• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ludicolo or Shiftry?

Ludicolo or Dhiftry?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

marcc5m

what
Years
  • Ludicolo or Shiftry?
    Ludicolo or Shiftry?

Shiftry and Ludicolo. Two Grass types released with the third versions as version exclusives, and both are elemental stone evolutions. But which do you prefer?
    I prefer Ludicolo, as it is one of my favourite Pokemon, and I have used it in many teams. And how can you say no to such a happy Pokemon, dancing about like that? Shiftry is cool too I guess, but I like Ludicolo more.

Edit: Poll heading fail Dx

Last edited:

Archipelago

Who knows?
    Years
  • Actually, I don't particularly like either of them...

Ludicolo is a remarkable character in Rain Dance teams, while Shiftry makes a great addition in any Dark or Grass Monotype teams, but I've never really found myself willing to use them. I've never really been fond of Pokemon which are a combination of the four main elements (Fire/Water/Grass/Electricity), and I find Shiftry's design far too ugly for its own good. While I admire their usefulness, I simply don't like them as Pokemon, so I shall vote that I do not like either.

However, if the situation arose in which I had to choose one or the other, Ludicolo would be my choice.

MysticFlygon

Rookie Hacker
    Years
  • I have to agree and say I'm not a fan of either one but if I was battling competitively I would go with Ludicolo because it can be an amazing sweeper on a rain dance team or setup for it's own success with Swords Dance. It even has a very unique water/grass typing with less weaknesses than Shiftry's dark/grass typing.Design wise, Shiftry is terrible but Ludicolo is not much better.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I'm definately a fan of Ludicolo. What's not to love about a pineapple dancing duck? =p

Certainly fans of Miror B are more inclined to respect Ludicolo after he takes you on with his team of Ludiolo in Colo/XD.

I do dislike the 5th gen sprite animation for Ludicolo though. =( Hopefully if an RSE remake occurs it'll be redone - it just looks plain lazy as-is.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Both are equally awesome (Ludicolo for battles and Shiftry for the looks). Overall, I like Shiftry better.

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
  • Shiftry.

Miror B kinda forced his hand and made me not like Ludi much.
    Can't say I have used either much as Nuzleaf gets Exp Share'd for the Extrasensory, then evolved and stuffed into the PC. Heck, the evo lines for both sit in my PC, rarely seeing action outside the daycare fence/wall.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Shiftry has an amazing typing, but Cacturne does it with better stats.

Ludicolo has amazing stats but is ugly as sin. :/

they're both meh for me, but I'll give Ludicolo an edge simply for comedic value. XD

Ayselipera

Hands down Shiftry. I remember back when generation III first came out I loved Seedot and desperately wanted one, but my first game for that generation was Sapphire so I was stuck with Lotad. :( Not that I don't like Ludicolo and its other family members, but they just don't compare to Shiftry.

Plus I ended up catching a Seedot on Emerald and evolving it into a Shiftry and I put that Shiftry on my Battle Frontier team which did amazing and so I've liked it ever since. c:

Then if I ignore my whole history with it I still think it's much better due to design. I always feel kind of silly when using a Ludicolo. xD Shiftry on the other hand is quite the intimidating Pokemon! I imagine it being one of the more creepy ones if it were real.

Chisswarrior

Grand Admiral
    Years
  • I really like how shiftry looks. He's like an evil old tree thing.
    Ludicolo just looks like a weird mexican grass duck...doesn't make sense to me.

Either way, I don't like how either of them perform in battle.

Years
    • Age 31
    • CA
    • Seen Jun 10, 2011
    I prefer Shiftry. I've used it many times before. Sucker Punch gets STAB'd and has Priority which is great for Revenge killing. Explosion OHKOS nearly everything and Seed Bomb gets STAB'd along with Swords Dance the thing is a beast

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • Ludicolo never caught on to me, but Shiftry, oh gosh. I was in love with that Pokemon. It seems so intimidating at first, but its a big softie :3 I just love it.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I've never been crazy about either of them to be honest. Although, I do prefer Lotad over Seedot if they counts?

Years
  • I haven't used either of them much in my team, although I can recall using Ludicolo in the Battle Factory. I don't remember much about their stats, but I think I'd prefer a dancing pineapple over a... a.. I don't know what Shiftry is.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back