• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] Mansion Extravaganza [Halloween 2K18]

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Hmm can only catch first encounter Pokemon. Seeing as I caught Sandshrew already, the rest of my planned team is acquired via Game Corner(which is classified as a gift as I see it(feel free to say otherwise and its not the end of the world if I can't get Vulpix since I can always get Charmander as a back-up muwhaha)) or appears pretty much frequently(Gastly in Pokemon Tower). Anyways, I'm not catching anything for Gym#3 so I make my way to Bill's for S.S. Ticket and then wade my way South to Vermilion City and the S.S. Anne. Once there Pikachu battled all the Sailors while Sandshrew battled the rest(Taught Sandshrew Dig for Fire Types and Rock Types in Rock Tunnel). After departing the S.S. Anne with Cut(which I promptly taught to Sandshrew in place of Scratch(hence no Swift this run), I battled all the trainers along Route 11 for more experience. Then I Cut my way to Vermilion Gym, defeated all three Trainers as I searched for the two switches and battled Lt.Surge with a OHKO Dig attack. I give him credit for at least trying to hit me with a Mega Kick(which missed) as opposed to Thunderbolt(which wouldn't work).

Anyways after interacting with the Computer, I'll move through the Fake Wall into Room 43.

Team update:

pikachu.gif

Sparky Level 26
Thundershock
Quick Attack
Double Team
Thunderbolt

pidgey.gif

Valkyrie Level 24
Gust
Sand Attack
Quick Attack
Whirlwind

sandshrew.gif

AJ Level 27
Slash
Sand Attack
Dig
Cut

I await for my next curse before traveling to Rock Tunnel and beyond.

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2019

Mansion Zemanahrad - Pokemon Emerald #6

Spr_3e_289.png
Spr_3e_253.png
Spr_3e_279.png
Spr_3e_264.png
Spr_3e_227.png

• Caught a Wingull at Route 106, nicknamed Lyra. Sent to PC.
  • Starting to apply "The Curse of Eternal Youth" Curse
  • Caught a Pelipper at Route 108, nicknamed Kenya. Sent to PC.
  • Grinding Time!
  • Caught a Linoone at Route 119, nicknamed Rumu. Sent to PC.
  • Caught a Tropius at Route 119, nicknamed Tororo. Sent to PC.
  • Egg hatched. "Locked Ball Curse" Curse effect: Sent to PC.
  • Arrived Weather Institute. Defeat those Team Aqua.
  • Berden's 4th rematch.
  • Got a Castform as gift, nicknamed Casty. Sent to PC.
  • Arrived Fortree City.
  • Went to Route 120, met Steven.
  • Caught a Kecleon (static encounter), nicknamed Leon. Sent to PC.
  • Back to Fortree City.

Fortree Gym Battle - Winona

Spr_B2W2_Winona.png

Spr_3e_333.png
Spr_3e_357.png
Spr_3e_279.png
Spr_3e_227.png
Spr_3e_334.png

• Kenya's Shockwave defeat Swablu, Pelipper and Skamory. A bit struggle with Tropius.
  • Altaria spam Dragon Dance then crit Aerial Ace made Kenya fainted
  • Slaken used 2 Bulk Up can stand 6 Dragon Dance + Earth Quake. Then Slash to faint.

Current Team

Spr_3e_289.png

Slaken | Adamant Nature
Level 38 | Truant
Cut
Slash
Bulk Up
Slack Off

Spr_3e_253.png

Satori | Calm Nature
Level 32 | Overgrow
Leaf Blade
Screech
Absorb
Quick Attack

Spr_3e_279.png

Kenya | Serious Nature
Level 33 | Keen Eye
Swallow
Stockpile
Shock Wave
Surf

Spr_3e_264.png

Rumu | Rash Nature
Level 25 | Pickup
Headbutt
Sand-Attack
Odor Sleuth
Mud Sport

Spr_3e_227.png

Skaria | Quiet Nature
Level 25 | Sturdy
Peck
Sand-Attack
Swift
Agility

Room 666 all the way!!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2022
What You Are Called: Brewmaster
What You Look Like: Charmander
What You Are Doing: Pokemon Black 2
What is the Answer to Life?: 42
Room You Wish To Start In: 1

