• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity Daily: Make-a-Mega (PokeCommunity Daily) - VOTE NOW

Whose design should be featured in the Daily article?

• Nina's

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • CDB's

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Kirby's

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
Make-a-Mega

407.gif

We all know that there's a lot of Pokemon that just plain suck competitively. However, the introduction of mega-evolution as a mechanic allowed many Pokemon that would otherwise be very weak to suddenly become very usable. In the case of some Pokemon (ie. Lucario or Mawile), their mega-evolutions give them such a boost that they jump from lower tiers into Ubers.

So, for the Daily series Make-a-Mega, we're going to take a Pokemon that is ordinarily quite weak and create a mega-evolution that will render it usable in a higher tier.

After a poll, the competitive battling community (and any other passers-by) have voted for Roserade to be the first Pokemon to gain a new mega-evolution. That's where you guys come in. The competitive guys are currently working on the various changes to Roserade's in-battle capability but mega-evolutions also involve a change in appearance.

We would like for the resident artists of PC (you guys) to develop designs for this new Mega-Roserade over a period of about two weeks and three days. During this time I'll be sure to provide you with updates regarding changes to the Pokemon's type, ability and stats to help make your job easier. At the end of this time, we'll open a poll to decide which design gets featured in the Daily article, however a link to this thread will also be included so all participants may have their designs seen.

Guidelines
1. You can only submit one design.
2. Comment your intent to participate.
3. Only post the finished version of your design.

Participant List
Nina:
Spoiler:

CBD:
Spoiler:

Kirby:
Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
I can offer my help to make the digital part (Line art, colors and shading) if someone wants to sketch it first!

Yes, I'd much rather work together on something like this than make it into a competition. We've all been meaning to collaborate for awhile. Let's all make some design sketches in the DCC. :D

bobandbill

one more time
Years
If you want to collaborate then that's fine. If multiple designs do get created however then that'd still result in a poll for the 'best' or most popular one. (Part of that reasoning too is that if, down the track, a PS Server for the battling folks is created which allows additional Pokemon to be added - including Mega forms like these - then one of these would be used for that purpose).

Years
  • Age 33
  • she / they
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Stickying this! Everyone should seriously get up in this contest because it's going to be majorly awesome. :3

Years
Just so anyone planning on giving this a go knows, it looks like we'll probably be sticking to Roserade's original typing.

Years
  • Age 33
  • she / they
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Aaaaa so amazing~~ That hair is ULTRA FLUFF

I should have mine done soon enough. Not too much longer now! 8)

Years
Just a heads up, but if there's going to be multiple designs I need to have the rest of them up some time within the next 24-ish hours since I need to poll for the winning design.

CDB

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
I might come up with something but I do have a question: are the stats / abilities / other stuff finalized, or should I come up with those as well for a design?

Back