stache. Poor guy.

Shih Tzus have quite a bit of fur like that. So maybe they really are my dog in Pokemon form. xD

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I dislike a lot of them. I am too lazy to list them here. Maybe I will list them in another post.

But anyway, I will take the time to list the ones I really like! :3

Purrloin, Unfezant, Bliztle, Swoobat, Audino, Sewaddle, Scolipede, Whimsicoot, Liligant, Sandile, Dwebble, Minnicno/Ciccino, Emolga, Galvantula, Litwick, Axew and... DEERLING! <3

Wow, there are a lot more that I like than I thought. But hey, that's a good thing :D

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I like Lillipup's line. Lillipup is so cute in its first stage. I also like Herdier because it has a mustache. Stoutland is just too fluffy.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • ...yeah Emboar would've only looked better that way (it's what most of the fans were assuming). Samurott and Serperior look un-natural and don't really match Snivy/Oshawott, whereas Emboar actually looks somewhat natural, without the extra "add-ons", like what Samurott has with the jewels on its body.

serperior looks better that way...and it can also be kinda related to servine....but common....the emboar and serperior in that pic look a lot better then the official ones....not the duwot one though...looks like.....i don't know.....

OH wow I love that pic of Emboar, it looks way betetr than the actual Emboar XD It looks way fiercer, faster and generally cooler than what we have now. Not that I don't like Emboar or anything.
    yeah i thought people would like him.......he's gr8.....

I think the garbage and the ice cream pokemon look awful and fail to see the appeal in their design seeing as they're neither cute nor particularly fierce looking.

I adore Sazandora though, such a flawless design and type combo!

There's a few hit and miss designs this gen, but on the whole they're a good looking bunch.

yeah they suck man.........

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    I felt the same as I did the last two Gens, hated most of them when they where first shown, but over the weeks since then I have grown to like quite a lot of them, there are still many I dislike though, but my biggest problem with Gen V is easily the names of the Pokemon.

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    Kyurem: I just dont get its design. Are those things on its back supposed to be wings or what? 'cos they look like their made outa ice, and ice wings wouldn't work well....
    Likes and Dislikes of Gen V Pokémon

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2011
    I don't know about anyone else, but I feel that the pokemon designs are starting to revert back to their roots, which is a good thing. One of the few differences is the better quality they are available in, but just their overall design and layout of each creature in general seem as though they were pulled from the past. It makes sense if you think about it, how the time is supposed to be around the same as the first games.

Back