• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    OMG an admin posting a map for comments? What? So unheard of!

Ooh, finally an opportunity to criticise an admin

The mountain and tree placement is... Too square, try and make them more natural, spread out and so on. Same with the bushes. The water rock layout is good, but the beach at the top is too straight as well. It also seems to be lacking something... Probably needs more trees. Ooh, and also, the beach is a little too cramped to me, due to the amount of people, but that isn't really too bad, as it is something that happens, and also fits.

I think I am too generous mark wise... 7/10.

And now my map:

Name: Doesn't have one
    ROM: Ruby
    Credits: Nintendo
    Picture:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    OMG an admin posting a map for comments? What? So unheard of!

Map Rating/Review Thread

COMMENT: I can't seem to follow the link, but anyways, as far as I can see, the mountain style is a bit boring. The tree placement, specifically, above those mountain, is boring as well... The bushes are okay, I guess... The beach is nice. It's busy, yet it's nice. Not sure about a rock on a sandy island though...
    RATING: 4/10
    SUGGESTION: I know you can make this map more beautiful, though...

Spoiler:

The NEW New Bark Town version 2. Credits to Michael1 for the rombase. Rate it please.

COMMENT: Remember to wrap your map with SPOILER tags. Anyways, I don't like the trees much... I dunno. They're a bit chaotic to look at. Plus, the border pallete of the top of the trees got mixed with the lower parts of the tree's pallete... Those long bushes' top outline is a bit annoying to look at, though... I also don't understand the shadow of the PLAYER's big house, 'cause if you look at the small house below the lab, you can see it has a shadow on it's right side, while the PLAYER's house has a tiny bit of shadow. Also, the tree's sides seem to be "cut" on the water parts of the map. But anyways, it's a wonderful map.
    RATING: 7/10
    SUGGESTION: Fix the trees.

Map Name: Pokemart

Map Game:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Comments: This is for my hack. It was modeled off of the Pokemart in G/S/C. I like it.

Mapshot:

Map Rating/Review Thread

COMMENT: It's a nice map for a MART. Everything seems to be in place.
    RATING: 10/10(for an indoor map)...
    SUGGESTION: None...?

Saurav
    game base:fr
    comments: don't mind border errors. also the player travels into an old-timey photo.
    credits: saurav, wesley fg, doktor worm, and MASTEROFPUPPETS.
    map name old-timey photo
    mapshot:
    Spoiler:

COMMENT: Your SPOILER tags went a bit wrong, but anyways... It's a wonderful map. Palletes are a bit pale, however. Although I don't understand how the PLAYER will get to that cave there, or will he go through a cave in another map and ends there?
    RATING: 9/10
    SUGGESTION: Your map is giving off a forest feel, so I guess add more grass to it? But it's nice as it is...

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Name: boredom path
    Credits: Kyledove, rheveren_duh, Wesley FG, newtieuf, Zeikku_Sidewinder
    Comments: idc about border errors, don't whine about them. I got bored and did this, don't take it all seriously.
    Picture:
    Spoiler:

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
  • Ok first of all, can anyone tell me how to make a spoiler tag?

and Second, This is my Town/world Map for my made up region, Kuoso.

at first it looks quite big and Full, but half of the map will be for 'post game' purposes. The black lines indicate the unpassbles until the player has beat the E4 and the black dot town is the starting town.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • OMG an admin posting a map for comments? What? So unheard of!

Map Rating/Review Thread
    YAY?! Neways, I'm not liking this map too much ):
    The mountains are like...the same...exactly the same as the level below them. They are also like uber square. The tree placement like scares me, because it just looks really out of place. Paths are pretty good, but they're a tad square for my taste. Anyways, the bushes and flowers are too bunched up, you know, in my opinion. So it's a 2/10.

well the first thing I dont like is the tree placement but I love the grass placement and everything eles is nice good job 8.5/10
    What you talkin bout willis? The tree placement is like SMEX!

