• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    https://img257.imageshack.us/img257/305/newbark.png

This is a New Bark town remake. I tried to make it as exact to the GS one as possible, which is why there's that city pathway. I might edit it later to make it like HG/SS, with grass instead of path.

No, I'm not making a GS remake, there's absolutely no point (before there was a little bit) now that there's HeartGold and SoulSilver. This is just part of a new ROM hack.

Rating: 10\10
    Why: It's a perfect remake. Nothing bad about it.
    Ideas: Nothing

Sweet Jasmine

s m i l e :)
    Years
  • Originally Posted by Ninja Caterpie Map Rating/Review Thread

This is a New Bark town remake. I tried to make it as exact to the GS one as possible, which is why there's that city pathway. I might edit it later to make it like HG/SS, with grass instead of path.

No, I'm not making a GS remake, there's absolutely no point (before there was a little bit) now that there's HeartGold and SoulSilver. This is just part of a new ROM hack.

Rating: 9/10
    Reason: Because it looks nice~ ahehe i just really dont like the style lol xD thats why 9!
    BUT IT'S THE BEST ^_~

Originally Posted by ~Satoshi Sugimori~ Map Rating/Review Thread
    Name: ???
    Made on: Congbu
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Rating: 9.5/10
    Reason: Really cool! Looks like Japanese Nice Tiles Nice Palettes Nice Mapping!
    Except for some Error that's why i didn't give you a perfect score xD ^_^ but still great!

Post More you guys!

iTeruri

iAm
    Years
  • Seeing as I only got one comment and I really want to improve my mapping...

Map Name: Debu Town
    Map Game: Fire red [BPRE]
    Comments: I edited the map a bit: less flowers, more mountain and paths.

Spoiler:

CollinP

My Avi Evolved
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2009
    Name:???? Village
    Info:I redo everything..i mean i did not edit the map i post the last time..this is what i made from scratch..it took me 45 mins to do this...
    Rate it guys...
    Spoiler:
    Alot Better! I Like It (except the fences- they sorta throw me off)- also there are a couple places you can get off the map (but thinking if it were in a game, you would just run into the border trees)
    8/10

i like it except it is kinda blandish for my tastes- also, the path doesn't really work with me- maybe try the other path? (the one that looks like White and Grey bricks)
    i give it....... well........ 7.5

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024

:\
    Everyone can copy this map from Zel.
    5,41/10
    the tiles are boring,but i pretend i never see them cause its a remake.

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
    Years
  • @Hazzamon~I spot many tile Errors in this...I Don't mean just a few...I mean MANY...
    Rating~4/10...
    It Has Way too many Errors...And How do you get to the Side with the Lake...It Just Seems Pointless...:\

Haz

Haz ya seen my hack?
    Years
  • I counldn't see any tile errors except for one. Also, I posted the wrong map, that was the old one.
    Also, I know about the dark green spot above the trees, it's part of the rom base, it can't be helped.

EDIT: Posted wrong map again. Posted new one.
    EDITb 2: Photobucket keeps wrecking map. Placed it in an attachment instead.

Last edited:

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • I counldn't see any tile errors except for one. Also, I posted the wrong map, that was the old one. Here is the new one:
    Spoiler:

I know about the dark green spot above the trees, it's part of the rom base, it can't be helped.
    EDIT: Posted wrrong map again. Posted new one.
    I see more tile errors at the bottom left in the mountain and trees.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • :\
    Everyone can copy this map from Zel.
    5,41/10
    the tiles are boring,but i pretend i never see them cause its a remake.

So, uh, right. I get a 5.4 for a near-perfect remake because the tiles are "boring" and Zel's done it before. >_> Hell nice, huh. Originality is not an issue, nor is the tileset. I'm not whinging (actually, maybe I am...) but, seriously. A 5.4 because it's been done before. :|

Haz

Haz ya seen my hack?
    Years
  • https://img257.imageshack.us/img257/305/newbark.png

I like it. It reminds me of a little old villiage in the middle of nowhere. I recommend fixing the pathe so it's not so wide. So overall a 8.5/10.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    So, uh, right. I get a 5.4 for a near-perfect remake because the tiles are "boring" and Zel's done it before. >_> Hell nice, huh. Originality is not an issue, nor is the tileset. I'm not whinging (actually, maybe I am...) but, seriously. A 5.4 because it's been done before. :|

Do you request a higher rating?I dont rate the map by its mistakes,i rate it by the sight mistakes.
    And i decided i dont like these pallets to New Bark town. @_@

Anyway,here is a map i made for fun.Trebuh may like it enough to put it in his hack.

Spoiler:

i'll post a version with trees soon.I dont know if it looks better with trees,but i think its original to see a place without many trees/mountain/water.So,i thought to create that place.

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
    Years
  • Do you request a higher rating?I dont rate the map by its mistakes,i rate it by the sight mistakes.

Anyway,here is a map i made for fun.Trebuh may like it enough to put it in his hack.

Spoiler:

i'll post a version with trees soon.I dont know if it looks better with trees,but i think its original to see a place without many trees/mountain/water.So,i thought to create that place.
    i really love the tiles...
    i don noe why but this map simply make me like it...
    i love the placing of the houses..
    i rate this 9.9/10
    the 0.1 you can add a bit more trees or mountains...

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Do you request a higher rating?I dont rate the map by its mistakes,i rate it by the sight mistakes.

Spoiler:

Not a palette rating thread - MAP rating thread.

But I'll stop complaining.

Your map is pretty good...But, uh, I think the trees would be better. It's too empty right now.

Other than that, it's pretty nice. Not much more to say, really, apart from add trees! 7/10

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    Do you request a higher rating?I dont rate the map by its mistakes,i rate it by the sight mistakes.

Spoiler:

God damn it I hope he doesn't.
    That map is terrible.
    The shape of the paths is bad, not helping the fact that there is like 3 trees and a pond in the map.
    So on a compaison ating to the one you gave NC, I'll give it.
    -.5\20

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • That's kinda harsh, Surf. We all know it's not his fault he can't read that you don't rate palettes in the MAP rating thread.

The paths aren't THAT bad...but the fact that there are no trees is a big nono.

Taz Maverick

Inactive
    Years
  • God damn it I hope he doesn't.
    That map is terrible.
    The shape of the paths is bad, not helping the fact that there is like 3 trees and a pond in the map.
    So on a compaison ating to the one you gave NC, I'll give it.
    -.5\20

You're just jealous.You couldn't possibly do a better map,so you're destroying the actual great map.The paths are great,and its the only excuse you found to rate this map that way.

so,Ray,your map is very good.
    I hope you are completely ignorant about surf's rate,he just dont know how to do it..
    I'd give the map an 8,7/10

it is a very original idea to make a map without trees.

That's kinda harsh, Surf. We all know it's not his fault he can't read that you don't rate palettes in the MAP rating thread.

The paths aren't THAT bad...but the fact that there are no trees is a big nono.

Come on now.If i'd give you a map with blue mountains,you'd say "i see no mapping mistakes or sight mistakes?(or the opposite)"

What i am trying to say is,if you check back the thread,even DJG rate maps according to their pallets.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back