• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
@masterofpuppets93:
Love the map! The colours (pallets, whatev) look great, not too much or too little of anything, nothing bad that I can see.
9/10
Why? That ledge bugs me. It's the only one in the route, and it doesn't appear to add anything (I'm sure I'm just being stupid though).
In this case I believe he was using it to break up that clump of grass a little bit, rather than having a practical use for the player.

The first route in my hack :] i'm really proud of it^^ it's one of my favorite maps by me^^ Plz rate!

Map Name: Route 1
Map Game: FireRed(GER)
Credits:
-Xiros
-Alistair
-Zel!x

Mapshot:
Spoiler:

Looking really nice. No reason to give anything under a 10 imo. You should totally let me use that palette btw, I really like it lol. :P

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Wow ~Teh Panda~ You put a hell of a lot of work into your map !
I Rate it 9/10 Only because it's a small bit dull and repetetive
But seriously it's amazing! It's easy to see yo've had practice!

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
I decided to make another cave. Since I like puzzles, I decided to do one in this map too. This time it's a strength puzzle, and I tried to make it as hard as possible in that (very) limited space.

You come in on the right side from the big ladder, and are trying to push a boulder into each one of the holes.

I'd like to see if anyone can figure it out :P. I suppose it's not THAT hard, but it's not exactly easy lol. Especially when you're not actually playing, and don't get to see the boulders move.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
I decided to make another cave. Since I like puzzles, I decided to do one in this map too. This time it's a strength puzzle, and I tried to make it as hard as possible in that (very) limited space.

You come in on the right side from the big ladder, and are trying to push a boulder into each one of the holes.

I'd like to see if anyone can figure it out :P. I suppose it's not THAT hard, but it's not exactly easy lol. Especially when you're not actually playing, and don't get to see the boulders move.

I solved the puzzle,but it was no fun(-to me).It'd be more fun if there was new tiles.
rating: 6,2/10
comments: ____

I made a map for my friend trebuh.Actually,i made it for his hack:
Dark Chaos: The Nemesis of Giratina
We have vacancies for this amazing hack,PM trebuh to join.Hurry,you've got no time. ;)

I made this in 2 hours.Thats cause i didnt know where exactly the tiles were in the tileset,and i lost time to search them.Now,i learned where are they(phew).I tried to copy Trebuhs style,putting the all the kinds of trees together,but obviously i failed.
Spoiler:

Credits= sauravs-kyledoves tiles and Ageangel,too complicated to explain why.

hope you like it.

Last edited:

Surf

Years
  • Age 29
  • Rust
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011
I solved the puzzle,but it was no fun(-to me).It'd be more fun if there was new tiles.

We have vacancies for this amazing hack,PM trebuh to join.Hurry,you've got no time. ;)

I made this in 2 hours.Thats cause i didnt know where exactly the tiles were in the tileset,and i lost time to search them.Now,i learned where are they(phew).I tried to copy Trebuhs style,putting the all the kinds of trees together,but obviously i failed.
Spoiler:

Credits= sauravs-kyledoves tiles Zel's path(Trebuh will remove it ASAP) and Ageangel,too complicated to explain why.

hope you like it.

First look, I'd say about an 8.
But then I really look at it.
The narrow, one tile wide paths cut down possible NPC placement (Which is a pain when I try and script)
Try widening it a bit.
6\10

pokerus34

Labyrinthine Rhapsody
Years

Spoiler:

Map Rating: 8/10

Reason: Well, it has almost a good overall, so i gave it an 8 out of 10. Trees and Rocks/Hills/Mountains are very detailed, which is good... But I cant expect much of the grass (The clear path, not the bushes) and water. Still, you can see to the map that it can be walked on easily because you can see the details very clearly. Bridge is good, and I like the simple variation of trees in the map. To summarize it all, Good job.

Suggestions: Well, as I've said (though I'm not a judge or something), improve the grass and add some more details to the water. And, ooh... Here's a personal suggestion - I can see that the map has no life... Add some light colors on some parts...
But if it is really meant to be this way, i understand.

Good job! I'm expecting to see more. :)

P.S. = Peace. And it has a good Title, too! Is Giratina gonna appear there?

MASTEROFPUPPETS93

Liebe Ist Für Alle Da
Years

Spoiler:

Credits= sauravs-kyledoves tiles Zel's path(Trebuh will remove it ASAP) and Ageangel,too complicated to explain why.

hope you like it.

WTF!? Ray you're a really great mapper^^ I think it's almost perfect, too! but at the mountains and one place with the little trees there're some tile-errors here i show you what i mean:
Spoiler:

I'll give your map 9/10 ;)

Taz Maverick

Inactive
Years

Spoiler:

hope you like it.

:O

This mapz rox,ray!!!
rating: 10/10
comments: the paths may be narrow,but they're very cool the way they are.I don't think that 6 is right here,at least 7. :\

You're too harsh.

Surf

Years
  • Age 29
  • Rust
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011
:O

This mapz rox,ray!!!
rating: 10/10
comments: the paths may be narrow,but they're very cool the way they are.I don't think that 6 is right here,at least 7. :\

You're too harsh.

Build a bridge and get over it.
I rate how I want.
I only judge based in the map.
It's my personal choice.
I didn't even mark him down for the tile errors.
It would've been a 5 if I had've.
But I don't really care about tile errors.

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
@Ray

Comment...Wow Ray...Thats a really detailed map...Its Close to Perfect...
Rating...9/10
Suggestions...Aside from the Tile Errors...The Path is too narrow..Alot of the time you'd find yourself with only one space to walk...

~Trebuh~

Jiggles, The legendary fairy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday

Spoiler:

hope you like it.

lol, i already removed the yellow path made by zel,as u can see i replaced it with welseyfg's yellow path and edited a bit using my pallet.lol
Btw the map is Awsome! though i spotted some errors,still it is awsome!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
I Was Skipped (i think)-----------------------

Much better!You're learning fast.However,there are some again.See the bushes?they're making a walkway the way they're placed,but thats not natural.Good work,you replaced the ground "walls" with trees.
And whats with the house over the top of that (cliff?)?

rating: 6,79/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back