• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

loss of motivation

girliehhhhhh

safhsdjklhfsdjk;
    Years
    ..How does anyone deal with a total loss of motivation to do anything? I got 8 pounds on this summer, can't study, can't go exercise, started smoking though i hate it (!!!), I'm not working (I'm a college student) and so on.

In an ideal world, I'd get up, study some, practice some music instrument for fun, go running and exercise, read a good book and go sleeping satisfied. In reality I light up a smoke, then I drink coffee, then proceed to waste 8 hours with PC on internet, always on the verge of "just this thing and then I get going". I am not a complete wreck, but I seem to lack even basic willpower.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    When I lose motivation to do something, I relax and take a nap. Usually, I lose motivation when I'm not interested in the task at hand.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Know the feeling unfortunately.

It's all about mindset i guess. Set yourself a goal and ABSOLUTELY force yourself to stick to achieving the goal. When you have done it you might be motivated enough to aim for your perfect day. Dunno your situation but this could work

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
    It's very hard for me to find motivation to do one thing: homework! xD

I'm a lazy face person. Life is hard for me because I don't really have motivation in anything ;__; That' why I joined PC in the first place xD

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I've been losing my motivation for living. I've been thinking, after I graduate, joining the army. I just want to help people in my life, and joining the army will help me protect the innocent people.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I've lost motivation to do a lot of stuff over the past, I'd say three or four years, and it might have something to do with the graduate school I'm in, or, as I mentioned in another thread, the medicines my doctors had me on as a child.

Usually I need a LOT of sleep to help me get motivated. Well, that and some good anime and music helps too :)

Years
    ..How does anyone deal with a total loss of motivation to do anything? I got 8 pounds on this summer, can't study, can't go exercise, started smoking though i hate it (!!!), I'm not working (I'm a college student) and so on.

In an ideal world, I'd get up, study some, practice some music instrument for fun, go running and exercise, read a good book and go sleeping satisfied. In reality I light up a smoke, then I drink coffee, then proceed to waste 8 hours with PC on internet, always on the verge of "just this thing and then I get going". I am not a complete wreck, but I seem to lack even basic willpower.

Well... I must say you said everything I've wanted to say.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I have a loss of motivation at the moment sort of. I guess all I want to do is be online and not have to do anything else (which is bad) and because of that, I leave assignments to the last minute without reading marking guides and pass, but still, I'd rather if I put more effort into them but I just can't seem to get the mindset to. Though usually, if I have a reason to put effort into something, I do it, so... if I can somehow transfer motivation for the Internet into that, then I might do better. Though really, if someone just is inspirational, that's helpful or something? Idk.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    It's always been hard for me to motivate myself. Even if all the reasons to do something are laid out in front of me, and my daily mantra consists of repeating them to myself, sometimes nothing is enough. It can be scary sometimes when it's something I'm taking a big risk by not doing, like schoolwork.

The number one thing I lose motivation for is art. I get ideas still when I do this, so it's not art block, but quite frequently I go through periods of time where I can't be bothered to even pick up a pencil and doodle something, no matter how much I say to myself 'I want to get better, and to get better I need to practice'.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    I just make sure I can do it then wait to the last minute and do them. I think you should just keep on trying.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I'm currently at loss of motivation, which is depressing because it keeps me back from doing the things I actually want to do in life. For instance, the past few months I've been trying to work my way back into graphics again, but with no motivation my ideas have become very limited and when I do, do something, I feel like it really isn't good enough and just end up scrapping it.

I haven't worked out in awhile since I moved; and I love working out during the day. With no motivation and having the lazy feeling, it gets me down. However, I blame myself for this because I'm not even doing anything to break out of it, when I should. At times like this, I find it hard to do anything, but to get through it I usually get my mind off of things. I take brakes, and I try to find energy and inspiration to get back into what I enjoy doing. Lately, inspiration has been hard to come by, or maybe I'm just not looking hard enough. So, it's becoming a bit of a keep back for me in life, and I've got to overcome it.

... I don't know what it is, but getting all of that off my chest is a relief. I guess it made me realize that I need to do something and not just keep blaming it upon other reasons. I'm not saying I've found motivation, but I think I'll try harder at grabbing it back.

Ayselipera

I'm someone who just goes with the flow. So when a loss of motivation hits me I just let it pass naturally. Why fight something that's going to run its course anyways? I suppose this is why I'm always told I'm "so laid back", but in truth I'm worried about a lot of things most people don't worry themselves over, so I don't see the point of letting a loss of motivation get in my way. If anything it's a nice break.

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
    Years
    Aaahhh....got the same problem.
    You should prolly think this way: I'll get the car of my dreams if I graduate or something like that. It helps me, lol. xD

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    I've lost the motivation to do and thing art-wise. My Art block isn't helping either.... Usually I'm alway motivated to make pieces of Art whether it's GFX, Spriting, Photography or even simply sketching but I've lost

Usually I can just pick up a render or sprite and do something with it but it doesn't work either. 2 Weeks ago I was hard in my Block and I made a simple sig that would compete in a SOTW. XD It ended up winning even if I didn't try but at least it got me a little motivated.

The good thing is that I've getting more and more out of my block and a little more artistic motivation is coming in

Back