• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mafia Mayhem [Game #3] - Night One

Years
    Mafia Mayhem

Hello and welcome to Mafia Mayhem. This special Get-together mafia event should be a dream come true for those of you who want to brutally murder some of your competition... or team mates. We don't judge.

Mafia is a strategy game pitting two teams against each other, the uninformed majority (town) and informed minority (mafia). The goal is simple enough, the town need to kill all the mafia before the mafia can become the majority. If you're new to the game and need proper instructions, here's a link to Gunner's Guide.

Rules
    1. Do not PM share or otherwise discuss this game outside of this thread.
    2. Both the Day and Night phases are 24 hours. The game starts in the Night Phase
    3. During the night phase, you must not post in this thread.
    4. If you're dead, that's it, you're dead. You may not haunt the thread. the exception to this is one death post that cannot contain game information.
    5. Format votes as [Vote] Player
    6. If you fail to vote twice in a row, you will be removed from the game.
    7. You may not abstain from voting.

Roles
    This is a small game, so the roles are very limited. In fact, there are only two roles with special abilities.

The Doctor: The special role given to one of the town-sided players. At night you can visit one person and protect them from death. All other town players are villagers with no abilities.
    The Yakuza: The only mafia player in this setup. Each night you can choose one town player to kill. You also have a second night action ability in which you will kill yourself and transfer your role to a town player. If that player wins, you achieve a team victory with them.

Players
    gimmepie and Kitty as your GMs

Bidoof FTW
    Tails MK4
    Impulse
    Galactic Pokemon
    Nick Wilde

Last edited:
    Years
    Day One

Bidoof FTW is dead. They were aligned with the Town.
    Impulse is dead. They were aligned with the Mafia.

Players

Bidoof FTW as the Doctor​
    Tails MK4
    Impulse as the Yakuza​
    Galactic Pokemon
    Nick Wilde

Years
    Uh, wow, a lot happened last night, apparently. So if I understood what happened here, not only did our mysterious Yakuza claim someone (that happened to be our Doctor), but it also...killed itself? Meaning there's another Yakuza among us. Since there's three of us left, and voting for myself would be silly, that basically leaves me with only two people to consider. I decided to determine my vote with a coin flip: heads for Galactic, tails for Nick. I apparently also stink at coin flipping, so I needed to flip several times before I caught a coin...

[Vote] Galactic

It landed heads, so sorry. But I have nothing else to go on.

Years
    Yakuza works in a way that it eliminates itself and chooses another player. That player then is turned to mafia, so actually as it stands we have one Yakuza and two town members, meaning if we mislynch today then town loses, as it will be 1-1 and the mafia just kills the remaining townie.

[Vote] Galactic, as at the moment there's been a while to say something and you've been quiet, maybe waiting to see if instead us two townies turn our attention on each other and vote the other off?

Years
    Game #3, Night Zero

Hello and welcome to Mafia Mayhem. This special Get-together mafia event should be a dream come true for those of you who want to brutally murder some of your competition... or team mates. We don't judge.

Mafia is a strategy game pitting two teams against each other, the uninformed majority (town) and informed minority (mafia). The goal is simple enough, the town need to kill all the mafia before the mafia can become the majority. If you're new to the game and need proper instructions, here's a link to Gunner's Guide.

Rules
    1. Do not PM share or otherwise discuss this game outside of this thread.
    2. Both the Day and Night phases are 24 hours. The game starts in the Night Phase
    3. During the night phase, you must not post in this thread.
    4. If you're dead, that's it, you're dead. You may not haunt the thread. the exception to this is one death post that cannot contain game information.
    5. Format votes as [Vote] Player
    6. If you fail to vote twice in a row, you will be removed from the game.
    7. You may not abstain from voting.

Roles
    This is a small game, so the roles are very limited. In fact, there are only two roles with special abilities.

The Cop: The special role given to one of the town-sided players. At night you can investigate one player and learn their alignment. All other town players are villagers with no abilities.
    Mafiosos: A pair of mafia players with no special abilities outside the night kill.

Players

Bidoof FTW
    Tails MK4
    Impulse
    Galactic Pokemon
    Nick Wilde
    Nakuzami

Years
    Day One

Nobody died. The Mafia is Lame.

