• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Well, here's now my fourth ever map. Well, not COMPLETELY original but.....

This is Old Bark Town, a revamp of New Bark Town... It's supposed to look like 30 years later.
    Although it may not look like it but.. I had to do over 10 block edits :S
    Oh, and don't rate me on tree shadowing.. I'm still trying to learn that stuff.

Map Rating/Review Thread

e______e beautiful...

9/10!

Years
  • Another....

Map Rating/Review Thread

Used:
    ~SSKD Project~ Rombase

Credits to:
    →Kyledove(Large tree[Slightly edited by iPro]; Flowers; Rock; Small Tree; Bush; House)
    →Saurav(Big Tree; Grass Tile[Slightly edited by iPro]; Grass Path)
    →Alistair(Mountains[Edited by iPro]; Sand Path)
    →iPro(Palettes; Assembling the Base)

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
    Years
  • Map Rating/Review Thread

Who Know witch town it is the own gets a cookie.
    Rates

New bark town? lol

Okay, here's my overall rating: 4/10
    And I'm not harsh compared to what some other people would give this map...

Problems:
    1. The path is really awkward, no living architect, would lay the
    roads (according to the buildings) that way.
    2. "- points" for the tile errors
    3. The border will get screwed up.
    4. Yo have to learn how to make different kind
    of houses, except for the window and size, all houses looks
    exactly the same T_T...
    5. Almost completely square map = I vomit... *Uaeeh....*

Try to improve this and post your new map, and hope to get a
    better rating then.

EDIT: New rating
    Another....

Map Rating/Review Thread

Used:
    ~SSKD Project~ Rombase

Credits to:
    →Kyledove(Large tree[Slightly edited by iPro]; Flowers; Rock; Small Tree; Bush; House)
    →Saurav(Big Tree; Grass Tile[Slightly edited by iPro]; Grass Path)
    →Alistair(Mountains[Edited by iPro]; Sand Path)
    →iPro(Palettes; Assembling the Base)

Overall rating: 6,5/10

Good path and house placement.

Problems:
    1. Too straight/Unnatural mountains
    2. If IRL that river would flow down the mountain like
    a waterfall instead of floating, like 40cm, from the crest...
    3. WTF?! Who the heck would build a fence right through a road? xD
    4. Why would the citizens of this town use a cave to get out of the town, when they
    can make a permanent road by cutting down like 1 tree? It make no sense.

But othervise, an accaptable map.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2016
    Pokemon underground is back??? Yes it is!

New base, new everything!
    Map: Milano Valley

Map Rating/Review Thread

Credits to kay3o for some tiles ;)

Nice map, 8/10
    Why? Well for one thing the grass placement could be a BIT better.
    The mountains are good, but could be a bit more sophisticated giving it a more natural feel.
    Tree placement is good, except some of the tress to the right of the second entrance look a bit wierd.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Okay, I outdid myself on this map. I did this for 5 hours, and over 160 block edits were done. (I know this because the tileset completely filled up after I expanded it)

Now, it's named Route 601, and will be appearing in Distant, meaning it is NOT up for grabs.

I give major credits to Alistair, because I only used HIS tiles in this map.

Well, here's route 601.

Spoiler:

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    Okay, I outdid myself on this map. I did this for 5 hours, and over 160 block edits were done. (I know this because the tileset completely filled up after I expanded it)

Now, it's named Route 601, and will be appearing in Distant, meaning it is NOT up for grabs.

Well, here's route 601.

Spoiler:

Oh meh god that would take heaps of block edits too do.
    Well i notice no tile errors so i'll give it a 10\10
    Great placement with the wide veriaty of tiles
    I would kill you after playing this map.

Popstar Leafeon

Rose's Protegé
    Years
  • ROM: Fire Red
    Name: Pinfur Town

Map Rating/Review Thread

This is the first REAL town in my game, Pokemon Lavender. Well, when you go to the Pokemon world anyhow. It's on a peninsula, and it's so small, that roads aren't exactly needed.

Last edited:
    Years
  • EDIT: New rating

Overall rating: 6,5/10

Good path and house placement.

Problems:
    1. Too straight/Unnatural mountains
    2. If IRL that river would flow down the mountain like
    a waterfall instead of floating, like 40cm, from the crest...
    3. WTF?! Who the heck would build a fence right through a road? xD
    4. Why would the citizens of this town use a cave to get out of the town, when they
    can make a permanent road by cutting down like 1 tree? It make no sense.

But othervise, an accaptable map.

I guess I forgot to add in that the road's closed. xD Yeah that lake was a bit of a mistake. I shouldn'tve put it in, but the idea of the map came from it...

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I haven't posted a map here in a long time:

Map of: Fire Red
    Map for: Tensai's Secret
    Credit: iPro, Kyledove, Saurav, Alistair
    Spoiler:

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
    Years
  • Tree Shading

Map Name: Trillium Town
    ROM: Fire Red BPRE
    Hack: Pokémon Enigma
    Credits: Nintendo - Tiles
    Punk Rockers Tree Shadow tut

Mapshot:

Spoiler:

I know I've posted this map before. It has been pointed out that my tree shading was a little off. I read Punk Rocker's tree shadow tutorial and I fixed the shading errors. I'm mainly looking for comments about how the tree shading is done. I want to know if I'm getting it right.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
  • Map Name: Trillium Town
    ROM: Fire Red BPRE
    Hack: Pokémon Enigma
    Credits: Nintendo - Tiles
    Punk Rockers Tree Shadow tut

Mapshot:

Spoiler:

I know I've posted this map before. It has been pointed out that my tree shading was a little off. I read Punk Rocker's tree shadow tutorial and I fixed the shading errors. I'm mainly looking for comments about how the tree shading is done. I want to know if I'm getting it right.
    Well, it's definitely an improvement. However, I still see some errors although all of them are places where you should have shading but you don't. For example, above the red house there's an errors on the bottom third of the tree. On the right side of the map, when you use the small trees directly underneath the big trees, there's an error in the shading of the big tree. That also occurs directly to the left of northern purple house. I'm not really in a position to make an image showing them so you'll just have to go off of my descriptions.

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
    Years
  • Well, it's definitely an improvement. However, I still see some errors although all of them are places where you should have shading but you don't. For example, above the red house there's an errors on the bottom third of the tree. On the right side of the map, when you use the small trees directly underneath the big trees, there's an error in the shading of the big tree. That also occurs directly to the left of northern purple house. I'm not really in a position to make an image showing them so you'll just have to go off of my descriptions.

I see what you're saying about those spots. I followed Punk Rockers tutorial and that's how he has it shaded. I assume that is wrong then? I appreciate your help on this subject.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
  • I see what you're saying about those spots. I followed Punk Rockers tutorial and that's how he has it shaded. I assume that is wrong then? I appreciate your help on this subject.
    Well in his tutorial I noticed that he has one half shaded but he leaves the other half un-shaded. I think that's an error as you usually have either both or neither of the halves shaded. I would reccomend looking at some of the original maps from FR/LG as they would be the most correct.

Geeked

Pokemon Crimson Version
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2012

Well, here's route 601.

Spoiler:

OMG You suck, the whole map is a big tile error!

Great Tree Placement, it looks to have major details put into it, on top of that it looks to have great playability!! Probably one of the best Routes I've seen from you.. from a 1 to 10, it's a certified 20! Since I pretty much can't do that... 10/10..

Those the new Tiles and Pallets for Distant?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back