• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Marvel Megathread! Movies, TV, Comics & More!

pkmin3033

Holy shit they're bringing back the best villain from the only good Spiderman movie ever made. Count me in for this one.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    no wayyyyyy they're even using the same actor`?????? are they doing that as an awesome wink to fans or is it legit the other universe popping in due to multiverse shizzle?? skjdhfjksldhf also more Doctor Strange yay <3

pre-post addendum: i googled it -
    Spoiler:
    And we already had the Spiderverse movie establishing that multiverse and Spider-Man is a very legit thing. so yeah. Loving this so much ahah.

such winks are so much fun though, like in Wandavision when
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2022
    I only watch Marvel movies for the special effects, and I liked their magic animations the best, so I'm pretty stoked to see Dr Strange in the upcoming Spiderman movie. I'm not invested in the characters, but the big budget explosions and shinies are always a visual treat.

Allen303

A warrior who has lost his ability to fight, is on
    Years
  • I am waiting for their latest game Marvel's midnight sun
    Here's trailer I am so excited!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Started watching Falcon & Winter Soldier at last. It's really nothing like Loki or Wandavision and I'm not as into pure action dramas like this show is. However, it does one fun thing: I never cared about Bucky, he was a nuisance or weird brooding character that got Cap into emotional trouble, as far as I was concerned. But here, they finally focus on him and make me sympathize with him and give him more personality again. So I like him now!

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • Alright, let me dump some rambling, overanalyzing thoughts I've been nursing here:

I think that Phase 4 of the MCU has the general theme of identity. Let's take a look:
    *Obviously, Loki cemented the idea of "Variants" (the idea had already appeared in Endgame, but Loki put a name to it and set it in as an established concept in the universe) and put forth a lot of questions like, "what makes a Loki a Loki?", "what if your role in the universe was to fail so others could become the best versions of themselves?" and "how much can you really change your nature?"
    *Wandavision managed to sneak in a character meeting their doppelganger even without having any time travel, and actually literally had a speech about identity metaphysics
    *The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, a show which is way farther up the "realism->science fiction" scale and isn't exactly going to have time-travel duplicates, still used the "hero fighting a version of themselves" theme with John Walker, and just generally put a lot of thought into what the identity of Captain America means
    *Black Widow arguably touched on a similar thing a little bit, with all the Red Room girls being called "Black Widows" and "our" Widow basically reclaiming it for the side of good and her own individuality.
    I can't really say anything for sure about movies that have yet to be released (I'm gonna spoiler-tag these just because I don't know what people do or do not want to know about upcoming projects), but:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Interesting take! Also in the next phase:
    Spoiler:
    omg
    Spoiler:

Allen303

A warrior who has lost his ability to fight, is on
    Years
  • Started watching Falcon & Winter Soldier at last. It's really nothing like Loki or Wandavision and I'm not as into pure action dramas like this show is. However, it does one fun thing: I never cared about Bucky, he was a nuisance or weird brooding character that got Cap into emotional trouble, as far as I was concerned. But here, they finally focus on him and make me sympathize with him and give him more personality again. So I like him now!

You will be amazed by ending

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    falcon & winter soldier ending
    Spoiler:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Ok now you have to watch the vastly superior Loki
    since i am vastly superior, I have already seen all of Loki <3

tbh though? I think I liked Wandavision the best in the end out of the three shows, haha. Which is funny, as the first times I tried to watch it I didn't like it at all as I didn't understand what was going on and thought it was just gonna be what it was in the first ep forever d:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    omg u reply too fast, what is this, 2007??

I have not watched Agents of Shield though so I am unfortunately a fake Marvel fan.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Heh. The Wakanda people have the most healthiest minds in the MCU ahah. But
    Spoiler:

Inky

:pleading_face:
    Years
    • he / him
    • Seen yesterday
    omg u reply too fast, what is this, 2007??

I have not watched Agents of Shield though so I am unfortunately a fake Marvel fan.

You're not missing out on anything imo :femme:

Back