• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lillie, the center of the plot?

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
    Since the beginning, we knew Lillie was hiding something, but could she be more important that what we previously thought?

A lot of new characters revealed today look like her, and the Ultra Beast looks just like her outfit:
    Lillie, the center of the plot?

Do you think there is some family-link between these four? All have green eyes, blond hair, ...

I honestly think Lillie is waaaaaay more important to the game than what we thought.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    They said from the very start that she would be a major part in the story. Just like with the 'New Powerful Moves' people thought it hardly meant anything because they said it like that. However, I have known for a while that she would be huge.

That being said, this is what I think.

Lillie - Wants to stop her brother.
    Gladion is her brother.
    Lumia or whatever her name is, is either her older sister or mother.
    The old man is her grandmother.
    Gladion probably hated what his family was doing and left and Lillie is on the side.

Lillie probably agrees with both sides, so she works with Kukui to see who she thinks is right, and then she learns about the main character and sides with them the entire time and by the end, she will help bring peace to both sides.

If the Foundation created these Ultra Beasts, that could be why UB01 looks like her, as it was based on her.

Last edited:
    Years
    So what this is saying is that Lillie appears to be UB-01, or have some relation to Gladion and Lusamine?

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 4, 2024
    UB-01's body is composed of a glass-like substance. However, it's constantly changing shapes, never settling on one.

While evidence of something like a survival instinct can be observed in UB-01, no one knows whether it has a will of its own or any emotions. It's said that, for some reason, its movements resemble those of a young girl

It's practically confirmed that Lillie isn't human. I honestly don't trust the Aether Foundation, they just scream "true antagonists" to me.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    How is it confirmed at all that she isn't human? I think she is very human, she just isn't there at the time.

Maybe she ran away from home and didn't want to face her family who created a pokemon to look like her? It would be very odd if we caught a pokemon who was out traveling companion throughout the game. It just seems very very wrong.

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
    What if Lillie is UB-01, that was created by the old guy? And Lusamine thinks they should do that more, but Gladion thinks it should stop?

Also, UB-01 had NO typing on the video, so we don't know anything about it but its name.

EDIT: UB-01 is not even mentioned as a Pokémon on the website:
    UB-01's body is composed of a glass-like substance.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I definitely think all these blonde-haired, green-eyed characters are related.

Moreso than the mentioning that UB-01 moves like a young girl, I think the fact that it shows "evidence of something like a survival instinct" while Lillie doesn't like to make Pokémon battle is interesting.

The most important thing of all, in my opinion, is that "UB-01's body is composed of a glass-like substance. However, it's constantly changing shapes, never settling on one." I think Lillie is UB-01, flat-out, and it takes the shape of Lillie for a reason we don't know yet.

Right now the UB's are described as threats, but maybe they're actually peaceful and want to warn everyone about the Aether Corporation (who I also feel will turn out to be the real antagonists).

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I still disagree. It can change it's shape but not is color. Honestly, I think they would know Lillie was UB-01. She may have created it, but I don't think she is it. That could be another reason she left.

Also it says the Ultra Beasts in general are a threat, not just UB01.

This is something I just don't agree with and I don't think it is right for a human to turn into a pokemon that we will in time probably catch. The site may not have it listed as a pokemon, but that may just be an oversight, honestly, i don't think they would have made that mistake. That would reveal too much of the plot.

Years
    UB-01's body is composed of a glass-like substance. However, it's constantly changing shapes, never settling on one. While evidence of something like a survival instinct can be observed inUB-01, no one knows whether it has a will of its own or any emotions. It's said that, for some reason, its movements resemble those of a young girl.

We know this is referring to Lillie. Could this also signify synchro evolution. I wonder if the other aether foundation members also have an aether pokemon form like UB-02, UB-03...? I really want a Lusamine ultra beast!!!

It seems like Gladion might have been at the institute and failed to or did not want to create an aether element pokemon. I honestly do not think he was capable of doing it. Instead he seems unstable and unbalanced, not at all the clarity of mind associated with the Aether Institute members. It seems like he actually created Null:Type by mixing elements that are opposites and not balanced driven by a desire to create powerful pokemon for his own purposes rather than striving toward "purity".

Years
    Lillie not being an actual human makes me start to think of her very differently now, if it turns out that she is actually UB-01.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Both sites also state that she is a young girl that is the same age as the hero. She could be working for Kukui to figure out how to create her own pokemon to stop the others and how to balance it.

Remember she also has a pokemon in her bag. It is possible that maybe that pokemon, is this pokemon.

