• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Loki's Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

myystogan

[cimg=width:30px;"]https://i.imgur.com/gbudGz1.png
Years
I have no words for that mock select screen. You were committed to it for two months, for pete's sake. Character design, expressions, THE WAY YOU DRAW IN GENERAL... ahh man, I really do love everything. It looks crazy good; if that was a preview for an actual game I would totally play it, lol.

Of course, the character faces are probably the main feature, since everyone is so skillfully drawn and unique, but I also found myself being drawn to the subtle elements of the piece too. Love the extra lights and streaks here and there; they give off a great "space-y" atmosphere :-]

But yeah, I've been loving all your recent stuff as usual!! Tbh I'll probably be boring and say this every time because I can't get enough of your really awesome art style, haha.

parisnecrotag_by_taiwonton-d9oeby1.png

And I have to say, I was completely shocked when you posted those two graphics, because HOW IS THAT EVEN FAIR? You're got your own distinct sig style too.... which also happens to fit my own personal taste, LMAO. If I wasn't before, I'm definitely too far gone for your work now :-I

Your color schemes are vibrant and the extra effects you add to your sig subjects make you look like an expert. Seriously. For many tag makers, it's difficult to pick out effects to put on a signature to enhance the piece and keep it from looking boring as hell, but it seems like you don't have trouble with that area. I mean, come on, the composition of both of those sigs are gorgeous.

Also, I have to say I laughed way too hard than I should have at this:
I see a lot of things wrong with it-- i.e. really don't like the text but there's so many applied layers that removing it would be more work than I feel up to LMFAO :/ And it's really flat, but........ (I'm still trying to decide if I care LOL)
I'M HONESTLY THE SAME WAY. I don't think it's a secret that I hate having to implement depth in my tags, lol. So sometimes it looks like I pretend to care about it but then others times I'm like "yeah no".

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
I have no words for that mock select screen. You were committed to it for two months, for pete's sake. Character design, expressions, THE WAY YOU DRAW IN GENERAL... ahh man, I really do love everything. It looks crazy good; if that was a preview for an actual game I would totally play it, lol.

Of course, the character wn to the subtle faces are probably the main feature, since everyone is so skillfully drawn and unique, but I also found myself being draelements of the piece too. Love the extra lights and streaks here and there; they give off a great "space-y" atmosphere :-]

But yeah, I've been loving all your recent stuff as usual!! Tbh I'll probably be boring and say this every time because I can't get enough of your really awesome art style, haha.

And I have to say, I was completely shocked when you posted those two graphics, because HOW IS THAT EVEN FAIR? You're got your own distinct sig style too.... which also happens to fit my own personal taste, LMAO. If I wasn't before, I'm definitely too far gone for your work now :-I

Your color schemes are vibrant and the extra effects you add to your sig subjects make you look like an expert. Seriously. For many tag makers, it's difficult to pick out effects to put on a signature to enhance the piece and keep it from looking boring as hell, but it seems like you don't have trouble with that area. I mean, come on, the composition of both of those sigs are gorgeous.

Also, I have to say I laughed way too hard than I should have at this:

I'M HONESTLY THE SAME WAY. I don't think it's a secret that I hate having to implement depth in my tags, lol. So sometimes it looks like I pretend to care about it but then others times I'm like "yeah no".

Aaah thank you so much haha-- it was a pretty big project so I couldn't get it done in one go like I usually do o)-< It means a lot to me that you like it that much, and I ALSO... WISH IT WAS A REAL GAME... LOL. I guess I'll have to satisfy myself with Blazblue though cause that's kind of what I based it off of ahahaha! I'M ALSO REALLY GLAD YOU THINK THEY LOOK UNIQUE because I struggle with same face syndrome-- or more like, I stopped caring and I gave up on trying to fight it HAHAHA but it's a relief to hear you don't think it's too bad;;;

AND ACTUALLY my gfx is kind of what got me started drawing-- like, I started coloring manga screenshots to use them in my tags, and then from there it just took off! But yeah I'm definitely the spam sparkles and light textures type hahaha-- but it really does make it a lot easier to make tags with my tablet now-- like a lot of the assets on the SICKNESS piece are actually hand drawn where I couldn't find what I wanted in my resources so yeah... PROGRESS HAHA... THANK YOU SO MUCH, always always I love your thoughtful comments- they mean a lot to me so thank you for taking the time to write ;v;;; <3

