• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Male users - do you ever wear pink?

Male users - do you ever wear pink?

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    For the male users here, I was wondering, do you ever wear pink?

I love to wear pink; it is a nice jazzy (not girly) color. Real Men Wear Pink.

WARNING: This is not a thread to discuss your own or anyone else's sexual orientation.

Years
  • Hell no. If I see any guy wearing pink, I instantly think that they are a ******. Not in the homosexual way but in the pansy way. That is my stereotypical judgement on the matter.

Years
  • If it's a tasteful pink, then yes. I don't see the slightest problem with it. I can't believe people take colours that seriously. I have a pink shirt and a green shirt that I bought at the same time and I wear them both as often as each other.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I've gotten a few reports on this thread since I locked this one last night, because the reasons I locked that thread also apply to this one. So I just thought I should explain to everybody why I intend to let this one live while the other had to die:

Basically, I think that while those reasons do apply here also, this thread has more merit and more reason to ask a question to exclusively one gender because males wearing pink can be seen as a study in gender roles rather than just a question of clothing choice, whereas females wearing black is commonplace and no big deal. The other thread I saw as pretty much a copycat thread designed for Drakow to see what girls he can creep on, and if he's interested in picking up girls who wear black he can VM them and ask because OVP is not an online dating service :P

I probably should have said some of this in my locking post, but it was like 3am and I was on my phone and about to go to sleep lol.

-----

NOW ONTO THE QUESTION ITSELF.

No, I don't wear pink, but that's not because I think it's a girly colour, but because I've worn both pink and yellow in the past and they look absolutely terrible on me. I need to wear either darker or bolder colours like greens, blues, reds and blacks - which make up the majority of my wardrobe selection. Also, I don't do my own clothes shopping because the thought of clothes shopping to me is worse than eating a bowl of leeches and slowly bleeding to death from the inside out, so most of my new clothes come in the form of birthday and Christmas presents - and I guess people don't generally think to buy pink for boys :P

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • No, but I wouldn't be uncomfortable wearing it. It's just not really a color I like that much, so I don't have any clothes in that color.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I have a couple of pink golf shirts. Some pink dress shirts. Also a pink tie. Purple dress shirts and ties too.

Doesn't strike me as unusual or unmanly in the least.

Algo Fonix

oh god
    Years
  • No, but only because I don't own any pink shirts or anything. If I found a pink shirt that I liked, I'd have no issue with wearing it.

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • No, I don't, but it's not like I wear anything other than red, blue, green, and white (and sometimes black) anyways. Even my PE and marching band clothes are of those four colors so I've never worn anything too fancy.

I wouldn't be uncomfortable wearing pink though, if I had to.

Years
  • I don't wear any pink, because I need to keep up my ultra macho manly physique just because I don't really like the color. That also might be why I'd probably feel strange wearing it but I'm not terribly opposed. I wear purple though.

Years
  • I can not think of the last time that I conscientiously chose to wear pink. I do not feel it to be emasculating in any way - it just does not go well with me and my personality... I guess.

Years
  • Haha, it's cool Shining Raichu, I knew why you locked mine and not his.

I should probably say that my previous post in this topic is a generalization as well.

Years
  • No.
    I don't even own anything pink I don't think. I just don't like the colour itself and not the correlation between its 'supposed' meanings.​

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Pink doesn't really suit me. Like, at all. There's something about my skin tone that just seems to clash with anything pink that I try to wear, be it shirts or ties or even socks. Because of this, I don't actually own anything pink at the moment. I have no real ideological complaint against the colour; it just looks really bad on me! :D

Her

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Hell no. If I see any guy wearing pink, I instantly think that they are a ******. Not in the homosexual way but in the pansy way. That is my stereotypical judgement on the matter.

drakow keeps it real on pokecommunity.com

Although I don't have any problem with wearing pink, it doesn't look good on me 90% of the time. I own pink clothing (all of them are pink with another dominant color though, nothing is just pink) but I hardly ever wear it because it doesn't agree with my skintone. I leave the pink clothes to my sister, who, by the way, is a princess.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I don't wear anything pink. I don't really like the color much and I understand that term "real men wear pink". It's sort of overused in my opinion and how does a color determine how masculine a man is or not. Pink doesn't really look good on me either.

SchwarzRozen

Sugary Delight
    Years
  • Hot pink mixed in with other colors, so yes.

I don't like bright pink on its own, but I do own one shirt that has pinks, purples, and red splatters on a black t-shirt.

Years
  • I have a pink button down shirt I look damn good in, so yes.

hol_56750_06_prod1

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    ...I'm actually wearing a pink shirt, now. Go figure!
    But this is the only thing pink I wear. I don't like pastel pink on me, but I like the hot pink, it's a little more dressy, which I like to be. But the t-shirt I'm wearing isn't dressy, but it IS hot pink.

Years
  • While I am quite fond of doing humorously awkward things sometimes, I don't think I own even a single pink piece of clothing, so no. I think I do have a pink towel, though.

Back