• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Rating: 3/10
    Reason: The blue pallete doesn't look at all good. The mountain tiles are not well placed (I mean in the proper manner). The path doesn't look good. There is a dark pallete under the small trees. And the map is too empty.
    Suggestions: Change the pallete. Try not to keep the places empty. Try to add more greenery and try to make it better ;)

Thanks for your suggtesions and in the future ill place my mountins better. And no more blue pallete:)

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2009
    Map Name: Pallet Town
    Game: Pokemon Fire Red
    Description: The new version of Pallet Town for my hack. The cave is an optional area available after beating the elite four, and I found flowers boring so I included a lake instead. This is my first map that's completely serious.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Map Name: Pallet Town
    Game: Pokemon Fire Red
    Description: The new version of Pallet Town for my hack. The cave is an optional area available after beating the elite four, and I found flowers boring so I included a lake instead. This is my first map that's completely serious.

Spoiler:
    1/10
    Reason: There needs to me more vegitation, the mailbox is facing directly at the water, making it impossible to view from the front until surf, which is completely unrealistic. Also, the house at the bottom has a tile error, the lab just looks messed up, and also the corners on the water at the bottom are wrong. One last thing is the lab has a tile error on the roof.

Sorry if I sound harsh
    Map Name: No Name, yet...

Map Game: FireRed

Comments: My First Map ever, enjoy!

Mapshot:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

That is very good for your first map, so wow, nice start.
    8/10
    Reason: It is not square, which is good, kinda empty in places, and overall a pretty good map.

Spoiler:
    New map I made ^^ please rate <3 thanks!
    Rating- 7/10
    Reason- The cliffs going into the lava look beyond awkward to me, also you can maybe add a couple trees at the bottom and the left side. Also, you can probably patch the grass some more.

Geeked

Pokemon Crimson Version
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2012
    6/10 very un original, That looks exactly like The Starter town for Flame of Rage, just a shorter version, and the connection moved -_-

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Spoiler:
    New map I made ^^ please rate <3 thanks!
    I'm in love with this map! :D
    I love the way you made the lava river. :)
    A hard, and HOT map to go through. ;)
    9.7/10

Comments: An edit of my first map ever, enjoy!

Mapshot:

Map Rating/Review Thread
    Hmm...
    This looks much better from the first time you posted your map. :)
    I don't know what X-Ray is saying, this looks nothing like Flame of Rage. :)
    The lab looks the same, but anyone could have made it! ;)
    Nice for your first try...:)
    8/10

Geeked

Pokemon Crimson Version
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2012
    Uhh.. Let's not turn this into a rant, and Yes, it does look like FoR's starter town, and you are very Imature Shiny Mudkip to put "I hate Xray" in your signature.. -_-

To keep this post on topic, @Austinia, I love this map! 9/10

Ghost

[b][color=orange]ツ[/color][color=teal][i]In the Ma
    Years
  • 6/10 very un original, That looks exactly like The Starter town for Flame of Rage, just a shorter version, and the connection moved -_-

-_-Just because the house placements are almost the same?I uploaded them both!They both are differnt!-------------------Shiny Mudkip : I rate the map a 9!

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023

Comments: An edit of my first map ever, enjoy!

Mapshot:

Map Rating/Review Thread

It looks pretty good for a beginning town, but it is an obvious change of firered.
    Its pretty simple, like it should be, but the beach is too short and the rocks look too bunched up.the doorless houses are very disturbing to me, there should be more vegitation, and try to make it look more original.
    rating:7/10
    but please, don't leave PC for that reason.
    its really pitiful in my opinion.
    its called constructive criticism, and it is NOT abuse.
    Xray should have had more detail in his explanation, but you shouldn't leave because your map got a bad rating. There are much more people with much worse ratings who still stay on here, and you leaving because of Criticism is just not a smart move.

to improve your maps, look at neti's tutorial and some of colcostyles maps.
    i'm pretty sure you will have great maps by then.

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    Your maps are great.
    That is one of the best starting towns i have seen.
    The vegetation is great, and the placement of the houses are good.
    9/10
    reason: It can get cramped at times but still a very good map.

The route is pretty good. Lots of grass and you have to go through it to get through the map, which is great and essential. The trees are placed nice and there are just enough of them.
    9/10
    reason: There are a lot of rocks that i just dont think need to be there.

Anyways heres a map of mine. First route.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Your maps are great.
    That is one of the best starting towns i have seen.
    The vegetation is great, and the placement of the houses are good.
    9/10
    reason: It can get cramped at times but still a very good map.

The route is pretty good. Lots of grass and you have to go through it to get through the map, which is great and essential. The trees are placed nice and there are just enough of them.
    9/10
    reason: There are a lot of rocks that i just dont think need to be there.

Anyways heres a map of mine. First route.
    Spoiler:

Thanks for the comment.

I give your map a 6.5/10.
    Reason: All of the small trees connecting to eachother have tile errors, which on your part either is laziness, or you don't know how to fix it. If you don't know how to fix it, you should replace them with larger trees or bushes. The rock at the bottom also has a tile error, and the fact that you will barely be able to see it, is is pretty worthless. If you can fix all of those, your map will receive an eight.

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    Alright Ill see what i can do.
    Im not sure how to fix the small trees so if you can fill me in on how to do that, that would be a lot of help. The rock is more of a space filler, but i guess ill just throw some trees there instead.

But I have been told about the tile error there before but im not sure how to fix it. So if you can tell me how to do that as well, I well be very grateful.

And are those maps possibly for a hack?
    Or just for kicks?

maoh4567

that's what she said...
    Years
  • im here again.. do u remember this map?

Map Rating/Review Thread

i made slight changes so here it is now..

Name: Spring Village
    Map Rating/Review Thread
    tell me if it become better or uglier.. again i will accept any comment or suggestions and pls rate this one.
    2nd map
    Name:Route 1
    Comments:left of Spring Village
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    The first one is alright.
    I believe its better than the original.

The second map is pretty good just put some grass to the right.

Spoiler:

please rate :)

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Like last time, the small trees that are connected have a tile error. Apart from that this map is good. Good paths that aren't not needed and no empty space. Also its not too cramped.

7/10!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back