• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Look ma! Both hands!

Years
    I'm good with both of my hands, thank you very much. They are equally, uh, skilled.

My right hand writes. My left hand does everything else.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
    I looooooove this American Ride. Gotta love this American Ride. Oh wait, I thought it said 'no hands'. Oh well, too lazy to use the backspace key.

Nope not at all. My left hand is pretty much retarded when it comes to doing even the most simple tasks. Righty is like a genious though.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I'm right-handed and awful at using the left. I use both for typing and guitar and that's about it. I've never had a need to use the left so I never bothered learning to write with it or anything and when I do try it comes out less legible than if a toddler had written it.

Years
    I'm primarily right-handed which is a huge contrast to my predominately left-handed family. Unlike them however I'd terribly suck at doing activities with just my left hand, and if I find myself holding one thing at a time it's usually in my right hand.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
    I myself am slightly ambidextrous I suppose since I play the piano and that playing the piano requires the coordination of both hands. I could say the ratio would be about 60:40 - 60 right, 40 left (I'm right-handed). I am able to brush my teeth, eat with my left hand and write, although quite slowly and messily, with my left hand, though the results wouldn't be the same if I did them with my right.

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
    Years
    I am a lefty and proud of it lol. anyway I do MOST of everything with my right hand ironically. I brush my teeth with my right hand, I hold spoons and forks with my right hand ect. I do EVERYTHING with my right hand except for one thing. it has gotten extremely weak due to repeated injuries so when it comes to lifting things i use my left hand.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I'm definitely right-handed, which isn't unusual in and of itself. What is unusual is that I'm the only righty in a family of lefties. My mum, dad and brother are all left-handed, though my dad says he's slightly ambidextrous. I'm definitely not adopted, but I don't know if science has a genetic explanation for my little anatomical oddity.

Years
    I was completely ambidextrous until I was about 5 or so, when I was told in kindergarten that I should pick a dominant side and stick with it (went with my right hand since that was the majority).

I notice I still tend to do a lot of things with my left hand like eating, using certain tools/scissors, and even ocassionally using my left hand on my computer mouse. Writing, though, I can't do anymore, which is a little disappointing.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
    Sometimes I think that I should've been left handed but my mind gets changed. My writing with my right hand is awful and my writing in my left hand isn't much different. I just write bigger and slower but that's due to no practice I think. Painting my nails is a lot easier and neater with my right hand though I can do it with my left as well.

For everything else, I use my left hand. I throw with my left hand, catch with my left hand. I also hold a hockey stick and golf club as a leftie. I don't know why but it's how I feel most comfortable. My dad always has thought it was weird and tells me to switch hands. I can do sport stuff with my right hand as well but it's definitely not as good as when I use my left hand. My dribbling is a lot better with my left than my right. Just...I dunno. It would be funny in gym class because there would be a left handed kid or two and I'd always be with them when the rest of the class would be right handed. I'd always get asked, "you're left handed!?" And I'd have to reply, "no, just with sports." It would confuse them. xD

So I suppose I can do stuff with both hands. Just one is a little better than the other.

Lazer

Geek in the Pink
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2014
    I am mostly right-handed, but my left hand is much more flexible because I slammed my right fingers into the door and broke all of them as a young child.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    I'm right handed, but I wanted to be a special snowflakes that can use two hands so I started training my left hand.

My right hand is still the dominant one but my left hand usage definitely improved.

Back