Players

Bidoof FTW
    Tails MK4
    Impulse
    Galactic Pokemon
    Nick Wilde
    Nakuzami

Last edited:
    Years
    So, the fact the Mafia didn't get anyone leaves a clue as to who is Mafia...cause I think even a single vote by a Mafia member would have killed a townie last night. Of this post, there are two people that haven't logged in since prior to the start of the round...Bidoof FTW and Galactic Pokemon. Since I have nothing else to go on, I'll start with one of these.

[Vote] Bidoof FTW

Voting on an inactive member is a risk, but I think it's the best option we got at this point.

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
    Hm, although that logic is fair we have seen from other games that forum activity doesn't always correspond with the ability to actually put your night action through, since most of it is from discord Also, with 2 mafia I think it even reduces the chance of this being the case, because hopefully the other would actually have followed through.

I mean, that's all I've really got for now, I'd be willing to vote Galactic but I really am of the opinion that one of the mafia is likely to be a more active user.

EDIT: the day is 24 hours but I'd rather not completely agree on voting someone until I see some more people talking.

Last edited:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    Yee, if you want to be meta like that, it's more accurate to track someone's Discord activity lol

but it's not the worst reasoning to start off with

Years
    The way this game kind of works, I think Discord activity is irrelevant, but your input is appreciated regardless. It's just I thought how it worked was that the Mafia would contact the GM by PM here on the forum (that was the case the past Mafia games I have played from other communities, since Discord wasn't around then). So the fact no one was killed made me think there were no votes by the Mafia cast, so my logic tells me that at least one of the members that did not log onto the forum until after Night 0 ended is Mafia. I guess Discord would be another way to communicate with the GM, but to my knowledge you have to go on the forum in order to know if anything special happened with you first.

So yeah, unless people have other ideas, I'm sticking with my vote. Plus, we can't abstain from voting, so better to follow a gut instinct than to wait for some information that may never happen, imo.

EDIT: Elaborated on my logic some more.

Last edited:

Nakuzami

Years
    The way this game kind of works, I think Discord activity is irrelevant, but your input is appreciated regardless. It's just I thought how it worked was that the Mafia would contact the GM by PM here on the forum (that was the case the past Mafia games I have played from other communities, since Discord wasn't around then). So the fact no one was killed made me think there were no votes by the Mafia cast, so my logic tells me that at least one of the members that did not log onto the forum until after Night 0 ended is Mafia. I guess Discord would be another way to communicate with the GM, but to my knowledge you have to go on the forum in order to know if anything special happened with you first.

So yeah, unless people have other ideas, I'm sticking with my vote. Plus, we can't abstain from voting, so better to follow a gut instinct than to wait for some information that may never happen, imo.

EDIT: Elaborated on my logic some more.
    In most cases on PC, out-of-game chats such as the mafia chat are almost universally conducted on Discord. Typically that'll be where GMs contact the mafia and other players to get night actions, except in cases where the GM doesn't yet have a player as a contact on Discord (obviously) or if someone prefers to send their night action via PM.

For example, I have an entire server dedicated to games that I host, with channels corresponding to the games.

Normally I wouldn't worry about it, but if you want to base your vote on meta information, I feel like you should at least be told that haha.

You're logic as for the rest of it holds, though. It's likely the case that the mafia simply failed to place a kill vote, since I find it unlikely that they'd willingly skip a kill.

And afaik there are no non-vanilla town roles in this game, so pretty much all the info we'll get has already been presented to us, which is why I'm not going to dismiss a meta case simply for it being meta. Unlikely that anything too incriminating will pop up otherwise, until people actually begin to post

speaking of which, day's about half over and half of the players have posted

Last edited:

impulse~

judging by how last game ended, mafia wins by having equal numbers to town. if we lynch a good guy today, we lose, since we're 6
    idk if the kill is as mandatory as the voting is, but it feels right to think that the missing kill was planned in some way. not to mention how familiar this is.

Years
    Normally I wouldn't worry about it, but if you want to base your vote on meta information, I feel like you should at least be told that haha.

You're logic as for the rest of it holds, though. It's likely the case that the mafia simply failed to place a kill vote, since I find it unlikely that they'd willingly skip a kill.

And afaik there are no non-vanilla town roles in this game, so pretty much all the info we'll get has already been presented to us, which is why I'm not going to dismiss a meta case simply for it being meta. Unlikely that anything too incriminating will pop up otherwise, until people actually begin to post

Yeah, I kind of had to make some assumptions on how the system worked since Game #1 on here was actually my first Mafia game on this forum (and as you saw...it ended on Day 1, doing a similar risk that I'm doing now), so what everyone had said so far regarding that was good to know.

