• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity Daily: Make-a-Mega 6: Arcanine - VOTE NOW

Which design wins?

• Grasstrand

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • CDB

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Make-a-Mega

059.png

There are a lot of really cool Pokemon out there that just don't hold up competitively. Generation Six however gave us a way to fix this: Mega Evolution. This allows Pokemon that are otherwise not very useful to suddenly become useable in a higher tier.

With Make-a-Mega we're choosing Pokemon that we'd like to see with a Mega Evolution and then as a community making the changes (or lack thereof) to its typing, ability and stats to raise it from the depths of the low tiers. This time around we're going to make Syndrome's dreams come true at last and finally create a Mega Arcanine.

We can make all the on-paper changes we like, but no Mega Pokemon is complete without an awesome new design. That's we're all you fantastic artists come in. We're asking you to design how our Mega Arcanine should look by the 13th of October. After that we'll run a four day poll to determine whose design will be featured in the corresponding Daily article (although a link to all the provided art will be included).

Guidelines
    1. You can only submit one design.
    2. Comment your intent to participate (You're welcome to participate as a group).
    3. Only post the finished version of your design.

Participant List

Spoiler: Grassstrand
    unnamed_by_grassstrand-dakq0vo.jpg

Spoiler: CDB
    4c598a8737118df9037a5c956f32a2e7.png

Last edited:

Grassstrand

Complete trash
    Years
  • I finished! Sorry I can't do a digital, dog ate my tablet pen and the new one hasn't come in >.< I also have a bad phone camera and no scanner so sorry if it doesn't show up as good as it could >.<

http://orig09.deviantart.net/d971/f/2016/284/2/8/unnamed_by_grassstrand-dakq0vo.jpg

I took inspiration from The Chinese Shisa ( https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/da/Forbidden_City_Imperial_Guardian_Lions.jpg ) :3 I wanted to add the arm brace things but i've seen fan make mega arcanines with those before and I didn't want to seem like I was copying someone elses ideas.

CDB

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    Here's my entry :) A much thinner and streamlined body, and weighted anklets to help Arcanine train; Arcanine can use the anklets as mini-jets by blasting fire through the holes, increasing the power and speed of its attacks.

4c598a8737118df9037a5c956f32a2e7.png

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 26, 2019
    Sorry for being late. Here is my M-Arcanine
    Mega Arcanine

mega-arcanine2_zpsn1h9jpys.jpg

Last edited:

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • I have nothing really contributive to say, I just wanted y'all to know that I did a double take when I saw Arcanine as this newest Make-A-Mega and I squealed with happiness cause he's my favorite Pokemon. Y'all will do amazing with it, just wanted to say that haha (:

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 26, 2019
    As cool as that is I'm afraid you've missed the deadline to submit art.
    There is discussion of stats in the Battling and Teambuilding section but typing and ability have already been voted on too.

Better luck next time!
    Thank you. I just want to share with you my idea, not aim to join the contest :D

Years
    • Age 33
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Congrats CBD! Another awesome entry. Unsticking thisthread.

Back