• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
  • I really didn't like the Gen 5 starters, Samurott was pretty cool, the rest was meeh.
    All other Gen's starters i like, especially Gen3 Starters (Blaziken!!)

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • I guess the reason Johto's starters get not much love is because they aren't as versatile as the others.

However, Kanto had my least fave starters, blame it all on Charizard.

In HG/SS Totodile's line becomes pretty versatile. Not sure about the others though since I never used them.

Favorite Kanto starter of mine would have to be Blastoise, just look at those cannons.....

I've always been hoping that one day Blastoise would get his own variant of Hyper Beam. Big cannons - A variation of Hyper Beam to account for this would be very nice. (A multihit attack - Two hits at 90 per hit. Slightly stronger then Hyper Beam but having a little less accuracy for balance.)

Years
  • I really didn't like the Gen 5 starters, Samurott was pretty cool, the rest was meeh.
    All other Gen's starters i like, especially Gen3 Starters (Blaziken!!)

Hoenn's starters did have some neat movepools, but Sinnoh's all have awesome dual-types in their final evolutions. Also, Infernape is very popular in the OU competitive tier.

In HG/SS Totodile's line becomes pretty versatile. Not sure about the others though since I never used them.

They did get some nice moves, but still aren't as great as the other Water Starters.

Clearly, Chikorita is the worst throughout the game because so many Pokemon battled have type advantages against Grass.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    My favourite starter in 4th Gen is Infernape cos its a beast and fighting moves can easily own your rival's Empoleon as Empoleon is steel type, some horrible typing indeed, makes the games to easy.

I normally pick Chikorita a challenge if I am playing 2nd gen games.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • Clearly, Chikorita is the worst throughout the game because so many Pokemon battled have type advantages against Grass.

Grass types are generally the least versatile starters though - Mainly because of typing. It becomes more prevalent 3rd gen and higher. Turtwig was the most versatile line and thats only because he has a second type that isn't poison.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • Hoenn's starters did have some neat movepools, but Sinnoh's all have awesome dual-types in their final evolutions. Also, Infernape is very popular in the OU competitive tier.

Sinnoh starters did have some really cool type combos we hadn't seen before, and Infernape is a very good pokemon with a very nice design, i just don't like how after Blaziken all fire starters eventually became Fire/fighting...

Years
  • Sinnoh starters did have some really cool type combos we hadn't seen before, and Infernape is a very good pokemon with a very nice design, i just don't like how after Blaziken all fire starters eventually became Fire/fighting...

Yeah, and imagine how people would rage if Fennekin's evolution became Fire/Fighting.

People who hated the Fire/Fighting trend would get so mad as hell they can't take it anymore.

(Hehehe movie references ftw!)

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • Yeah, and imagine how people would rage if Fennekin's evolution became Fire/Fighting.

The type combo is cool, I've loved it since Blaziken, i just don't see a reason for giving the starters from 3 different regions the same typing...it's not like i don't want there to be new fire/fighting pokemon, just please don't give us a Starter with this typing...again. I really don't understand this lack of creativity

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • They're great typing, don't get me wrong. Just that we want new typing for the fire type. We had 3 gens of Fire/Fighting, we want something new :3

And I can't even skip today, my mom is at home and I can't stay here ;~;

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • What's so bad about fire/fighting?

;_; I don't like mornings... and I gave up coffee for lent ;O;

I know, mornings suck...but that's what coffee is for :D
    There is nothing bad about fire/fighting, i just think having 3 Starters with the same typing is kinda boring...
    Plus, i don't see a reason for this lack of creativity.

I'd be okay with Fennekin being just a pure fire type

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • I don't drink coffee too. I don't need any waking-up agents either, so once I'm up and awake, I'm good to go (unless I slept too late the night before, then I'll be half-awake while walking out the door lol).

Hello, hello hello!

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • *wakesupstartled*

For the weekend I can sleep for 5 hours and wake up fully energized, but on a school day I just can't. Maybe because I know I got to go to school later on? ;~;

Someone get me outta here.. T^T

Edit: I'm going to school now D:
    I don't know if you'll still be on by the time I come back, synerjee xD
    So good night, Minun buddy :3

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • You guys are so cute, minun and plusle having a conversation :)
    I don't really need coffee either, i just drink it because i really like the taste

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • Hahaha always happens~ I always set my phone alarm at least half an hour before my actual wake up time, but I always end up snoozing the alarm every time it rings until it's past my wake up time. Yup. I just love sleep.

Weirdly enough though, I sometimes get up at around 5 or 6 in the morning feeling like I have just slept a good 8 hours and have all my internal batteries recharged to the max. But after I fall asleep again and wake up around 9, I feel like I haven't slept in a million years. @@ Does that happen to you too?

EDIT: Oops, didn't read your most recent post. Seeya Plusle buddy xD

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back