• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MASTEROFPUPPETS93

Liebe Ist Für Alle Da
    Years
    Map Name: Route 4
    Rom: Fire Red
    Comments: Changed some parts to make it look better
    Spoiler:
    I like this map^^ it looks really natural... An amazing one ;) But one thing: Why is the forest-entrance so big? Some new tiles would make this as more impressive as yet^^ I've to give it 8/10.

~MASTEROFPUPPETS93 (my english sux XD)

(and @all: please don't forget to rate my map^^ thx)

Last edited:

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    I made a huge map... I worked a long time at it^^

Map Name: Lake Magnum
    Rombase: FireRed
    Comments: -

Spoiler:

Wow, when I looked at this map I thought "This makes my maps look like they got dragged out of the garbage"
    First rating: 9.2\10
    Comments: Well this map is beautiful!
    The lake has a great shape and isn't empty.
    The mountians also have a great shape.
    The house is an eye sore, you should've replaced it with another
    Kyledove house.
    I've also seen a couple of tree errors, so you might want to fix those.
    So
    Final Rating: 7.92\10

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years

Spoiler:
    BIIIIIGGG!!! But still great. The big trees kind of look like they're sitting on top of one another if you look at them for a sec... but that's a fault in the tiles, not the mapping. Good shape to the lake and the land both. Good amount of grass. There is one little thing though that I want to point out. Unless there are some really tall really pointy rocks in that lake, there shouldn't be any rocks showing up in the dark part of the lake. That's mostly a matter of realism, but like I said if you think there are some really super tall rocks down there it would still work. (And they would have to be really skinny, because otherwise the water around them would be a lighter color lol.)
    9/10 mostly because the tree tiles bug me.

Btw, I'm curious... do you enter the map for the first time on the right or left side? If it's part of a hack that is. I see that from either side you can walk to the cave and get to the other side by going through it.

Last edited:

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    Hre i have attached 2 of my own maps
    they are both in use on my game POKWMON: THE SPRINGVALE LEGACIES
    they will be edited to look beter
    game not yet released, demo and screenshots also not released. please rate :)
    there attached :)

Map 1...
    COMMENT: It's a good map, though some unnaturality of the map's been spotted and some tile errors as well...
    RATING: 6/10
    SUGGESTION: I guess you should give time in reading some mapping tutorials.

Map 2...
    COMMENT: It's a really nice map, but after seeing two doors out of nowhere, the 'good map' feel suddenly vanished...
    RATING: 7/10
    SUGGESTION: Erm, remove those doors?

My first map:
    Spoiler:

I call it "The Nightmare World Of Darkrai!"
    the story behind this map is an event which you feel sick and go to an evil doctor called Zinger,he says that he's got a new healing method which you just need to sleep in the bad for about a 5 minutes,and then you will be automitacly cured,sounds weird isn't it?,if you say him yes you will go to sleep in the bad and after a second you'll find yourself in the The Nightmare World Of Darkrai,there you'll face Darkrai who tries too kill you,after you beat/catch him you will wake up and Zinger will discover that you haven't died and then you will have a pokemon fight against him,if you beat him officers will come to arrest him.nice story isn't it?(too bad that I won't be able to script it -_____-)anyway darkrai should be in the middle of the stairs mountain(I couldn't find a picture that would be good for him....)hope to recieve nice comments

COMMENT: It's a nice map but you have used the tiles in a wrong matter... It's also having the 'empty' feel...
    RATING: 3/10
    SUGGESTION: Try and read some mapping tutorials...

This was a project I was doing when I first found Pokecommunity. I was making 3 caves/dungeons that contained the 3 legendary bird Pokemon for emerald. I came here to learn scripting so I could add a small team rocket-based plot to go along with it. For some reason when I started to add text scripts the text got all messed up, and I have no clue how to fix it (pm me if you think you can help btw) so I just gave up.

This is my favorite area in the whole planned hack, and one of the first areas I worked on. (I said planned because I only did like 2 areas other than this one lol.)

Spoiler:

I have a full cave to go along with it... should I post the rest? Oh and btw, the cave is called Frost Cave, and once you enter this particular map (and the one below it) it's call Frost Cave Depths. (The first 3 levels above this one don't have ice.)