Another reason for it not being on the sites, is because we know nothing of it other than the name. I don't recall the official sites ever listing something we know nothing about.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
    Wow reading all these speculative theories actually shows how dark Pokemon Sun and Moon's storyline might actually turn out to be. Alien-like pokemon, chimera constructs, a seemingly utopian organization... coupled with Zygarde's presence in Alola... it's like some sc-fi universe lol

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Another interesting thing to note is how Lusamine says "all Pokémon are worthy of her love;" it's hard to say if these are her genuine feelings since I'm so stuck on the idea that she will turn out to be a villain, but maybe the fact that she "loves Pokémon" could be behind the reason why UB-01 chooses to take the form of Lillie.

If Lillie is, let's make some hypotheticals here, the deceased younger sibling of this family, and the UB aren't actually threatening but rather just lonely, maybe it takes the form of Lillie to try and gain the love of Lusamine and her family.

But because I feel they are villains, I feel the Aether Corporation is trying to find a way to research/profit off of UB's in some way. So maybe Lusamine's dialog is just a facade she puts up to make people think she's nice and there's another reason why UB-01 chooses to take the appearance of Lillie.

It can change it's shape but not is color.
    Its body is made of a "glass-like substance," so it can refract light how it pleases, taking on whatever color it wants.

This is something I just don't agree with and I don't think it is right for a human to turn into a pokemon that we will in time probably catch. The site may not have it listed as a pokemon, but that may just be an oversight, honestly, i don't think they would have made that mistake. That would reveal too much of the plot.
    This is already a very big departure from the standard Pokémon plot so there's just as much chance that the UB's are mere plot devices and not Pokémon to be captured. And even if it turns out that we can at some point capture the UB's, past Pokémon games have implied that people and Pokémon were once indistinguishable from each other--in other words, weirder things have happened than just "a Pokémon you end up catching made itself look like a person."

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    But glass cannot concentrate on taking the eye color and what not. Not only that, she is carrying a bag.

What Nintedo/Game Freak is doing is basic writing, making something seem obvious and change it when you think you are right.

I think it is impossible for UB to be Lillie. I really don't see how it could take on hair color and eye color and skin color. Glass cannot change color like that. And with it being made of entire glass, it depends on the sun. And since you see Lillie at night, it is impossible for UB to be Lillie, as it would not be able to change color at night,

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    But glass cannot concentrate on taking the eye color and what not. Not only that, she is carrying a bag.

What Nintedo/Game Freak is doing is basic writing, making something seem obvious and change it when you think you are right.

I think it is impossible for UB to be Lillie. I really don't see how it could take on hair color and eye color and skin color. Glass cannot change color like that. And with it being made of entire glass, it depends on the sun. And since you see Lillie at night, it is impossible for UB to be Lillie, as it would not be able to change color at night,

It says "glass-like," which gives them just enough leeway to throw in some totally-not-possible-in-reality aspects. I mean, Ditto exists in this fictional universe. If UB-01 is eventually able to be caught, I'm sure it will know Transform as one of its moves.

The only other option I can see is that if Lillie isn't UB-01, then she's a robot created by Aether Corporation to look like UB-01, sent to spy on Kukui to steal his research. But the visual similarities are way too spot-on to be mere coincidence, and I still can't imagine her turning out to be a villain somehow.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2016
    I think I must be missing something, where is the suggestion that Lillie is not completely human? It seems to me that the Aether foundation created UB01 (and possibly other UBs) and modelled it after a child in their family (Lillie). This upset Gladion, who turned to Skull instead, while Lillie also left, possibly because she also disliked the idea of UBs but didn't like Skull either.

It's possible that Lillie and UBO1 are one and the same with UB01 taking on the form of a young girl to fit in/be loved, but I don't see anything directly suggesting this. I certainly don't think it's "practically confirmed" that Lillie isn't human.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I think I must be missing something, where is the suggestion that Lillie is not completely human? It seems to me that the Aether foundation created UB01 (and possibly other UBs) and modelled it after a child in their family (Lillie). This upset Gladion, who turned to Skull instead, while Lillie also left, possibly because she also disliked the idea of UBs but didn't like Skull either.

It's possible that Lillie and UBO1 are one and the same with UB01 taking on the form of a young girl to fit in/be loved, but I don't see anything directly suggesting this. I certainly don't think it's "practically confirmed" that Lillie isn't human.

While the idea that the UB are created by Aether Corporation would be really neat, they'd need a reason why they made the UB to look like Lillie as opposed to, say, Lusamine.

And someone on another thread pointed out that when UB-01 appears before the player, they're in the Aether Corporation and Lusamine and Hau are there, but not Lillie. That also strikes me as suspicious.

Back