• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lunala or Solgaleo? Which do you prefer?

Solgaleo or Lunala?

• Solgaleo

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Lunala

Votes: 14 51.9%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2017
    I think personally I prefer Lunala just because it reminds me more of Cosmog, making me think of that long journey.

Alexherobrine45

MOFPC - Master Of Fake Pokémon Creation
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2018
    Lunala is awesome. Solgaleo isn't. 'Nuff said.

Tbh, the Nebby-evolving cutscene looks much better with Lunala anyway.

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018
    I like Solgaleo best because I want to get Pokemon Sun and lions are my favorite animal and hitting like a freaking truck doesn't hurt. It is also the third Psychic/Steel Pokemon (the other two being the Metang line which I count as one Pokemon and the Bronzong line) though it isn't quite the best typing since EQ can kill it like Metang plus Fire weakness and ghost type. It's neutral to dark type which is good but it also takes neutral damage from fighting type attacks. It takes care of that pesky fairy typing and immunity to poison helps and resistance to ice and rock. So I guess it's not that bad but it could have been better (I was hoping for a fire type cause of the whole Sun Lion thing but oh well). Hopefully we get more lion Pokemon later on since the only obvious lions are Solgaleo, Luxray (why does the female have a mane at all), and Pyroar. I need more so I can have a full team of lions without duplicates that works. Personally I want an Ice Type lion to cover the ground weakness to all three of them (weird coincidence). AND FOR THE LOVE OF ARCEUS GAMEFREAK GIVE LUXRAY BETTER STATS AND A NEW MOVEPOOL!!!!

pkmin3033

White Tigerzord Expy vs. Space Mega Noivern. I would have thought the choice would have been obvious.

Years
  • Lunala obviously, since it's the more beautiful of the two plus Ghost/Psychic has more offensive coverage than Solgaleo's Steel/Psychic typing. Also, I love the moon better than the sun.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Solgaleo only slightly more based on design. I do like both legendaries this time. When playing through Moon, Nebby was what made me feel a lot stronger for Lunala considering how I wasn't that much of a fan to begin with.

Shirona

[span="font-size: 18px; font-family: Abril Fatface
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2019
    I'm going to go for the moonbat. Because it's a moonbat, it's cool, and I hate people Lunala has a cool screechy cry.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Solgaleo, even though I think Lunala is more useful competitively. I just preferred his design over Lunala.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Lunala. It's a more interesting Pokemon design wise to me. It feels more powerful because it has such a mysterious air to it. Like you don't know what it's really capable of.

I don't really hate Solgaleo, but it gives me the vibe of a fakemon legendary. Like somebody just took a lion and said "I'm going to make it a legendary by making it look really buff and powerful". I guess it just has a design that doesn't really say "legendary" to me. It's trying too hard.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
  • Lunala just feels 'right'...

When you first saved cosmog you two fell into a river, with both of you being helpless until Tapu Koko came to the rescue. It makes sense from a story standpoint that Nebby would take a form that would be able to take flight.

Not to mention Cosmog's color scheme and design matches Lunala's more than Solgaleo's...

Years
  • I agree with Cid and Eresse. When you look at Cosmog, becoming Lunala does make more sense thanks to the similar colour schemes and such. Cosmoem does bear more similarity to Solgaleo however, so that evens it out.

Back