• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2010
    Town Name: Tanzan Town
    Description: A small farming town on the edge of a forest, Tanzan Town provides the rest of the region with freshly-grown berries. This is the main character's home town.

It's my first map, but don't be afraid to give some good criticism!

Spoiler:

Chaos190

Likes to Hack Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2016
    Spoiler:

Map Name: Route 501
    Comments: This is a very tough map. The trainers pokemon is consited of level 40 - 50. The wild Pokemon levels are 38 - 46. I love this map because I really done a good job with these hardcore mountains. Since there are warps, this map becomes a lot more tougher. You have to use Strength and rock smash to get through this challenging map.

Please tell me what I did wrong and give my map a rating.

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Comments: This is a very tough map. The trainers pokemon is consited of level 40 - 50. The wild Pokemon levels are 38 - 46. I love this map because I really done a good job with these hardcore mountains. Since there are warps, this map becomes a lot more tougher. You have to use Strength and rock smash to get through this challenging map.

the moutnain shaping is not that bad, but could of course be much better, it is also not very natural, some thing do it not natural like the cave in the middle of the grass and yte some other things......
    but what is most dissapointing is all the tile errors, your map is full of tile errors like in some places there are 2 levels on mounatain and above again 2 levels but on the side where grass you put also only 2 though there should be all together 4......and yet many other tile errors which makes that the maps just can't be real, it is like some optic illusions picture that when you like one place it looks alright when you go further you suddenly see that it is a not possible picture.....
    see what I mean?^^

well, rating....I prefere not to say coz it is really bad :S
    but well you asked yourself rating so here:

1/10

sorry but with such tile errors you can't call it a map :/

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2010
    Reposted! I was skipped twice.

Town Name: Tanzan Town
    Description: A small farming town on the edge of a forest, Tanzan Town provides the rest of the region with freshly-grown berries. This is the main character's home town.

It's my first map, but don't be afraid to give some good criticism!

Spoiler:

EDIT: Just finished another map: my first route map! It might be a bit dull and basic, but that's where you come in! :P

Spoiler:

Last edited:

RedBaron474

I don't even know
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Nov 26, 2016
    Spoiler:

In case you didn't understand here's the errors Simdu was talking about . . .
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Reposting since I was skipped.

Lets see... you start at the bottom of the map, not the top-left. That's about it.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Spoiler:

This is the simplest Town I could ever made. ^^ Nothing special about this town, except for the lab.

tjwilliams24

Gone.
    Years
  • Ray, your mapping is beautiful. I really like your different types of trees, which make it more realistic. And I really like the lap and the houses you made. The only suggestion I have for you is make only one or two houses have the sunroof(which is very well made) because it would have a more realistic effect.

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2023
    I have 6 maps that are appearing in order of appearence in my hack
    All maps are from fire red, for POKEMON INVESTIGATION

Spoiler:

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
    Years
  • I have 6 maps that are appearing in order of appearence in my hack
    All maps are from fire red, for POKEMON INVESTIGATION

Spoiler:

6.5/10

There are errors on the cliffs, where the grass ends unexpectedly, and has dirt. It really bothers me. :( Also, try editing the tile's background tile.

Chaos190

Likes to Hack Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2016
    Here you go another map.
    This map is called Final Map because this will most likely my final map before retiring from Mapping for a long time.
    Map Rating/Review Thread

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2023
    Here you go another map.
    This map is called Final Map because this will most likely my final map before retiring from Mapping for a long time.
    Map Rating/Review Thread

looks good, except it is a little square. also most grass patches are also square.

6/10

TAKUORO

Pyro from WAH ;D
    Years
  • A map from my hack, Legend Of The Rainbow
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2023

Dude it's 30x20
    Grass Patches are suspose to look square in maps not shattered all around

1. look at the map. it is like you circled it with trees, then made the path from 1 end to the other, up, to the other end, etc.

2. square means that it is outlined (trees on yours) then follows that shape. MOST MAPS HAVE SOMETHING IN CORNERS TO MAKE IT COMPLEX!

3. most patches of grass on maps are't square/rectangle, but in L shapes, and more complex

4. Your non pokemon grass is all the same tile, there are 5 different ones, use them all!

that is why it has a bad rating. this section isn't based just on playability, but also looks. it has to look more realistic.

Rexo

Rexo
    Years
  • To: .Pichu-kun
    Hi, about your map. I love the idea to put the laboratory in the middle, and even on the water. The grass tiles throughout the map, you should leave those out. You're unable to actually reach the place, so don't put the grass there. Another thing, how the *** do you get off the lab island. Another point I want to give the attention to is the placement of the trees. Pretty good, but try overlapping them sometimes. Not to squary. Anyway, I would give this a 6.7. See ya!

Lyzo

Back from vacation
    Years
  • Name of map: Forrest (not very creative but itl do for now)
    Name of game:FireRed
    Comments:just a mapping exercise trieing to get better at mapping hope you like it.
    https://img80.imageshack.us/img80/186/naturalmap2.png

Look... you need to look up some mapping tutorials or study some good maps here in this forum. Maps need to follow a path, yours is just a bunch of random trees and grass placed on the map. Please think about your map before you start creating it. Think of an entrance an exit, the path you want the player to walk through, some special things in the map. Don't just randomly put trees in the map...

Rexo

Rexo
    Years
  • To siper x:
    This is definitely inappropriate. I don't know why you came up with the idea that the grass must be squared. Not only the grass, even the trees are squared. No overlapping. Do not use the nintendo style my friend like in the pokemon games, my friend. It's ugly.
    This is absolutely a 2, one point for the effort.
    See ya!

Last edited:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Name of map: Forrest (not very creative but itl do for now)
    Name of game:FireRed
    Comments:just a mapping exercise trieing to get better at mapping hope you like it.
    https://img80.imageshack.us/img80/186/naturalmap2.png

Sorry, but this is just no. Yes, it's natural, but how the hell do you get out where do you start which way do you go wtf is this what what what.

pls no, this is just way too confusing. o.o Make a border of trees, give the map a shape, make it like an actual Pokemon map.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back