• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Luckiest in-game moment

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Haha this just happened to me last night. I was batteling Wattson and my Grovyle was defeated by his stupid Voltorb's explosion, and all I had left was Skitty. Now even though Skitty was at lv. 30 respectivley, its stats are not where they should be (like delcatty lol). So it was Skitty vs. Manectric, skitty was paralyzed and had a few hp left. Manectric had used up all its super potions (I counted how many it used xD) and it also had a few hp left. I took a gamble and used faint attack. Woot! No jolt of electricity can stop me! xDD

So I was happy that night :]

Years
    I think my luckiest in-game moment would be me capturing my Rayquaza in my Emerald with just a Pokeball. That's pretty rare.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
    In pmd Blue, My HP was critical and I came across a Beedrill One tackle and quick attack wasn't enough to defeat it. and he used Fury attack... Luckily everything missed, allowing me take him out.

I haven't been extremely lucky with pokemon...
    You should see my lucky FE moments XD

Garrabutártulo

A wild Garrabutártulo appears!
    Years
    My luckiest moment, in Soul Silver was encountering a shiny zubat in the first cave. I mean, the first zubat of the game was a green one!

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2011
    In SS, when I first encountered Zapdos, I forgot to save the game before talking to it. I also forgot to replenish my master balls, and had about 15 balls to work with. All 15 failed. I only had a great ball left. HURRDURR ZAPDOS WAS CAUGHT. fyeah.

Another time, I was walking in a cave when my max repel wore out. I was lazy to use another, so I walked just one step further and landed into a wild pokemon. Probably another goddarned zubat, right? But noooo, A SHINY LARVITAR. :]

Years
    Mine would be my epic duel with Cynthia, in the first play through of Diamond. I trained/grinded for days before hand, and I made a point of matching her Garchomp with one of my own. :D Hers used Giga Impact, but it missed, which allowed me to KO it with Dragon Claw from my Garchomp.

Other than that, I've ran into a few totally random shines, just walking around, like Meditite and Geodude. :>

Manaphy.10

Not Your Average Gamer
    Years
    Was randomly walking around route 1 in my firered after beating the E4 for the first time... and a pokemon suddenly appeared! I almost pressed "run" but when i saw what appeared... it was a SHINY RATATTATA!!!! Still kept it in my pc in my diamond.

lol, have a shiny rattata as well. Not sure if I will evolve it or not.

Hm... my luckiest moment was when I was trying to catch latios, but I forgot to buy Pokeballs. I kept chasing him until he was at red and paralyzed. When I looked in my bag, I was horrified to see that I had only 3 Pokeballs! I threw the first one and... it caught it perfectly! Cheers to Pokeballs.

dragonite149

I am not male
    Years
    Platinum:
    I had my Pachirisu and my Tropius left against Floatzel. Paachirisu and Floatzel were in the orange, so I sent out Tropius against Floatzel.
    Floatzel used Ice Fang, and Tropius survived with 5HP.
    Tropius used Fly.
    Floatzel used Ice Fang, but it missed due to Fly.
    Fly hit, and KO'ed Floatzel.
    Me: Oh yes! I beat Crasher Wake!

blue

gucci
    Years
    I Don't really have a special moment, I remember catching a legendary with a Pokeball (could have been Dialga) just can't fully remember what legendary, and there's been several occasions when I've won gym battles with 1 HP remaning so I guess you could say them!

MasterΩMind

ΩSurrender your willΩ
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2011
    'Twas in SoulSilver. My beloved lvl 52 Absol, Raider, was the last Pokemon on my team, with 1 HP left against Lance with three Pokemon, A Dragonite, A Dragonite, and a Charizard. I had no healing items at all, but luckily, all of Lance's Pokemon were on Orange health. So, I think "Well, I've lost. Reset... DAMMIT I DIDN'T SAVE!" So I go on with the battle.

Raider uses Night Slash!
    It's a Critical hit!
    The Foe's DRAGONITE fainted!
    Lance sends out DRAGONITE!
    Raider uses Night Slash!
    It's a Critical hit!
    Lance sends out CHARIZARD!
    Raider uses Night Slash!
    (At this point, Charizard didn't faint. I was like OMFG.)
    CHARIZARD uses Hyper Beam!
    (AAAAAAAAAAAH)
    But it missed!
    Raider uses Night Slash!
    The Foe's CHARIZARD fainted!
    (HOW'S THAT FOR YOUR STUPID BLOCKY DRAGONS!? ABSOL FTW!)

Drekin

We all live in a...
    Years
    Raider uses Night Slash!
    It's a Critical hit!
    Lance sends out DRAGONITE!
    Raider uses Night Slash!
    It's a Critical hit!
    Lance sends out CHARIZARD!
    Raider uses Night Slash!
    (At this point, Charizard didn't faint. I was like OMFG.)
    CHARIZARD uses Hyper Beam!
    (AAAAAAAAAAAH)
    But it missed!
    Raider uses Night Slash!
    The Foe's CHARIZARD fainted!
    (HOW'S THAT FOR YOUR STUPID BLOCKY DRAGONS!? ABSOL FTW!)
    I did the same thing yesterday. I have an Absol too and I use it for critical-hits. (SuperLuck ability, Razor Claw, and increased crit. moves) I killed 5 of Lance's pokemon in a row with Stone Edge. 4 of the OHKOs were critical hits and the 5th one was just a x4 super effective against Charizard. Only on his Dragonite did I not get a critical hit so it survived and took out my Absol. I was laughing out loud every time I got a crit.

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
    Years
    My luckiest in-game moment would have to be the time I froze Whitney's Miltank with my Croconaw's Ice Fang. My other Pokémon did moot against that annoying cow, so I was thankful for that.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Probably catching the main legendery or finally beating a trainer after many attempts.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
    Mine was waaaay back in Blue version. I had (stupidly) decided to go through Rock Tunnel without Flash (I didn't know how to get it back then and gave up on looking). When I eventually found my way out, the only Pokémon I had left was my Wartortle who was poisoned and low on HP. When I finally made it to the Lavandar Pokémon Center, I stood in front of the nurse and checked the status screen. Wartortle had one HP left. A step or two more and I would have been sent all the way back to the Rock Tunnel Pokémon Center.

Back