• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March 19th 2011 - The end of the world?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I wish we could have a supermoon every week. It'd be great. When something goes wrong I can just blame it on the the end of the world. Spilled coffee? Supermoon knocked it over. Got a speeding ticket? Supermoon's gravity was pulling me too fast.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    If we survived 18 years ago, when that theory or thing happened. Then we'll survive now, but it looks like I'm a bit late posting here. However, in the title it doesn't exactly say we're going to die. It was just questioning it, as in "Will March 19 'supermoon' trigger disasters?", but anyway I never really believe these theories.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    I'll have to admit though the supermoon was pretty cool though. Was real nice in my area

Years
    I saw pictures online, and the moon looked so different, but I go outside, and it still looks the same, just a little brighter. LAME SAUCE!

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    I saw pictures online, and the moon looked so different, but I go outside, and it still looks the same, just a little brighter. LAME SAUCE!

This. I looked outside thinking I was going see something amazing.

I was so amazed by the moon that looked exactly the same.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Alas, it is March 20, 2011. I've awoken in a strange land. Yesterday was the end of the world. Here I stand in this alternate universe, where I can't tell exactly what has changed because clearly everything has changed. This can only be described as a super phenomenon.

This. I looked outside thinking I was going see something amazing.

I was so amazed by the moon that looked exactly the same.
    It was orange and appeared to be a lot closer than normal. I remember it being like that a few years ago on Halloween. It only stayed like that for about an hour, so if you didn't catch a glimpse of it within that hour - depending on where you live, I assume - then you would've have spotted any differences from the moon then and how it normally is.

Ice Car

Banned
    Years
    @Landorus:

Since you have VM's disabled, I'll point it out here.

So I guess this is the latest apocalyptic scenario Science has to offer us.

I didn't bother clicking the link since the main idea seemed to be in the title. And what the OP is. I damn well know Science and Astronomy are different, I just thought it was from Science due to what the OP said.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    @Landorus:

Since you have VM's disabled, I'll point it out here.

I didn't bother clicking the link since the main idea seemed to be in the title. And what the OP is. I damn well know Science and Astronomy are different, I just thought it was from Science due to what the OP said.

No, you still don't understand.

An ASTROLOGER predicted this. Not an astronomer. Astronomy is the mathematical and theoretical study of space. Astrology is the use of stars and space objects to make predictions about the future, and therefore Astrology is not science.

Science had nothing to do with this theory, except disprove it. -_-

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 28, 2012
    Well, obviously nothing happened. I just loved reading that article cause it starts by trying to convince you that something may happen during this lunar perigee, then they say "o well astrology isnt actually a science n stuff so..." and the entire article lost credit.

Then they concluded by saying "so ya dont worry" and as we see it's nothing but bs...

Last edited:

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    You're all fools. This was clearly not a real astrologer because his finding was bogus. A real astrologer's findings wouldn't be so inaccurate.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    You're all fools. This was clearly not a real astrologer because his finding was bogus. A real astrologer's findings wouldn't be so inaccurate.

How about everyone that assumed it was the astrologer that explicitly said the world was going to end?

That means next to each and every single one of you.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years

You do know that an astrologer is not an actual scientist right? Astrology is basically future telling.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back