---

I took a break from art for awhile after finishing that fight screen cause I kind of burned out, but I finished up one of my WIPs to kind of get back into the groove last night. This is the finished product:

-cut-

Inspired by "Alone" by Outsider, but the lyrics I put on it are from Bastille's "Flaws"!
Just a personal challenge to try using an underwater color palette, but it was more of a struggle than I expected. I feel like I put in all these details and then they just get nixed when I add the color adjustments anyway /weeps;;;

Last edited:

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Thanks as always killer!

-cut-

And something amusing for me, which is seeing my art go from derpy sketch to finished lineart!

-cut-

Last edited:

killer-curry

Oro.........?
Years
LoL I tried to do sketches which mainly failed a lot XD. But when I looked at the last one I was quite inspired by it , maybe as you said " derpy " into something " Dun Dun Dun " ( crap joke)

Good Job!

EDIT : I hope you can try some shades on the sketch so it would become even more lashing....? Well it is up to you to modify it. :)

myystogan

[cimg=width:30px;"]https://i.imgur.com/gbudGz1.png
Years
Just wow, [this piece] is so, so stunning! I love the water effects and the glows here and there, and the text is perfect! Totally fits the drawing. I love the detail of all the hands, too; they're such a difficult thing to master drawing but it seems like you have it down pat. You seriously make things look so easy when in reality it's not, haha.

Also, I was waiting for when you'd bring back that watercolor style! I always thought it was interesting to look at, and the latest watercolor piece does not disappoint at all :-D

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
LoL I tried to do sketches which mainly failed a lot XD. But when I looked at the last one I was quite inspired by it , maybe as you said " derpy " into something " Dun Dun Dun " ( crap joke)

Good Job!

EDIT : I hope you can try some shades on the sketch so it would become even more lashing....? Well it is up to you to modify it. :)

I'm pretty rubbish at sketching myself, which is why it's fun to see it turn into not rubbish when I actually work with it haha-- my 'sketches' are usually just circles and shapes to give me an idea of what goes where though, and not any actual details. I'm glad you could be inspired!

Also that piece is actually a collaboration, so someone else is doing the coloring-- I'll link it below so you can see how the finished piece turned out. It's not my coloring, so I don't feel right posting it here as if it were--!

Just wow, [this piece] is so, so stunning! I love the water effects and the glows here and there, and the text is perfect! Totally fits the drawing. I love the detail of all the hands, too; they're such a difficult thing to master drawing but it seems like you have it down pat. You seriously make things look so easy when in reality it's not, haha.

Also, I was waiting for when you'd bring back that watercolor style! I always thought it was interesting to look at, and the latest watercolor piece does not disappoint at all :-D

Aaahhh myyst thank you! The glows were honestly the saving grace, everything was so empty before haha-- AND I'M GLAD TO HEAR THE TEXT FITS I was pretty nervous about it since I didn't ever think of adding text to my art... And hands!! Yeah I used to hate drawing hands with a burning passion but-- somehow, one day, I just woke up and suddenly they were pretty easy-- even fun to draw. (??? It baffles me to this day ???)

Omg I can't believe you remembered the watercolor style though haha even I forgot! It's like, my ultimate last ditch want-to-be-super-lazy coloring style so I always only end up using it when there's a really big piece I can't tackle or like... when I'm on a really tight deadline haha (the latter being the case this time.)

Thanks for your comments guys, they keep me going ( ; v ; )/

Here is the link to the finished piece, colored by kishi-san on deviantart Bro-dtrip

Hope it's ok to just post the link o/

Last edited:

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Amazeballs! 0:

Thank you!

Wow wow wow! Loki, these are amazing! You are so very talented.

Thank youu ;7;;; It's just a lot of practice haha o)-<

-cut-

I found out it was a very good friend of mine's birthday this morning so I whipped this up as fast as I could!! Took about an hour and a half I think-- hopefully I can color it someday. These are her twins for the RP we're in!

