• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mario Maker

TheBigMan0706

Monster hunting Snivy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2016
    Who else can't wait for Mario Maker to be released next month? I know this snivy can't wait to play (and make) custom mario levels!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I've already got the game pre-ordered online as a belated birthday present for me. I'm gonna have some fun with the mystery mushroom power ups, since I have a ton of amiibos. Oh, and be prepared for Kazio Mario-style levels in the future.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
    I can't wait to see Birabuto Kingdom, Muda Kingdom, Easton Kingdom and Chai Kingdom remade.

TheBigMan0706

Monster hunting Snivy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2016
    i might be a jerk and remake platform panic from Donkey Kong Country. (if you played the game, you'll understand the trollish nature of that level

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    I feel like more can be accomplished through unofficial modding, for example of NSMBW. I don't know much about the capabilities of Super Mario Maker, but I feel like it will be outclassed if and when NSMBU becomes moddable, if it is not already outclassed even by NSMBW modding.

However, I suppose it is nice of Nintendo to finally have a proper level editor for the Mario games.

TheBigMan0706

Monster hunting Snivy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2016
    I expect a free update when new amiibos for the ballot winners arrive into Mario Maker.

I hope so. But i'm also hoping we get free items to use in level construction (like more bosses, enemies, stage parts and backrounds.)

Years
    I wish mario maker also came out for the 3ds to be honest, though I read somewhere that it might come out if wii u version becomes successful.

I can't wait to see Birabuto Kingdom, Muda Kingdom, Easton Kingdom and Chai Kingdom remade.

it feels like nintendo canned sarasaland for good, unfortunately, as it hasn't appeared on the mario franchise since its first appearance and only mentioned a couple times along with daisy.

I am hoping for a surprise reboot of the super mario land series though.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    it feels like nintendo canned sarasaland for good, unfortunately, as it hasn't appeared on the mario franchise since its first appearance and only mentioned a couple times along with daisy.

I am hoping for a surprise reboot of the super mario land series though.

At least there's still a possibility of a Daisy mystery mushroom, since a Waluigi mystery mushroom was discovered a few days ago.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I'm so disappointed in this game.

It is essentially baby's first level designer kit. It's MISSING so many essential stuff and it gets more and more obvious the more time I put into it. It really feels like Nintendo rather designed this game so people can design a bunch of gimmicky, one off levels instead of properly designed levels you'd find in an actual Mario game. The toolkit is missing too many small and basic but super important stuff that you find in nearly every Mario level in existence. I also have no interest in playing the many poorly designed levels showcased that are just a gimmick showcase, a useless level with no actual design into it, a way too precise level that is supposed to be "hard", and what have you, and I'm not gonna hunt for the good levels when I can just play an actual Mario games with levels designed by professionals.

I'll put this into perspective, you absolutely cannot make 1-1 from the original SMB game exactly like it is. It is impossible.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I'm so disappointed in this game.

It is essentially baby's first level designer kit. It's MISSING so many essential stuff and it gets more and more obvious the more time I put into it. It really feels like Nintendo rather designed this game so people can design a bunch of gimmicky, one off levels instead of properly designed levels you'd find in an actual Mario game. The toolkit is missing too many small and basic but super important stuff that you find in nearly every Mario level in existence. I also have no interest in playing the many poorly designed levels showcased that are just a gimmick showcase, a useless level with no actual design into it, a way too precise level that is supposed to be "hard", and what have you, and I'm not gonna hunt for the good levels when I can just play an actual Mario games with levels designed by professionals.

I'll put this into perspective, you absolutely cannot make 1-1 from the original SMB game exactly like it is. It is impossible.

Since you've said it yourself, being a bigger Mario fan than any of us, then I guess that disqualifies Super Mario Maker as a nominee for 2015's GOTY (only leaving Splatoon and XCX as our possible candidates).

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Just to clarify, I'm not saying it's a bad game. Far from that. It's still a very good level creator game. You can still design good levels. That's still fun.

But if you're looking to make levels you'd find in actual Mario games, then you're not gonna find that here. A good level creator game, just not a good one for Mario.

That said I still see Splatoon topping it as GOTY for Nintendo. (MGSV or Bloodborne otherwise)

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    This is just over the limit, but not so far that it's damnable. Plus, what this is is pretty important.

Yeh, so they're finally adding checkpoints to Mario Maker. Also, status-dependent power-ups.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...level_checkpoints_and_more_in_upcoming_update

Right after watching SomecallmeJohnny's review of Mario Maker, this video pops up. This was his primary criticism towards the game, and now his review is outdated. Now I'm expecting slopes for the next update after this one.

Back