• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Little Dragon Girl

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Yay more questions to answer!

So, couple things. First of all, I've been to New Jersey a couple'a times. I wanna know how you keep your sanity driving around there. :J My experience, was concrete dividers on medians separating opposing traffic flows, and making u-turns, left turns, or getting to anything that was on the opposite side of the street you were on a nightmare. And the Turnpike, ohhhhh my god, I made one wrong turn, and it took me a whole HOUR's drive out of my way. ;-; Maybe I just suck at driving. My experience was in Secaucus, NJ - btw, around the Meadowlands expo center. So you know what area I'm referring too, and possibly tell me "It just sucks around there".
    I actually try to drive as little as possible, because, like you said, driving in NJ is terrible. I especially don't like driving on major highways like Route 80 or the Turnpike. Makes me kinda nervous, and it doesn't help that I don't know where I'm going half the time.

But I could live with driving in like Wyoming or something. Hardly any cars on the roads there, and no Turnpike-esque ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.

Secondly, why Zekrom over Reshiram? Do you just like his visual design more? Or was Black Version just your choice and subsequently Zekrom? Or something elssssse?
    Ah yes, I guess its about time I give a detailed explanation as to why I like Zekrom so much. For starters, dragons are my favorite mythical creature (and so also my favorite Pokemon type). I find them to be interesting; they appear in multiple cultures with varying (and usually cool looking) appearances and meanings. In some cultures they represent power and wisdom, while in others they represent evil. Visually speaking, I've always like the appearance of black dragons more than any other dragon color. And Zekrom is black, so...

More specifically about Zekrom itself, I love it partly because of its role in Black/White. Black and White had the best story of any Pokemon game, imo, and the fact that Zekrom is a major part of that story just makes me like it even more. What I also like about it is what it represents on a broad scale: the duality of all things. The whole Yin/Yang, truth vs ideals thing that Zekrom and Reshiram have going. It's a fascinating concept to me, that seemingly opposing things are actually part of a greater whole, and both need the other in order to exist. It even jives a bit with part of my world view that things are almost never Black and White (derp, see what I did there?), but are usually a mix of both things. That's often how things are in reality.
    Seriously, how many Pokemon represent something so deep sounding?

Zekrom is also great for battle. So is Reshiram, but what Zekrom has over it is the fact that it is one of the very few physical Electric attackers in the game (Electric is my 4th favorite type, btw). The vast majority of Electric types are specially based, so its easy to counter them in general with special walls. Not the case with Zekrom though. And while it misses out on being neutral to Fairy like Reshiram, its one of the only Pokemon in Ubers to resist Flying, and can easily threaten titans like Lugia, Ho-oh, and Kyogre with the strongest Electric attack in the game, STAB Bolt Strike. Hell, Bolt Strike 2HKOs the majority of the Pokemon in the Uber tier. It does suck that both its STABs have Pokemon with immunities to it, and its movepool is a bit lacking, by hey, you can't get everything.

A couple of little other things I should mention. You get Zekrom in White and Black 2. And I chose those 2 versions because I love Zekrom. I also don't hate Reshiram; I like it quite a bit too (and Kyurem, I like it as well). Sometimes I get the feeling that people assume I dislike the rest of the Tao Trio because Zekrom's my favorite.

Lastly; after reading above - you may dislike babies and salads, but I like them both. Maybe you'd like them both better.... together?

Okay bad joke, bad joke, I apologize. :P The other things though; I look forward to reading about if/when you reply hahah.

Can you kick butt and chew bubble gum?
    What?

How active are you in the Pokémon scene? Do you get the games immediately, or you get around to it whenever?
    The past few games I've gotten on release day (White, Black 2, Y), and I plan to get ORAS on release day as well. I'd say I'm pretty active in the Pokemon scene. Maybe a little too active....

What was your reaction to Lucina being revealed to be in SSB4?
    :3 I actually posted my reaction to Lucina's reveal in the Smash Bros. Megathread down in VG, put I'll post it here too anyway despite the link:
    Zekrom said:

We were all wrong about Shulk; MonadoMonday is lie! The tips have been scaled! The Gematsu Leak is dead! I was right about Chrom not being "the" main FEA character, and Zekrom got his wish on having Lucina playable. Adding to that, Captain Falcon is back, but we already knew he's coming back anyway.

asdfasfdashgfaskgfdaskghkhgdfhgjhgaslf

HOLY. ♥♥♥♥. I was not expecting this at all. This just made my ♥♥♥♥ing day. Now I HAVE to get a WiiU.

I can't believe that we got not only Lucina, but both male AND female MU Robin. I wasn't expecting any more FE characters after they revealed Ike, and if they were gonna put one more in, I thought it'd be Chrom. Which, is he playable, or is he just part of Robin's Final Smash? And its about time that they revealed Captain Falcon.

bet you Spino isn't gonna be happy about this

Also, who're you guys gonna main in this one? I have so many on my list now: Lucina, Ike, female Robin, Luigi, Charizard, Greninja, maybe Peach and Lucario.

If you could ever live in a region of the Pokemon world, where would it be?
    If I was gonna live in a region in the Pokemon world.....it'd probably be either Kalos or Unova.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMP.

Oh, what, you thought that this would be a meaningful post?

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    You have the choice to be able to run super duper fast or fly super duper slow: which do you choose and why?

What would you say was a life-changing experience for you? Did it have a good end result or a bad one?

You obtain the ability to freeze time for an hour. There are no repercussions for your actions during this time frame, and no one will have any memory of anything that happens. What do you choose to do and why?