Put it inside SPOILER tags next time...
    COMMENT: Well, it's a nice and simeple map for an ice cave.
    SUGGESTION: I can't think of anything to suggest...

Map Name: Route 201
    ROM Base: Fire Red BPRE
    Hack: Pokémon Enigma
    Credits: Xiros, Kyledove, rhevarhe_duh, Wesley FG
    Comments: I changed some things that colcolstyles pointed out. I also
    added some new stair tiles, provided by Wesley FG of course. There is no wild grass above the waterfall because you don't have you're first pokémon yet. You can't go down the stairs until after some events are finished. The path leading into the tree is an entrance to a forest.

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

COMMENT: It's already a perfect map for my tastes. :)
    RATING: 10/10
    SUGGESTION: Nothing, I guess...?

Spoiler:

COMMENT: Omg, that's one good, and huge map! o.O Anyways, I like the complexity and the dedication you have put in the map.
    RATING: 10/10
    SUGGESTION: Nothing...

Map Name: Route 4
    Rom: Fire Red
    Comments: Changed some parts to make it look better
    Spoiler:

COMMENT: It's still a nice map.
    RATING: 9/10

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    Put it inside SPOILER tags next time...
    COMMENT: Well, it's a nice and simeple map for an ice cave.
    SUGGESTION: I can't think of anything to suggest...
    I didn't really think it was big enough to require spoiler tags... but I guess I'll just do it for all of them from now on.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years

Spoiler:

It's really good.
    9/10
    There is something that bugs me about it.
    But still it makes my maps look stupid so no suggestion.

Map Name: Route 201
    Comments: I changed some things that colcolstyles pointed out. I also
    added some new stair tiles, provided by Wesley FG of course. There is no wild grass above the waterfall because you don't have you're first pokémon yet. You can't go down the stairs until after some events are finished. The path leading into the tree is an entrance to a forest.

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Perfect 10/10
    Don't you dare change a thing.

Now here is my map:

Pallet Town from the restart of Shining Yellow
    Spoiler:

kingfisher309

I lurrve zubat =D
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2010
    Springvale map

The starting map of my poke hack

your house is the blue one near the beach in the center, south of lances research lab (buildings with orange roof).

grassy area not accessable until pokemon is attained.

please rate, has around 3000 tiles :O

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years

your house is the blue one near the beach in the center, south of lances research lab (buildings with orange roof).

Overall a pretty nice town. A couple of unrealistic areas I've noticed though. In the top middle area that gray rock looks pretty out of place, even though I assume it's important for some sort of event, I think it should blend in just a little bit more... and the bikes just sitting in random spots spread out across the grass doesn't make very much sense. Normally they would be grouped together sitting next to a wall or something.

Good work on the little rocks and flowers in the grass and stuff, it all looks really nice.

8.5/10.

notbob

ZE ULTIMATE POWA
    Years

I would say 9/10. That rock is totally ugly.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Map Rating/Review Thread
    Just another map that I made.
    Ignore the border block problems please.

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
    Years
    Now here is my map:

Spoiler:

Everything seems much, MUCH, too cramped. The buildings are spaced very close together. Also, I don't really like how you used the route booth thing as a lab. Something about it just doesn't seem right. The path is too uniform and straight for my taste.

6/10

I suggest you spread the buildings out. Even just moving them all a tile apart will create a huge difference. You'll notice it too. The path should differentiate a little here and there. It will look more natural.

And a new map from me!

Map Name: Fortame City
    Credits: Xiros, Kyledove,
    rhevarhe_duh, Wesley FG
    Comments: I realize that there is a bush in front of the gym sign. I have it fixed.

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

notbob

ZE ULTIMATE POWA
    Years
    Good.

Everything seems much, MUCH, too cramped. The buildings are spaced very close together. Also, I don't really like how you used the route booth thing as a lab. Something about it just doesn't seem right. The path is too uniform and straight for my taste.

6/10

I suggest you spread the buildings out. Even just moving them all a tile apart will create a huge difference. You'll notice it too. The path should differentiate a little here and there. It will look more natural.

And a new map from me!

Comments: None.

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:
    9/10 It's good, but the flowers feel... out of place.

~Poke~

Hasn't played 5th gen yet.
    Years
    I know I stuffed up on the flowers. I suck at flowers. Suggestions?