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Name: boredom path
    Comments: idc about border errors, don't whine about them. I got bored and did this, don't take it all seriously.
    Picture:
    Spoiler:

The tree placement doesn't look as natural as it could and the grass arrangement is kind of..random and block-y.

7/10 Nice tiles and palettes.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • OMG an admin posting a map for comments? What? So unheard of!

Map Rating/Review Thread

It's not a bad map but it's not good either. It needs to have another house and the beach needs to be less crowded. Speaking of the beach, it needs to be bigger and not as square-ish (which I don't really have anything against). Finally the thing that killed it for me was the rown of trees on the cliff. It just looks so wrong.

So... sorry Hiroshi, but your map only gets a 6/10 for me.

Come on, I know you can do better. I've seen your maps (such as updated merson cave) and they are some of the best maps I've ever seen.

Name: boredom path
    Picture:
    Spoiler:

Damn, that's good.

First of all I love the general shape. It's so awesome and playable. I loved your placement of everything and I'm kinda speechless because that is one epic map.

Rating - 10/10

Improvements - map like this all the time. :P

Shirona

[span="font-size: 18px; font-family: Abril Fatface
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2019
    Anyways, the bushes and flowers are too bunched up, you know, in my opinion.

Just butting in but when it's a town we're talking about isn't there wouldn't you bunch up the flowers and bushes?

justinufer

Learner
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2013
    He is my map i have fixed up the border so it is acually ratable. This the home town for my hack.

aquadan

is searching for members
    Years
  • Oy don't steal my map ;o; I actually revised it (as I do with all my maps every now and them) to incorporate a bit more detail.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Honestly, the tiles and everything are all okay, BUT
    what i really dont like about this map is [S-HIGHLIGHT] the layout[/S-HIGHLIGHT],
    it lacks fluidity.

Also: All thoses people and only one house, wtf.
    include a hotel perhaps.

I like to offer suggestions, rather than just spam. but it is just a suggestion

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Map time:

Name: None
    ROM: Ruby
    Credits: Nintendo for the tiles, Kyledove for the pallette
    Comments: Took a bit to make. All for practice.
    Map:
    Spoiler:

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
  • Honestly, the tiles and everything are all okay, BUT
    what i really dont like about this map is [S-HIGHLIGHT] the layout[/S-HIGHLIGHT],
    it lacks fluidity.

Also: All thoses people and only one house, wtf.
    include a hotel perhaps.

I like to offer suggestions, rather than just spam. but it is just a suggestion

yeah i agree. maybe another house in the space in front of the gym where the flower patch is?

also, i was skipped again. -.-

the first a town map, the 2nd an overworld of the mid/top portion of the map

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
    Years
  • Name: boredom path
    Picture:
    Spoiler:

Thanks for ripping my tileset off. I appreciate that. I don't remember saying you could use it but whatever. Also, you'll have to find a new tree. That tree isn't public. One of the reasons why my tileset changed in my hack thread is because I found out that tree tile wasn't for public use. Unless you got permission from Spriter-K of deviant art, which I doubt, because he isn't listed in the credits. Also, you forgot to credit Alistair for the wild grass tiles and the flower tiles.

Why be such a lazy mapper? I see this comment in so many of your map postings. It would literally take thirty seconds to fix the "border-errors" in this map.

Saurav
    game base:fr
    comments: don't mind border errors. also the player travels into an old-timey photo.
    credits: saurav, wesley fg, doktor worm, and MASTEROFPUPPETS.
    map name old-timey photo
    mapshot:
    Spoiler:

This map is great. The mountains are done beautifully. I really like the shape too. FLOWER PLACEMENT IS GOOD GOOD. Only the cave entrance on the water bugs me because it could cause problems of the player walking on water.
    Anyways... 8/10

→goon

pokémon auburn version←
    Years
  • Map Name: Granite Canyon
    Credits: kyledove, WesleyFG, Zein

Spoiler:

WARNING: Page Stretcher.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back