• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

lukomon Pokédex released for iPhone/iPod Touch! Android coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2012
Hey!

The evolution screen is similiar to a popup notification on the iPhone, though we'd like to call it a 'Modal window' ;-)
We're very excited as we're almost ready to release lukomon :-)

pinksyllibus

a lunar antidote
Years
This looks really great.. looking forward to it. Thanks for being so open to the community during the whole process :)

Code

Stealcase
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 23, 2021
It is official. I am going to buy an Ipod for this thing.
XD

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
I just recently got the Android version and it's definitely awesome. Great work on it. =)

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
It's out already? I didn't see it on the market.

My mistake! I have another by "Nolan Lawson". I figured it was this one as the other one on the market belongs to someone else who posted in this forum. :P Pokedroid is what it's called.

In that case, really looking forward to this one. XD

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2012
We were experiencing some problems with our database since there are over 9000 texts in there. This was causing horrible slowdown on newer Pokémon (like a Slowpoke in slowmotion). We've rewritten and optimized most of our code as we implemented the new design but it was still too slow (it evolved into Slowbro). That's why we came up with a solution: generate flat-files from our server which contain all information we need. This works pretty well and is fast :-) We're still implementing this method for some of our other data (like items) and this shouldn't take long anymore. Sorry for the delay!

We're working as hard as we can, haven't slept normal for a week and I have only played Heart Gold for 3 hours since the release! ;-(

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2012
Thanks for all the positive replies!
lukomon Pokédex will be introduced at a reduced introduction price. You're the first to know ;-)
Oh and we will be releasing some promo codes in here, since you rock :)

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
How much will the app to be?

After reading through the whole thread, I have some other questions.

lukodev1303.png

Is the above a real entry or just to show the design, etc? Because, as far as I'm concerned Bulbasaur isn't found on any of those routes or cities, and those routes/cities aren't in Diamond (which is highlited).

Similar to the above question, it says trade while holding this item (metal coat) followed by a fire stone (or thunderstone; can't tell) to get Ivysaur, which is obtained by leveling up. Also, Ivysaur doen't have a Hold Item as it isn't found in the wild.

Thanks for all the positive replies!
lukomon Pokédex will be introduced at a reduced introduction price. You're the first to know ;-)
Oh and we will be releasing some promo codes in here, since you rock :)

Also, what are these promo codes and what do they do?

Just curious; not wanting to sound doubting. I personally find this amazing as I'm getting an iPod Touch for my birthday and my heart rate went up becasue of excitement of this app!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 7, 2010
deku, this is what Kombo Studio said:
Here's a sneek peak at the improved design which will be fully implemented tomorrow morning :-D
(dummy data in there for testing)
So I guess it is correct that the data in there is just for testing.

Also, promo codes are something like (if I remember it correctly) codes you can use in iTunes to download a certain app for free. Just like gift cards for example.

OT; cool Kombo~! Hope I can snag a promo code. If not, don't worry, I'll definitely buy the app when it releases. :)

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2012
Hey Deku:
Pokafreak is right, that's just dummy data in there. Don't worry :)

Developers can request promotional codes for their apps. These promo codes allow customers to download the app for free. This is mainly used for marketing (given to blogs, sites etc for reviews).

We're still thinking about the pricing and as I said we will introduce lukomon for a reduced introduction price. I can't tell you that exact price yet, unfortunately.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Hey Deku:
Pokafreak is right, that's just dummy data in there. Don't worry :)

Developers can request promotional codes for their apps. These promo codes allow customers to download the app for free. This is mainly used for marketing (given to blogs, sites etc for reviews).

We're still thinking about the pricing and as I said we will introduce lukomon for a reduced introduction price. I can't tell you that exact price yet, unfortunately.

Good :) I must've read over that :P
Anyways, I should be getting an iPhone for my birthday (early too, I think), and this will be one of the first apps I get! It looks very nice and extremely convienent. How long do the promo codes last?

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2012
deku: Promotional codes last for 4 weeks.

It's true that we've put a lot of time and effort into the creation of lukomon but I don't think we'll ever sell the app for as much as $3.99. That's more than I'd personally like to pay for an app. We will announce the release and price at the start of the next week.

Migrating from our old database-driven system has increased the filesize a bit. But it will will most likely not even exceed 15MB. That's not much for an app is it?

Screenshot!
lukodev0904.png

Our gameswitcher will be visible if you scroll down as you are at the top of the page (similiar to the Music app on the iPhone). Here you can trigger game specific locations.
Press the move to see it's profile. Once you're there you can see every Pokémon that can learn that this move :-)

We're still working on the last bits of our database and making things like this look nice:
lukodev0904_01.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back