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Update #2 on Ruby:

• Boxed Boggy the Mudkip due to the Starter-hex curse.
  • Caught Brave the Taillow on Route 116, and trained her up there.
  • Hitched a ride to Dewford Town, then caught Rocky the Geodude in Granite Cave.
  • Easily beat Brawly with Brave's Wing Attack.
Screens:
Spoiler:

The Brave Investigators:
Spr_3e_276.png

Brave the Adamant Taillow, ♀ - L17 @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Guts
Moves: Wing Attack, Growl, Quick Attack, Focus Energy
Spr_3e_285.png

Fungo the Gentle Shroomish, ♂ - L16
Ability: Effect Spore
Moves: Mega Drain, Tackle, Stun Spore, Leech Seed
Spr_3e_074.png

Rocky the Naughty Geodude, ♀ - L12
Ability: Sturdy
Moves: Rock Throw, Defense Curl, Tackle, Mud Sport

HM Slaves:
Spr_3e_263.png

Zigzagoon - Cut

I'll investigate the statue with glowing red eyes.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
No more items to use? Eh not the end of the world if I simply level appropriately. Only time I really use them is against Sabrina when exploiting her Abra or in the Elite Four when repairing damage and reviving any fallen comrades. Guess I'll just have to be as strong or stronger than my opponents when the time comes. Anyways, I made my way to Rock Tunnel with Valkyrie disposing of some Grass Pokémon and Beedrill along the way(got Poisoned twice so had to backtrack to heal). Once arriving at entrance to Rock Tunnel, I ventured into the Dark Cave knowing what was ahead of me(who needs Flash?). After grinding through Rock Tunnel(explicitly saving my Dig for when I absolutely needed it), I emerged on the opposite side nearly beaten to exhaustion. After healing up at Lavender Town, I bypassed many of the trainers by Cutting my way through a shortcut and into the Underground path. After arriving in Celadon City, I played the slots and earned enough coins for my next partner in Vixie the Vulpix. I then acquired fresh water from Celadon Department store and used it to open up Saffron City and the means to get back to Cerulean for me to train my new partner. After spending about an hour or so grinding to 30, I was ready to challenge the Celadon Gym. I battled all the trainers, getting paralyzed and poisoned several times to my annoyance. However, I gained two levels in doing so before healing up at the Pokémon Center. I then opted to grind three more levels out of my partner because I just felt like it. Why you ask? It's because at level 35, Vulpix learns Flamethrower and that all but makes this battle a foregone conclusion. Before challenging Erika, I also obtained HM02 or Fly and taught it to Valkyrie as a precaution. I challenged Erika and thanks to Flamethrower, I steamrolled to victory.

I'll investigate the statue.

Current Team:

pikachu.gif

Sparky Level 32
Thundershock
Quick Attack
Double Team
Thunderbolt

vulpix.gif

Vixie Level 35
Quick Attack
Confuse Ray
Ember
Flamethrower

pidgey.gif

Valkyrie Level 32
Wing Attack
Sand Attack
Quick Attack
Fly

sandshrew.gif

AJ Level 32
Slash
Sand Attack
Dig
Cut

Years
The mansion is updating (for the 2nd time, because I accidentally closed the tab with the whole thing)... Check this post in few minutes.

Years
Room 666 all the way!!
on154288 is almost at the End!
So you're leaving that comfy bed behind you? Okay, enjoy your new curse! Check your character on the map for more info about the curse.

The next room is really simple. There is a box and nothing else...
WIUex8e.png

As you enter, dark flame appears behind you and blocks the only exit from the room. Looks like there is nothing else to do other that opening the box. What kind of evil things are waiting for you inside?

NOTE: I had to edit your character screen a little bit as the new curse wasn't visible. If you hover over the name of the curse, you'll see what it does.

