• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March 19th 2011 - The end of the world?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
  • it's possible; the moon does affect many natural things.

but i can't really see this happening.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    As soon as I saw Astrology I was like... yeah no... *click out*

Normal day folks, get back to work/school. :P

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
  • I actually like this one better than what some pre-historic calender is trying to impend on us.

edit: Also, did anyone else think of Majora's Mask? I know that is a terrible exaggeration, but still, it just happen to pop up in my mind after the article claiming it'll be closer to Earth.

Last edited:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • I read up to "and one astrologer believes it could inflict massive damage."

are you kidding me this one guy is talking about epic damage from the moon? What is this.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • No. Can't believe it. This sorta thing has happened a lot of times before and nothing ever became of 'em. It won't be an exception this time.

I can't die yet. I haven't even dated a girl!

Gero50

闇の下呂
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Sep 10, 2011
    Interesting enough, but I don't see it happening like this.

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
    Years
  • Oh, so an astrologist predicted the end of the world. I guess we are all doomed now?
    At least it will only take us 8 days to prove that wacko wrong by a counterexample.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    This is just so ridiculous! "the moon will swing around Earth more closely than it has in the past 18 years" so what happened 18 years ago?

There's no difference between a full moon and a half/crescent/new moon when it comes to tidal effects. It's all to do with the direction the sun is shining on it that determines how much of its surface we see. It being full really makes no difference to the effect it has on Earth.

Zet

Years
  • This is just so ridiculous! "the moon will swing around Earth more closely than it has in the past 18 years" so what happened 18 years ago?

There's no difference between a full moon and a half/crescent/new moon when it comes to tidal effects. It's all to do with the direction the sun is shining on it that determines how much of its surface we see. It being full really makes no difference to the effect it has on Earth.
    18 years ago the moon almost crashed into the Earth, we narrowly avoided second impact.

Not really, but it probably came close to the Earth like what it's going to on the 19th. But as for the end of the world stuff, merely a hypothesis.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I honestly don't know what to believe anymore because I'm not sure if the world will end next week or next year now that I saw the article.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Have some faith in science guys... You don't need to wait until the day to know for sure that this is unfeasible weirdness coming from a bad source, and will never happen.

NatureKeeper

Actually, these stuff in Japan are getting me thinking. And there was a really minor shock like a week ago here.
    But no, this probably will not be the end of the world. Unless stuff is really accelerating, and I am 99% sure. I can change this comment by roughly 15 March though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back