Last edited:

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
seriously love your style
do you take requests? and if you do, what do you want in return? like money or?​

Thanks Pebbles! I don't take requests, but I do take commissions! (paid requests)
The prices for my commissions can be found on my deviantart, since I don't think I'm allowed to post it on PC-- but just a fair warning they're rather expensive hahaha

i am very hope you can draw for my birthday

LOL we'll see...!

Here's a change of pace for you guys-- I have absolutely zero sense for photography, but I still love dabbling in it when I get my hands on my dad's camera.

-cut-

These pictures were taken at the ryokan I stayed at in Hakone, Japan.

Last edited:
Years
Ayyy long time no see, your linework is pretty A+ to my eyes! I really like your variation of line weight and heavier / thicker lines!
I'm taking a look at your recent work and it's pretty awesome! The only one I thought could use redefinition of shading is probably this one, but you also mentioned it was a speedpaint.
This underwater scene is niiiiiiiiiicccccceeeeee *insert the thumbs up emoji*
The palette is pretty spot on for your environment! Underwater cenes are tough. I think it's a little dark though since the lighting gives a perception your character might be in more shallow water than deep. The deeper they are, the environment is a little harder to see because there would be less light. If you ever want to look or create underwater scenes, there are some good videos (i say some because I tried looking up some and they're animated or just a still image) and pictures that have some interesting palettes or interesting backgrounds! Ruins, coral, and other aquatic life are cool things to check out if you need ideas for what to add to your environment. Other than that, your palette was great! And the lighting came out awesome! C:

I'm not much of a photographer, but I dig the compositions! This and This one have really nice colors - I'm a fan of warmer colors and the oranges and reds look so pleasing!
Yo, awesome stuff! c;

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
no way

*drops my recent pictures and my phone.

Haha thanks

i love it! keep doing great!

Thank you!

Ayyy long time no see, your linework is pretty A+ to my eyes! I really like your variation of line weight and heavier / thicker lines!
I'm taking a look at your recent work and it's pretty awesome! The only one I thought could use redefinition of shading is probably this one, but you also mentioned it was a speedpaint.
This underwater scene is niiiiiiiiiicccccceeeeee *insert the thumbs up emoji*
The palette is pretty spot on for your environment! Underwater cenes are tough. I think it's a little dark though since the lighting gives a perception your character might be in more shallow water than deep. The deeper they are, the environment is a little harder to see because there would be less light. If you ever want to look or create underwater scenes, there are some good videos (i say some because I tried looking up some and they're animated or just a still image) and pictures that have some interesting palettes or interesting backgrounds! Ruins, coral, and other aquatic life are cool things to check out if you need ideas for what to add to your environment. Other than that, your palette was great! And the lighting came out awesome! C:

I'm not much of a photographer, but I dig the compositions! This and This one have really nice colors - I'm a fan of warmer colors and the oranges and reds look so pleasing!
Yo, awesome stuff! c;

Woooah Anastasia!!! Long time no see for real-- how are you?! What've you been up to latelyyy!!
Yeah that piece you linked is actually one I'm not too happy with but it was just a reference for an RP so it was hastily done. I'm glad to get your views on the underwater piece though-- I'm rubbish at lighting so now that you pointed out that he's probably in shallow water. DIDN'T EVEN THINK ABOUT THAT HAHAHA it makes so much sense now though what was bothering me about that picture. But yeah someone else told me to add more stuff in the water to make it more interesting but it was out of my skill to render it so that it didn't seem out of place. (Thus why I slapped on that text ahhaha;;; ) Thank you though!! I'll keep those things in mind next time I attempt an endeavor like that again!

Wow! Pays off to be friends with Loki :P haha. Love those twins. Those rustic strokes really go along with the characters. I'll try not to fanboy about your art and leave it at that for now xD

LOL well, it's give and take since she drew a little something for my birthday as well! :P Glad you like it- and the messy strokes hahaha - Thanks for your comment though!! o/

-cut-

Last edited:

killer-curry

Oro.........?
Years
They look Lovely................

You really put an effort to make those characters to look very alive.

Which is I always want to make my drawings for being like that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back