I'll investigate the statue with glowing red eyes.
jdthebud is trapped!
You're looking the statue right to the eyes. It looks like they're glowing brighter and brighter red. You can see only red now. It feels like you're floating... Are you still in the Mansion? Are you even in the realm of living?

And then.. PUF! The red light is gone and you're standing in different room.

T11gLrM.png

Suddenly you feel the urge to teach your Pokémon how to slash their victims to pieces. Could this be the curse of this room? Check your character on the map for more info about the curse.

You can see big window on one of the walls. But there is just another room on the other side. You also noticed destroyed flowerpot and a trail leading to the wall. There is no way out of here, unless you want to jump through the window. Or you could follow the trail...

What You Are Called: Brewmaster
What You Look Like: Charmander
What You Are Doing: Pokemon Black 2
What is the Answer to Life?: 42
Room You Wish To Start In: 1
Is Brewmaster brave enough?
You enter the mansion. There is shiny Phantump floating in the room. It is not reacting to you.

As you're departing to explore the mansion, you stumble over small rock. The curse is upon you! Check your character on the map for more info about the curse.

I'll investigate the statue.
CodeHelmet is going on the ride!
You ignore the food and investigate the statue. Was this wise decision? You're looking the statue right to the red eyes. It looks like they're glowing brighter and brighter. You can see only red now. You close your eyes...

You hear TV static... When you open your eyes, the table with the meal is gone. You're lying on the ground in different room:
wJlA9Rw.png

There is TV right in front of you. Did you come out of it? You're about to leave the room, when you notice two things. First - there is a fake wall similar to the one you've already seen. Second - you have one more Pokéball on your belt. Check your character on the map for more info about the curse.

You could try to walk through the fake wall or leave through the only exit to room 5.

I hope I didn't forget on anything...

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2019
This me right now xD
There are 2 cursed I am afraid to get and the new curse is the second one. So I was prepared for both of them xD
1w6w6r.jpg

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Hmm so I have to go catch Gastly when I was planning to do so all along. Before I do, I figure I'd go get the Silph Scope so I can catch them in the first place. So that meant that Vixie, Sparky and the rest of my team spent about 20 minutes clearing Rocket Game Corner of the Kanto Scum. Then I made my way over to Pokemon Tower where I added my next team member in Revenant. It's too bad I can't evolve him into Gengar... since he could learn Strength. Guess Lapras will have to do when I eventually claim her in Silph Co. With PokeFlute in hand, I cleared out both Snorlax, got Super Rod(because I can) and then trained hard on getting Revenant up to snuff. Eventually, I got all five of my team up to level 48 and evolved a few of my team members to make them more deadly. I then proceeded to challenge Fuchsia Gym wherein my main challenger in Vixie level'd to 49 when disposing of the secondary trainers. Heal'd up at Pokemon Center and proceeded to steamroll Koga for a change. Usually his Venomoth gives me issues but a level 49 Ninetales(with 100 Speed and 100 Special for base stats), really does kick some butt against Bugs.

With Soulbadge now in my possession, I await my next curse. I'll walk through the Fake Wall by the way.

pikachu.gif

Sparky Level 48
Thunderbolt
Quick Attack
Double Team
Thunder

ninetales.gif

Vixie Level 50
Quick Attack
Confuse Ray
Flamethrower
Fire Spin

sandslash.gif

AJ Level 48
Slash
Sand Attack
Dig
Cut

pidgeot.gif

Valkyrie Level 48
Wing Attack
Sand Attack
Quick Attack
Fly

haunter.gif

Revenant Level 48
Hypnosis
Dream Eater
Confuse Ray <- replacing this with Psychic most likely
Night Shade

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Update #3 on Ruby:

• Took the boat to Slateport City.
  • Defeated Team Magma and delivered the Goods.
  • Battled my way to Mauville City, defeating May on the way.
  • Trained up a bit on the trainers around Mauville. Fungo evolved into Breloom.
  • Swept Wattson with Rocky's Magnitude, who then evolved after the battle into Graveler.
Screens:
Spoiler:

