• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
    Name:Torsei Side
    Tiles:Wesley Fg & Kyledove & My own tiles
    Rombase:Allen
    Info:My improved map
    Rate it guys
    Spoiler:
    This is a very nice map. I like the usage of tiles and the placement of tress. However I see a block editing error. Also, will this be connected to some routes because if it isn't you will encounter a large number of border errors.

But anyways, overall it's a very good map and very playable.

Improvements - block edit to fix some errors.

Rating - 8.8/10

Makorin

Ex-ROM Hacker
    Years
    Map Name: Koujou City
    Map Game: BPRE Fire Red (U)
    Comments: This is the 3rd Town/City in my hack, Magma Version
    You have just gotten out of a cave before you come from the North!
    The building next to the PC is the Pokemon Fan Club
    Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
    Map Name: Koujou City
    Map Game: BPRE Fire Red (U)
    Comments: This is the 3rd Town/City in my hack, Magma Version
    You have just gotten out of a cave before you come from the North!
    The building next to the PC is the Pokemon Fan Club
    Mapshot:
    Spoiler:
    pretty good 8/10 the routes are all over the place and some tile errors and the fan club has no distinct difference from one of the other bildings

Kyouya

"baddest of the bad"
    Years
    Map Name: golug town

Map Game: emerald

Comments: i got the patch for firered then i made a pathc of that for emerald

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Years

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:
    Rateing: 3/10
    Comments:
    WEll when i first saw this map i said these horible pallets look disgusting but then i looked to the rest of the map and said the mapping makes this map look 2xworse than it already is. For starters that bush on the left is usless and unessicary.. Fill the map up more with tress and not as much rocks... And flowers dont grow liek that in random places they grow in bunches. The pathway is way to square. SO overall read some tuts and practice more and youl eventually get better but remember to try and be more natural

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Could use a bit of work... so long as the characters have nice pallets I am sure this pallet would be fine.
    And it could use a bit of de-squaring... 4/7

Name:Torsei Side
    Tiles:Wesley Fg & Kyledove & My own tiles
    Rombase:Allen
    Info:My improved map
    Rate it guys
    Spoiler:

This map is amazing!
    The only flaw I see is the uniform locations of the rocks in the water.
    I love the water's shape, as well as teh organization of your paths.
    Keep it up!
    8.5/10

Last edited:

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
    Years
    Map Name: Route 003
    Map Game: Fire Red
    Comments: I opened an old ROM in Advance Map and started doing stuff. And that person/pokemon/tree is the place you learn cut, or something.
    Map Shot:
    Spoiler:

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
    Map Name: Route 003
    Comments: I opened an old ROM in Advance Map and started doing stuff. And that person/pokemon/tree is the place you learn cut, or something.
    Map Shot:
    Spoiler:

Looks great... and can you say GRASS?
    I love your mapping style, and I gotta say, 9.5/10
    Tryto localize your flowers, flowers tend to grow in bunches.
    PS
    My sig still > your sig
    lol

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
    Years
    Map Name: Not Available
    Comments: I guess this would be the last town or something, since the League is located here. This should probably be two maps, but I imagined that the screen would pan across to the town from that dirt patch on the top of the mountain, and that would need to be map, I think.
    Map Shot: (MASSIVE IMAGE)
    Spoiler:

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
    Comments: I guess this would be the last town or something, since the League is located here. This should probably be two maps, but I imagined that the screen would pan across to the town from that dirt patch on the top of the mountain, and that would need to be map, I think.
    Spoiler:

Awesome map, I love te tree and house placement. 9.4/10

Kyouya

"baddest of the bad"
    Years
    Map Name: Route 135
    Rombase:the blob of blob's d/p base
    Comments:Well i decided to make a map to test out tiles came out good to me
    Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
    Spoiler:

I would have expected better out of you.
    The pallets may be pretty but you have to fix the shape of the cliffs.
    WAAAY too straight.
    The paths in the town are good, but again, the flowers, bunch them up in groups of 3's or 4's...
    7/10

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
    Years
    I'm digging out some old maps to post here. I think some of them I already posted before, but some might be new to you guys.

Map Name: Route
    Base ROM: Fire Red BPRE
    Hack: It was Pokémon Shian by Goodies/Alice.
    Comments: I'm aware of the border error near the top right of the map. Also the border error near the bottom center.

Map:
    Spoiler:

Map Name: Route 134 and Route 134 Underwater
    Base ROM: Ruby AXVE
    Hack: None.
    Comments: This one isn't too old, but I'm posting it again to see some more rates on it. Also, there's obviously border errors that I haven't addressed because this isn't in a hack.

Maps:
    Spoiler:

Map Name: Snowy City
    Base Rom: Fire Red BPRE
    Comments: I don't really like this one that much. I'm kind of disappointed with the layout of the city. No border errors on this one. ^_^

Map:
    Spoiler:

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
    Years
    I'm digging out some old maps to post here. I think some of them I already posted before, but some might be new to you guys.

Comments: I'm aware of the border error near the top right of the map. Also the border error near the bottom center.

Map:
    Spoiler:

I like how you organise the map.I like the pallete use{even though this is not a pallete rating}i like how you mix the big trees and with the small trees..
    I give this 10/10

Map Name: Route 134 and Route 134 Underwater
    Base ROM: Ruby AXVE
    Comments: This one isn't too old, but I'm posting it again to see some more rates on it. Also, there's obviously border errors that I haven't addressed because this isn't in a hack.

Maps:
    Spoiler:

Firstly,this is a cool map.Both the map..but there is the tile error at the first one which is not the underwater one.It is at the bottom right hand corner
    for the underwater,i like them.Its quite cool
    for the first:9/10
    underwater:9.5/10

Map Name: Snowy City
    Base Rom: Fire Red BPRE
    Comments: I don't really like this one that much. I'm kind of disappointed with the layout of the city. No border errors on this one. ^_^

Map:
    Spoiler:
    Nothing to say about this map.Its flawless..{i think}
    Snow City:10/10

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023

Map:
    Spoiler:

Sorry, but I can only rate 1 map. I will rate the first one, since it is the easiest to talk about(rating maps at 5:00 in the morning isn't exactly perfect timing for rating maps.)

Alrighty, here we go.
    I'll get this out of my system. The diagonal mountain tiles are wrong. Hopefully you can see it because it just immediately jumps from mountain tile to grass, not a single transition. I will affect the rating because of it, but that is the only tile in this map I will put on the rating.
    The mountains look neat, but I think you just put in a few too many rocks, and too close to each other. The grass is okay I guess, but you can actually go through the whole area by entering only one encounter(unless you put the encounter rate relatively high.) It is also devoid of any creativity, since nothing grows in between the tall grass, except for more tall grass.
    I'm not a fan of the flowers in patches(I place them randomly and get no points added or subtracted from the score.) The trees are really linear, but get "overgrown" later. I know that means that civilization is clearly to the left, but I just don't like when one part of a map is completely opposite of how another map is supposed to be. Despite all of these, I think this is a great map that you have made, and it's pretty high quality, although I should expect that from you. I would give it a 7.5/10.

Edit: I'll rate the other maps when I can get the time(and if you want), but probably not here.

Samike360

Lover of May
    Years
    Name:Smallwood Village
    Credits:Wesley Fg & Kyledove Tiles & Allen help
    Info:Since this is not rated,here it is...it is the first village for my hack
    Spoiler:

8/10. I like this map, the paths are pretty good but you could try to connect them a little more. Also, at the bottom left of the houses (next to the door) there is a tile error, you need to pout the left side of the black outline like on the other side of the houses.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back