The fact the Mafia did not make a kill is really the basis for my logic here...nothing else made sense unless for some strange reason the Mafia wants to delay the game. Yes, we are taking risks by voting for someone with little information, but the way I see it, the Mafia will win if we do nothing since every time Night comes around, one of us is going to die. So I had to consider the fact two Mafia members made no kills, and there happened to be two people part of this game that hadn't logged onto the forum yet. Without any other clues, I see this as our best chance to make the odds go in our favor, and that's a risk I'm willing to take.

I looked at the rules again, and while the Mafia members have no power besides the night kill, on the Townie side there is a cop, which again makes my choice to lynch someone on Day 1 even riskier, cause if Bidoof really is the cop, then that makes things harder. But if we do nothing, the Mafia will slowly kill us.

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
    I can agree with your logic Tails, since we're going for inactives, I'm going to go for [Vote] Galactic Pokemon

Nakuzami

Years
    Yeah, I kind of had to make some assumptions on how the system worked since Game #1 on here was actually my first Mafia game on this forum (and as you saw...it ended on Day 1, doing a similar risk that I'm doing now), so what everyone had said so far regarding that was good to know.

The fact the Mafia did not make a kill is really the basis for my logic here...nothing else made sense unless for some strange reason the Mafia wants to delay the game. Yes, we are taking risks by voting for someone with little information, but the way I see it, the Mafia will win if we do nothing since every time Night comes around, one of us is going to die. So I had to consider the fact two Mafia members made no kills, and there happened to be two people part of this game that hadn't logged onto the forum yet. Without any other clues, I see this as our best chance to make the odds go in our favor, and that's a risk I'm willing to take.

I looked at the rules again, and while the Mafia members have no power besides the night kill, on the Townie side there is a cop, which again makes my choice to lynch someone on Day 1 even riskier, cause if Bidoof really is the cop, then that makes things harder. But if we do nothing, the Mafia will slowly kill us.
    Yeah, the way these games are set up makes them go super quick. If the mafia had killed, it would be instant LyLo (Lynch or lose), and even with them doing nothing it's instant MyLo (mislynch and lose)

I'm not sure if we're allowed to vote "no one," as that's often, though not always, considered the same as abstaining.

If we could do that, it might actually be the most beneficial option since it'd give us an extra night and day for info, because if we Lynch wrong today it's game over already

. . . which is kinda ridiculous lmao. This might as well be One Night Ultimate Werewolf.

Going by your theory, doof has at least been active throughout the day phase, which means it's likely he could have been active through messages without having logged on. Galactic, on the other hand, hasn't even shown up yet.

Unless GP ends the phase a little early, things should still be going on when I wake up for work in the morning, so I'm not sure if I'd like to wait until then to cast my vote. Either way, I should have time to change it if necessary

Nicke Wilde also hasn't shown up in the thread (not to mention he changed his name back to Nick Wilde, lmao bearon pls where r u bby)

Vote Nick Wilde

A pressure vote. I intend to check in before the end of phase to see if either him or Galactic have checked in, since Galactic already has a vote on him I don't feel it necessary to pile on just yet.

Just make sure not to all spread out too thin the entire time, otherwise it's an easy Lynch for the maf to control

Years
    Yes, we do still have time, hopefully for Nick Wilde to check things out here and perhaps to hear what impulse has to say. The fact Nick Wilde has not participated here in Game 3 yet also could be suspect...but I had this same logic when I decided to lynch Galactic in Game #1, and I ended up losing as a result. I will say this, though...if we don't have more than one vote on someone, I think we will have a mislynch anyway, so we need to decide fairly soon. I calculated seven hours from this post is the time limit we have, and I will be sleeping probably in three.

EDIT: I might be up to changing my vote, if only to ensure we do not have a mislynch. I still prefer my logic, but I could wait and see if other people talk...

EDIT2: If we lynch a townie today, actually, we're done if the Mafia does a kill. I'm sticking with my vote. If you want to wait to get more information, vote for someone that hasn't already received a vote. I'd rather have a no lynch than lynch someone that turned out to be innocent.

Last edited:

Nakuzami

Years
    One new post.

Galactic and Nick Wilde aren't going to show. Impulse has made one comment.

There isn't much to go off with no kill and such low activity, so if we're working with the inactive theory then it's safest to go for one of the two that haven't even shown up.

Vote Galactic Pokemon

I swear if voting Galactic causes two mafia victories in a row I'm going to scream

Back