The Brave Investigators:
Spr_3e_075.png

Rocky the Naughty Graveler, ♀ - L25 @ Soft Sand
Ability: Sturdy
Moves: Magnitude, Tackle, Rock Throw, Selfdestruct
Spr_3e_286.png

Fungo the Gentle Breloom, ♂ - L23 @ Miracle Seed
Ability: Effect Spore
Moves: Mega Drain, Mach Punch, Headbutt, Leech Seed
Spr_3e_276.png

Brave the Adamant Taillow, ♀ - L19 @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Guts
Moves: Wing Attack, Growl, Quick Attack, Focus Energy

HM Slaves:
Spr_3e_263.png

Zigzagoon - Cut, Rock Smash

I'll follow the trail.

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2019

Mansion Zemanahrad - Pokemon Emerald #7

Spr_3e_289.png
Spr_3e_279.png
Spr_3e_277.png
Spr_3e_357.png
Spr_3e_264.png

(Gosh this one is long)
  • Starting to get affected of Locke Curse.
  • Grinding Time!
  • Arrived Mt.Pike and beat some Magma Grunt
  • Arrived Lilycove City
  • 5th Brendan's rematch
  • Bought all TM in the Super Market to gear up the team
  • Grinding at Mt.Pike.
  • Satori fainted by a Wobbuffet's Destiny Bond. Boxed
  • Replace Satori with Toki
  • Replace Skaria with Tororo
  • Caught an Absol at Route 120, nicknamed Alpha. Sent to PC.
  • Caught a Doduo at Safari Zone, nicknamed Dualy. Sent to PC.
  • Went to Jagged Pass and Enter Magma Hideout.
  • Grinding Time!
  • Defeat all Magma Member and their Boss Maxie.
  • Went to Slateport City and saw Team Aqua took the submarine
  • Went to team Aqua Hideout at Lilycove City
  • Defeat all of team Aqua Member here.
  • Got the Master Ball.
  • Surf to Mossdeep City.
  • Grinding Time!
  • Went to Deford Town to get Slik Scarf
  • Challenge Mossdeep Gym

Mossdeep Gym Battle - Tate & Liza

Spr_B2W2_Liza.png
Spr_B2W2_Tate.png

Spr_3e_344.png
Spr_3e_178.png
Spr_3e_337.png
Spr_3e_227.png
Spr_3e_338.png

• Dual Kenya + Slaken battle with Dual Xatu + Claydol.
  • Kenya Shockwave deal 1/2 Xatu's HP. Claydol spam Earthquake. Slaken's Slash finish Xatu.
  • Lunatone come next and used Psychic on Kenya. Kenya live with about 20 HP left.
  • Kenya used while Slaken used Hyper Beam to instant kill Lunastone.
  • Solrock used Sunny Day. Heal Slaken.
  • Kenya used Protect while Slaken used Hyper Beam to instant kill Solrock.
  • Claydol's Ancient Power almost kill Kenya (again).
  • Slaken finish the fight.

Current Team

Spr_3e_289.png

Slaken | Adamant Nature
Level 40 | Truant
Hyper Beam
Slash
Bulk Up
Slack Off

Spr_3e_277.png

Toki | Timid Nature
Level 39 | Guts
Fly
Wing Attack
Double Team
Aerial Ace

Spr_3e_279.png

Kenya | Serious Nature
Level 40 | Keen Eye
Blizzard
Protect
Shock Wave
Surf

Spr_3e_264.png

Rumu | Rash Nature
Level 25 | Pickup
Strength
Sand-Attack
Odor Sleuth
Mud Sport

Spr_3e_357.png

Tororo | Bold Nature
Level 31 | Chlorophyll
Growth
Razor Leaf
Magical Leaf
Whirlwind

I will check the box. (Nothing else to do anyway)

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2019
Somehow when I post my update, it said wait for mod to accept...
Do I have write the post again?

Last edited:
Years
Hmm so I have to go catch Gastly when I was planning to do so all along....

I'll walk through the Fake Wall by the way.