Hometown for my hack.
    Ruby. And remember: It's not Tile/Palette rating. Rate the tree if you want, but don't let it drag the map score down.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    Now here is my map:

Spoiler:

COMMENT: It's nice but the map looks too small. It's too tight...
    SUGGESTION: Loosen it up a bit...

COMMENT: It's nice...
    RATING: 8/10
    SUGGESTION: Dunno...

Map Rating/Review Thread
    Just another map that I made.
    Ignore the border block problems please.

COMMENT: It's a cute little map.

And a new map from me!

Credits: Xiros, Kyledove,
    rhevarhe_duh, Wesley FG
    Comments: I realize that there is a bush in front of the gym sign. I have it fixed.

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

COMMENT: It's a nice map.

I know I stuffed up on the flowers. I suck at flowers. Suggestions?

Hometown for my hack.
    Ruby. And remember: It's not Tile/Palette rating. Rate the tree if you want, but don't let it drag the map score down.

COMMENT: Er... o.O I'll try to ignore the tree...
    RATING: 6/10
    SUGGESTION: The tree tiles don't look too realistic. The houses need windows.

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
    This was a project I was doing when I first found Pokecommunity. I was making 3 caves/dungeons that contained the 3 legendary bird Pokemon for emerald. I came here to learn scripting so I could add a small team rocket-based plot to go along with it. For some reason when I started to add text scripts the text got all messed up, and I have no clue how to fix it (pm me if you think you can help btw) so I just gave up.

This is my favorite area in the whole planned hack, and one of the first areas I worked on. (I said planned because I only did like 2 areas other than this one lol.)

Map Rating/Review Thread

I have a full cave to go along with it... should I post the rest? Oh and btw, the cave is called Frost Cave, and once you enter this particular map (and the one below it) it's call Frost Cave Depths. (The first 3 levels above this one don't have ice.)

I like this map a lot. It's very much in Nintendo's style - I mean, in that it's both high-quality and functional. The rocks are well spaced, especially on the bottom where they serve as a barrier. It's compact, but not boring. There's only one area where the player has to walk around and it looks visually interesting. So, 10/10.

One thing that bugs me is the ladder at the bottom of the pit. Logically, since it's the bottom of the pit, the ladder shouldn't lead up but down. I do like the circular pit idea, though.

The palette is very...blue. It gives the impression that you're looking at the cave through a tinted lens. I would make it a lot greyer.

The ice puzzle - maybe it's just me, but I can't see a way for the player to get out once they've reached the rectangle of ground with the ladder.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    I like this map a lot. It's very much in Nintendo's style - I mean, in that it's both high-quality and functional. The rocks are well spaced, especially on the bottom where they serve as a barrier. It's compact, but not boring. There's only one area where the player has to walk around and it looks visually interesting. So, 10/10.

One thing that bugs me is the ladder at the bottom of the pit. Logically, since it's the bottom of the pit, the ladder shouldn't lead up but down. I do like the circular pit idea, though.

The palette is very...blue. It gives the impression that you're looking at the cave through a tinted lens. I would make it a lot greyer.

The ice puzzle - maybe it's just me, but I can't see a way for the player to get out once they've reached the rectangle of ground with the ladder.
    Well it's an ice cave... I'm just using the standard emerald tiles there. About the ladder at the bottom of the pit... there is no other tile like a door or hole or anything... just ladders going up, so I didn't have a choice. I've never done any sprite or tile editing before.

And the ice puzzle works fine. Here's a pic showing how it works. You actually start out in the ice puzzle from that ladder. To get out of the ice puzzle you follow the green line, and when you go back in you follow the red one.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    I think that's a down-ladder, as it's different to the other one.

Emerald tiles are sometimes pretty strange.
    The one in the ice puzzle is going up. The other is going down. Not sure if that's what you were saying.

Last edited:

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    PKMN Ruby Destiny - Rescue Rangers

MAP NAME: Sinister Woods First Floor
    MAP GAME: Pokémon Ruby U.S. Version
    COMMENT: Don't send me comments about this map or anything related to remaking Rescue Rangers... I was bored one time while hacking Life of Guardians, so I made this map for Rescue Rangers... Nothing special, I suppose...
    MAP SHOT:
    Spoiler:

Edit:
    Woot!
    First post in page 137! :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back