• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Lucky Dip Watch Along

Years
  • Four episodes into NHK and I'm liking it way more than I thought I was going to during the first few minutes of episode 1.

Years
  • Spoiler:

Just as a heads up for people going into this blind like I was, this one probably should have come with a trigger warning.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    Just as a heads up for people going into this blind like I was, this one probably should have come with a trigger warning.

Hmmm... I'm curious as to which part triggered you? Yea, Satou does some dumb things, but I don't remember getting outright triggered by something.

Years
  • Hmmm... I'm curious as to which part triggered you? Yea, Satou does some dumb things, but I don't remember getting outright triggered by something.

Oh nothing really triggered me myself, it's pretty hard for media to have that kind of effect on me, thankfully. Some of the content to do with Hitomi though could be pretty disturbing for some people. I assume things will only get darker from ep 13 onwards too, I just finished 12 last night.

Years
  • I have now finished Welcome to the NHK and...wow. I did not go into this expecting it would become one of my favourites but here we are. The story was fantastic, the character development was well-paced, well-written and believable and the characters themselves were compelling. I'm not sure likeable is the right word, although I liked them. I appreciate very much how all the major characters were flawed and broken, but not irredeemable in their actions and interactions. The animation wasn't super up-there, but it was good enough that it didn't matter because the story was great. The soundtrack was really good too, it complimented the events of the story well and was enjoyable to listen to.

If I were to criticise anything, it would be episode 23. There was 2-3 episodes of story crammed into that twenty-or-so minutes of screen time. That was the only time anything felt rushed though and I think 23 episodes of excellent pacing outweighs one episode of poor pacing pretty heavily. I don't remember who actually added this to the pool but damn I'm glad you did.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    I have now finished Welcome to the NHK and...wow. I did not go into this expecting it would become one of my favourites but here we are. The story was fantastic, the character development was well-paced, well-written and believable and the characters themselves were compelling. I'm not sure likeable is the right word, although I liked them. I appreciate very much how all the major characters were flawed and broken, but not irredeemable in their actions and interactions. The animation wasn't super up-there, but it was good enough that it didn't matter because the story was great. The soundtrack was really good too, it complimented the events of the story well and was enjoyable to listen to.

If I were to criticise anything, it would be episode 23. There was 2-3 episodes of story crammed into that twenty-or-so minutes of screen time. That was the only time anything felt rushed though and I think 23 episodes of excellent pacing outweighs one episode of poor pacing pretty heavily. I don't remember who actually added this to the pool but damn I'm glad you did.

Glad you liked it :)
    My re-watch is currently on episode 15, but I do remember pacing being a bit iffy at the very end. I think it is a very satisfying journey regardless. I've mentioned it in the powerful moments thread, but that certain scene... I can't wait to get to it again, I like it so much!

Years
    Years
  • Sadly, this month was pretty harsh and I had almost no time to watch the show. And I'm still emotionally recovering from Kokoro Connect. That show was something.

But I'm still looking for the next month.

Years
  • It is now a new month and we are back to our Post-2010 list. The RNG gods have decided this month we will be watching Isshuukan Friends.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    First time hearing about this title. Reading the synopsis, this might be something up my alley.

Years
    Years
  • I watched about 4 episodes at the start of the month. Should probably finish it this weekend. It seems fine so far, but I'm not sure how will the show fill 12 episodes, since it feels like those 4 episodes really repeated themselves a lot.

Years
  • Just finished it. It's been years since I last saw this one and it was nice to have a refresher on why I like it heh. It's certainly not without its flaws, but's it's a really pretty show with a really nice art style and excellent music. The story isn't exactly groundbreaking, but it is enjoyable and I enjoy the fact that even though the premise requires a bit of suspension of disbelief, the characters themselves are very believable in the way they cope/fail to cope with the situations in front of them. I'm glad RNGesus decided to have me rewatch this haha.

Years
  • Finally got to watch last 3 episodes, that I just couldn't get myself to watch. But in the end I quite enjoyed the whole thing. It was pretty too slow for my taste and I found myself sometimes speeding up some parts. Main characters really saved it for me. They were cliché, but were enjoyable. Animation was so cute. Overall, I enjoyed chilling withmy brain off while watching this anime. I'm glad I watched it.

Back