• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Looks or Personality

Raskolnikov

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Personality indeed. Because I already love look of person who I love her personality.
    Spoiler:

Blurryface

Cheer up, baby.
    Years
  • I usually judge immediately on looks, but not all the time. I usually dig deeper than looks and look for an overall good personality. I've heard this somewhere and I wanted to state it here.
    "You could have a pretty face but it's nothing if you have an ugly heart."

Lucid

Romantic wise, looks, I'm shallow. Personality is everything friend wise, I don't care if my friends look like trolls. ;|

Crystal Berry

[span="text-shadow: 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.12); font
    Years
  • Personality is more important, but looks are important for me to realllllly be attracted to someone.. It would have to be a combination of both though.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    Personality all the way. Honestly looks are just an added bonus for me.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I fell in love with my current boyfriend for his personality and actions. Not for his looks. I never cared about his hair, his height, his style of clothing.

So yes, personality matters to me A LOT.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • People who say "it was their personality that drew me in", stop. Yeah nah. Of course, personality is probably the most important thing but it's not the first thing that I notice. What draws people in and influences their decision on wanting to talk to you or not is appearance. Physical aesthetic opens us the opportunity for the personality to express itself and for someone to get to know someone.

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
    Years
  • Definitely personality. I prefer a girl who's nice and polite. My girlfriend is very nice and has a great personality.

At my high school, there were a lot of girls were who considered gorgeous but had atrocious personalities. Unfortunately, society puts too much emphasis on beauty and not enough on personality, so quite often beautiful people with horrible personalities end up with dates and unattractive people with good personalities do not.

Last edited:

xVaporeonx

Catwoman
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2016
    To me, "falling in love" is lust. Lust is an emotion or feeling, where love is beyond that. Lust is a form of love yes, but it is the least important. It is eros love. So in terms of falling in love, I would say looks. You lust for looks, not personality. For genuine love (agape) or even friendship love (philios) it is personality. There is also storge love but that is more about having the "need" to help something or someone, like the love a mother has for her new born baby. All love is needed in the right balance for every relationship (including lust) but lusting taking priority never lasts. It is the only love of the 4 that fades in and out, which is why I said "falling in love" is lust, not agape or philios love.

Last edited:

Super Prism

Sylveon Enthusiast
    Years
  • I definitely place the most importance on personality. I'm a little too selective in that department, honestly...

For looks, the main thing I care about is body type. I'd rather not date an extremely skinny/ overweight guy, but that's just my preference.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • As far as I know, personality matters far more for successful relationships.
    As for looks, you're okay unless your ugliness obviously came from your neglect, which means you have personality issues in fact, not how little beauty you're born with. Nobody is too ugly if they take care of themselves.

Years
  • As much as I'd like to say personality, I think at times there were sub-conscious judgments being made that inevitably led to rejecting several people in the past. But honestly, I'd consider myself to be demisexual; I can't say that I particularly have an opinion about a person until I've become emotionally attached to them, or find them attractive.

Though my current boyfriend would be a minor exception to that rule since from the first time I set eyes on him, I thought he was a good-looking fellow and he stood out since he was quite tanned. He was the definition of tall, dark and handsome, and remains to be so, hehe. That opinion wasn't consolidated until we spent about a month talking to each other everyday. In the end, his personality, which happens to be 90% similar to mine, is what kept our resolve to get through a long-distance relationship together even stronger.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    This is why I prefer to go for personality; Looks aren't all important at all.

Looks or Personality

Years
  • well, looks are always the first thing that's gonna draw you to a person, let's be real. that's the only thing that you'll be able to take any stock of when you haven't spoken to a person and don't really know anything about them, unless you've heard them talk or know what their personality is more or less already for some reason. that being said, personality's obviously more important in the long run, but if I'm falling in love with someone, I'm falling in love with both their looks and their personality or else it's not going to work.

/thread

GG

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
    Years
  • It's a bit of both but mostly I go off of personality. A guy can be the hottest thang ever to walk in the room but if his personality sucks or he's rude then that makes him really ugly and leaves a lasting impression on me. If someone's average looking but they've got a really nice personality, that makes them really beautiful to me.

And this as well is very important to me:

I want someone I'm going to be able to connect with and talk to.

It's the cutest, nicest feeling when you finally meet that person you can connect with and you both understand one another, no matter what they look like. To me, looks fade after a while even if a guy is really hot. One thing is for sure though, at least I know we've got each others back and we can talk about anything. That's what matters to me the most.

Back