How would you describe your relationship with your parents?

What is one talent or skill that you'd love to have before you die?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    You have the choice to be able to run super duper fast or fly super duper slow: which do you choose and why?
    Running really fast. Flying's cool and all, but if yer gonna go that slow, why even bother with it?

What would you say was a life-changing experience for you? Did it have a good end result or a bad one?
    I wouldn't really say that I've ever had a truly significant life changing experience....

You obtain the ability to freeze time for an hour. There are no repercussions for your actions during this time frame, and no one will have any memory of anything that happens. What do you choose to do and why?
    Hmmm, I'm not sure.

How would you describe your relationship with your parents?
    The way I describe it is that we're people who live in the same house and that's it. We aren't close like many parents and children are. I don't hate them, but sometimes I find them kind of annoying, and I'm not comfortable at all with coming to them about anything. My parents still seem to think that my sisters and I are little kids, and they pretty much do not trust us despite not really giving them any reason to not trust us. And my dad seems to think that just because he's 35 years older than me that he knows everything and can that he can never be wrong (and that I could be right), though he'd probably tell you otherwise. And he's awkward to be around sometimes. I think my mom seems to think that everyone is either stupid or borderline retarded because she used to work so much with mentally disabled and insane people. Mom, I know how to get gas, I'm not 5. Then there's the fact that she gets angry at the computer all the time despite the fact that a)the computer will not do anything differently because you're yelling at it, b) there's 4 other people in the house who can help you, and c) I've told her several times to calm down because of a.
    /rant

What is one talent or skill that you'd love to have before you die?
    I'd just love to have a talent or skill, seeing as how I don't have any.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Do you like your birthstone? or are you meh?
    Ok, funny story. I thought for the longest time that Amethyst was my birthstone. I even have a chunk of amethyst in my room. But I just now looked at a list of the birthstones, just to see what all the others are. And it turns out I was wrong, the birthstone for September is Sapphire. XD

So that tells you how into birthstones I am. But sapphires are pretty and sound like a nice birthstone to have. And I think I'll Alpha Sapphire when that comes out.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Now another curious question from me...

What was your absolute fave Pokemon before 5th Gen?
    Before 5th Gen....my favorite Pokemon was Blaziken (best starter yo), with stuff like Garchomp and Charizard and Arceus as somewhat close seconds.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I'ma bump this, see if anything happens.

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
    Years
    Although the answer to this question may be obvious, do you prefer the ideal over the truth of things?

Also, what do you like to do in your time? Hobbies, and other things of the sort, is what I mean.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Although the answer to this question may be obvious, do you prefer the ideal over the truth of things?

Also, what do you like to do in your time? Hobbies, and other things of the sort, is what I mean.
    The incredibly ironic thing here is that I consider myself a realist and not an idealist.

My only hobby really is playing video games. I do read a little manga and watch a little anime (or used to anyway, I haven't watched anything in months) as well.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I suppose I could bump this one more time.....

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    If you could live in any video game world and you get to adopt the characteristics/powers of a character in that game, which video game world would you want to live in and why?

If you had to choose between burping constantly till the end of days or farting till the end of days, which would you choose and why?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    If you could live in any video game world and you get to adopt the characteristics/powers of a character in that game, which video game world would you want to live in and why?
    Ooh, idk if I could pick just one. So I'll do 3 then. The video game worlds I'd wanna live in are the worlds of Fire Emblem Awakening, Soul Nomad and the World Eaters, and Fallout New Vegas.

The FE: Awakening world is kinda interesting, has a good bit of history and lore, and the game does give you some of that, but I wanna know moar. Also, I could be a manakete and TURN INTO A ****ING DRAGON, so there's that.

The post-apocalyptic world of New Vegas is probably one of the most interesting places I've ever been to in a video game. So many places to see, so much interesting little backstory and history; some crazy **** went down in some of those vaults. And I really like the mix of futuristic stuff with the kinda goofy 1950's-ish feel the game has. Sure, the world can be a little brutal at times, but I think that's part of the world's.....charm, for lack of a better word. And I like deserts a bit too. I just have to hope that I'd be as good at stuff as the player character and not get killed by a Radscorpion in 3 seconds.

As for the Soul Nomad world, I just want Gig's power lol.

If you had to choose between burping constantly till the end of days or farting till the end of days, which would you choose and why?
    These either-or things always have **** for options. I guess I'd go with burping.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Eh....might as well bump this again, see if anything happens.

Ask me things people!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    What was your first Pokémon game, and what about it did you like most to continue playing the series?
    What's your favourite Pokémon type?
    What's your favourite starter Pokémon?

What's your favourite gaming platform?

Who's the stupidest person you've ever met, and why?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    What was your first Pokémon game, and what about it did you like most to continue playing the series?
    My very first Pokemon game (and it was either my first or second video game ever) was Pokemon Yellow, ~15 years ago. I don't know exactly what it was about it that made me continue with the series to this day....let's just go with it's fun.

What's your favourite Pokémon type?
    Dragon. Always has been, always will be.

What's your favourite starter Pokémon?
    Blaziken. Ever since I first got Ruby back in the day Blaziken has been my favorite starter. Charizard and Greninja are close seconds.

What's your favourite gaming platform?
    Lately it'd be my 3DS. But the WiiU is lookin' relly good right now.

Who's the stupidest person you've ever met, and why?
    Uh....it'd be this person I once worked with. This was a guy who thinks that the blind and deaf aren't disabled and that America should just nuke all of its enemies, among other things.
    Thankfully I will probably never see him again in my life.

Back