****! And I was 100 % sure that curse will screw with you. I'll have to try again...
CodeHelmet found a dark path!
You push the fake wall away and find yourself in a weird dark pathway. You decides to take a risk and go through it. After a while, you find another fake wall and run through it to the new room...
WIUex8e.png

This time, you're not alone. You can see Ampharos standing over small box. As Ampharos opens it, several ghosts and spirits flew out of it. They knock both of you to the ground and for a while, all you can see are these spirits. For a moment, you feel that your curses are lifted. But then, you feel a burden of the new ones.

When you get up, you're alone again. There is only one exit to the room 69.

NOTE: Your old curses are gone, but new set of them take their place. You'll probably have to change your team to fit the new curses.

I'll follow the trail.
jdthebud is crashing the Mansion!
You're looking on the ground and follow the trail. It ends out of nowhere right at the start of the wall. Are you suppose walk through the wall? You run against and... NOPE, that was a wrong idea. Or was it? You run against it again and... NOPE, it still hurts. Wait! The wall is collapsing and you can see another room!
8fzGjPT.png

"Hey! You'll pay for it!" You hear the voice of the Event Host in your head and your body shivers as it receives new curse.

In this new room, you can either touch the teleport, try meddling with another statue. Computer is apparently broken.

Or you could just leave to the rooms 41, 27 or 14...

I will check the box. (Nothing else to do anyway)
on154288 is a winner!?
You kneel down to the box and open it. Several ghosts and spirits flew out of it. As you look up, you would swear you've seen a Vulpix standing there with you. Ghosts knock you to the ground and for a while, all you can see are these spirits. For a moment, you feel that your curses are lifted. But then, you feel a burden of the new ones.

This time, you're not alone. You can see Ampharos standing over small box. As Ampharos opens it, several ghosts and spirits flew out of it. They knock both of you to the ground and for a while, all you can see are these spirits. For a moment, you feel that your curses are lifted. But then, you feel a burden of the new ones. The spirits then lift you and throw you against the wall. You ready yourself for the impact, but nothing happens. You flew through the wall and end up on the floor.
S8UzrXg.png

Absol is walking towards you: "Great, you're almost at the end." You hear in your head, but Absol doesn't open its mouth.

You can see 4 machines in the room. "Pick one..."

NOTE: Your old curses are gone, but new set of them take their place. You'll probably have to change your team to fit the new curses.

Last edited:
Years
CodeHelmet got 2 No-Slot Hex
Yep, that's right. No-Slot Hex is one of the curses that can stack. He was complaining that the curses really don't affect his run, so I decided to help the fate to make it harder.

and this new set really "force" me to take those in Mt. Pyre...
At least you can choose which one of the Ghost-Types to catch. I kinda forced myself to catch Abra for You?re a wizard, Harry curse in my run, because no other Pok?mon is available at that point of the game. And to think that I was the one who cursed myself...

Last edited:
Years

Mansion Extravaganza in Pok?mon Ultra Moon

LtsCenz.png

PART 1

Oh god, I already forgot how loooong and booring is this part of the game. And hard actually. Or you can make it hard at least. There were 2 points, where I had to stop and grind for a few levels.

1st place was at Trainer School, where Teacher Emily has starter strong against yours. So if you don't catch anything to counter it, it can be really hard. I started with Rowlet named Harry and had really hard time against her Litten. But Harry wasn't alone! Grubbin named Fester joined the fun... Only to die horrible way in the flames! I'm not kidding. I had to restart the encounter, because both of my Pok?mon were getting burned every single time. I even had to use items to beat her.

2nd place is 1st battle with Ilima. His Smeargle has move strong against your starter... Ember, that has 100 % chance to burn you!

I was so glad to catch something that wasn't weak to Ember - Igor, the teleporting Abra. But he couldn't attack at that point. And so I beat the 1st Trial with just Fester.

Anyway, I'll go to the room 7 for now... Spirit Shackle, give me your best shot!

Team

dartrix.gif

Harry, Impish Male Dartix
lvl 17, Overgrow
- Razor Leaf
- Growl
- Omnious Wind
- Peck

grubbin.gif

Fester, Serious Male Grubbin
lvl 16, Swarm
- Bug Bite