• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LOOK OMG ITS my mom?

Yes or no?

• Yes <3333

Votes: 33 86.8%
  • No

Votes: 5 13.2%

• Total voters

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I hate them both for various reasons. Mostly to do with when I was younger, since then, I can't bring myself to like them, really. However, I do love my Nan and Pop. o3o;

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 28, 2012
    I like my mom, she's really nice and hardly strict. My dad I lost when I was 3. I assume I liked him back then.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    I love my parents.

Even when my mum goes on the once a day "being stressed and shouty, just because I can".

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Q. Do I love my parents?
    A. No. Not at all.

Q. Do I hate my parents?
    A. No. Hate seems like a word too bitter to describe my feelings for them.
    It's more like "not liking" them.

I just can't bring myself to like my parents, but I don't hate them either or anything.
    For now, I'll keep it at "Maybe".
    Twocows already said what I was going to, but anyways:
    My parents did a terrible job of doing what they were supposed to with me.
    I practically raised my own damn self, and I feel like I did a pretty good job of it.

That's not to say I could have done it without them. They paid for me without thinking of getting something in return, and that is all that they did worth noticing. Also, if they ever even paid for me, it's because of social obligations.
    I'd never take a bullet for them, though.
    Like I said, I don't like them much, and I have my reasons for this type of feelings for them.

And I hate when people say they hate their parents. How can you hate the people that gave birth to you and raised you? I mean, obviously there are exceptions (like if they abuse you physically/sexually/emotionally), but those are the only times I think it's okay. You shouldn't hate your parents because they're too hard on you or some stupid **** like that. You should love them for taking care of you, making you go to school, helping you with big issues (or otherwise), and everything they do. They're only preparing you for the real world, so get over a few groundings here and there and all the chores they give you.

Sorry, I rant.

You should learn to view things from two different perspectives.
    Being blinded by one side is never a good way to judge a thing, just so people know.

---

Years
  • Haha. Kind of a harsh topic!
    Well, let's put it this way: My motivation for life, the reason I'm not suicidal, is "In *X amount of time* I'll finally be alone."
    I'm seventeen now... so only a year to go! I don't care if I'm dirt-poor and have to live on the streets with no education, I can't keep living like this, lol.
    My sister, who's with my mother, gets spoiled to death. Myself, living with my father (yay divorced parents! whoo-hooo. awesome.), gets a nice dose of constant mental and emotional abuse. XD

Mehh, only a year to go! x)
    But I don't HATE them... I don't think you can reaaaaally HATE your parents unless they like REALLY scar you by any form of abuse or if they're ruthless criminals with no moral compass or whatever... I just "ferociously dislike them".
    xP

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2016
    duh! yes. Without them I would never lived like this. I really love them, they make me angry sometimes but of course I love them.

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
  • I love my parents. Totez original opening statement

My mother is the most selfless, incredible person I know. I'd go into the whole story of my parents' divorce and such, but I've explained that many times here. M'kay, so Mom is awesome. She has her moments where she can be unfair, but it'd be stupid to expect my mother to be perfect, especially since I'm not. I love my step-father too. Yeah, we butt heads. Yeah, I complain about him. But he's just being the father that I didn't have for so many years. It was probably just an adjusting thing and I guess, even after four years, I'm not used to having the overprotective father. But he's amazing too.

I don't love my biological father. I guess there's that little bit of love because I wouldn't be alive without him, but there's nothing more. :/

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    yesss, i love my parents so so much. i feel bad for the people who don't have good relationships with their parents. :(

The Apprentice™

PC's Offical Gangsta
    Years
  • I love my mom cause I hafta live with her haha jk but in seriously sure I do tho I don't like to admit it. As for my father there's no feeling whatsoever.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
  • I love my parents very much. We don't even fight very much, as much as my mother tries :P
    She wants us to fight like a normal teenage daughter and her mother, but I don't like having heated arguments. I do fight with my dad sometimes, because I feel like he's trying to decide my future for me, but I still love them both very much. =3

xX

Bay

Years
  • I love my parents very much. I'm grateful they're still willing to provide me food and shelter and also support me for college. They actually have to get through tough times for me to make it to university (now I'll be entering my final year of school). I can get frustrated sometimes whenever I have arguments with them on different topics, but the fun times I have with them make up for it. :)

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Yeah, I love my parents. Mom's kinda the primary caregiver, and Dad works a lot, nothing unusual, they're both very loving and actually admit when they are wrong (if a bit strongheaded anyhow), and obviously are a large part of why I am where I am, in the situation I am right now, which is pretty darn good. I do feel kind of bad for those who didn't get the kind, giving parents that they probably should have. Not pity in any way, because they do all the stuff they shouldn't really have to do, and haven't lost it yet. Indeed commendable. But I do think they have missed out on something all children were intended to have, and can't get back.

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
  • I love my mom a lot more than my dad, because of certain circumstances. I still love my dad, because he's my dad, but I don't really like him, if you know what I mean. :/ My mom is awesome though, I don't know what me and my brother would do without her.

Years
  • I love my parents, but I don't like them. My mom doesn't know me for me, but rather what she wants me to be. My dad, well, I'm lucky if I spend more than 10 minutes with him. He always isolates himself from everyone.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I really do love my parents(dad, stepmom, mom). There are times that we will get into arguments, but they are awesome! They get me through life in the tough times. I don't know what I would be if it wasn't for them. They always tell me to work hard and do the right thing. Sometimes I do the wrong thing and they set me straight. I am glad they straighten me up. Because I wouldn't be living by myself for eight years of my life. I use their knowledge of the real world to survive.

Back