• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Massive multiplayer online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    Thanks everyone!

This is quite embarrasing but I only found out when I was playing it yesterday that trades are already in and work fine. (And have been in the game for like a month apparently...)

Anyway what's good about them is that you can literally "give" other people pokemon too without having to trade. Or you could give them two pokemon in exchange for one, etc.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    It's an mmo (massive multiplayer ONLINE) so I'm afraid not. It's a community game that is meant to be played with lots of people. Having such a big world and only being the only player would get boring quickly.

Years
  • This is going to be in flash, correct? If so, is entire game contained into the SWF file, or is it just a flash client accessing a server to run? Does the game store player data on a server, online database file, or on a database in your own computer? If it stores data on your computer and the entire game is contained in the flash file, is it peer-to-peer, or will it need to access a server?

If the game is contained in an SWF file, contains all player data on the person's computer rather than a server, and is peer-to-peer, and offline mode would not be that difficult to implement. Just disable the script that attempts to connect the game to other players. Players would need to download the SWF file, though.

Sorry if you don't understand these questions, or don't know the answer to them. By the way, the menu looks great.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    I don't know much about it but I'll try my best from what I do know.

It is flash yes, I think like you said it's flash client accessing a server to run but Im not sure if the player data is on a server or on an online database file. I think its on a server though, so I doubt you could play offline.

Thanks Alistair, appreciate it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    There is a story, there is also lots of quests and sidestories (which wont be short either.)

A little update, here are some of the monster drops - do not click if you dont want to be spoilt
    Spoiler:

You can almost guess the pokemon

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    Kyledove your spriting, custom poke's, tiles, EVERYTHING, is absolutely brilliant. No doubt this game will be absolutely amazing. A lot of your new features seems like this game will be a huge hit, too.

If there's not gonna be previous pokemon in this game, how should we be able to guess which monsters they come from? :P

TeddiursaFan

is a TeddiursaFan
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2013
    One of them looks like a fur of a zizagoon, though I know that it's not because you're not adding the original pokemon. Some of those drops look familiar (probally because I've seen the pokemon they belong to as well as the fact that you posted a screen of someone who's trading some of the items (I think)). Since you're using pokepage's pokemon, are you still going to use the starters you've revealed in your early screenshots or are you going to use pokepage's starters? I already know that you're not going to use all of pokepage's pokemon or are you?

SL1MSHADY

WATCH THE THRONE
    Years
  • lol i can only tell where the obvious objects come from, like:
    the claw is from a dragon pokemon
    the tail is from a rat pokemon
    and the web is from a spider pokemon
    right?
    i donno, but maybe you should make it into a game where we have to guess what type of pokemon drops what! that would be pretty fun...

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    Well, you got one of those wrong haha.

Teddiursafan - there will be more than one set of starters. Since its such a large world and game, there are gonna be two sets of starters so far, with possibly more being added in time.

As of yet, I dont think I'll put any of pokepages' starters in, but possibly in time. Like you said, not all his pokemon will be in the game.

Decypher

Craig Marshall
    Years
  • Well I'm guessing the blue and white feather on the right, second row has something to do with Jayzul, other than that, I'm not sure what pokemon they're to do with.

Rabla

Master of the Keyblade
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    Hey, will this have stuff like those Quests in Runescape or something. My friend showed me the game and he told me about how theres the missions and you get instructions to do things.

Also, there should be an 'Easter Bunny' fakemon that is only catchable during Easter Sunday and Easter Monday etc and a 'Halloween Pokemon and a Christmas Pokemon etc.

Random thought: Centuria, the 'Generation Fakemon'. Only catchable on the 31st of December and 1st of January.

Also, there could be rare pokemon that start appearing in the wild after you do a certain quest. For example, Jayzul only appears in the wild after completing the quest 'The Jayzul's Lost Treasure'.

Just giving ideas.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2016
    I'm gonna keep my eye on this.
    I'm looking forward to it, it sounds good so far.
    Definitely sounds better than that one PKMN mmo I stumbled upon on google... hm, why was tail whip so godlike on there now that I think about it...

Anyway, I look forward to a release!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back