• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Matthew? I'll call you Matty

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
Years
  • My name is Zaki, and that's what I'm generally called. A lot of my friends (mostly the non-Muslim ones) call me Zac for short. I don't mind it at all. Other than that, I generally don't go by any nicknames. Even my family has always called me by my given name.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Online, people call me Megan, because my previous username was Meganium90 and it was kinda derived from it. xD I'm okay with it tho! irl I was recently donned the name Karla because at work my managers keep mistaking me for some other coworker and I have the same hair style as her.

Others call me Meg, Meggerz, and...quite others that I can't remember haha.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
  • Online, people call me Megan, because my previous username was Meganium90 and it was kinda derived from it. xD I'm okay with it tho! irl I was recently donned the name Karla because at work my managers keep mistaking me for some other coworker and I have the same hair style as her.

Others call me Meg, Meggerz, and...quite others that I can't remember haha.

Meg..? Well that's degrading, nobody wants to be named like that girl from family guy haha or is it just me?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Venny and Ventus are my usual names on XBL since my name on there does have Ven as a first name while others simply call me Skywalker irl for reasons that should be rather obvious.

FloatingMew

Keeping 1 post a day ^^
    Years
  • Heh That title is funny considering my name IS Matthew. When I was about four, my mom called me Maffers. XD I used to like it but not anymore. I have told one person about the nickname and they called me that every time they saw me. My friends nowadays call me Matt, I don't let anyone other than those friends call me Matt. My mom hates when people call me Matt, but I don't really mind...

Years
  • The only two real nicknames that I have now are Bren (just a shortening of Brendan) which is usually just by my family, and B, which a couple of people at work call me. My original username Brendino was a nickname I had when I was younger, but online's about the only place anyone will call me that.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I rarely nickname people, because, well, it's just not my style. xD" Whenever I do, it's usually because I'm either told to or want to just go with the flow. People do nick me, though. Ashley's my name, but both online and offline, people seem to have a tendency to shorten it to "Ash." I don't mind at all, because to me, it actually sounds pretty cute; I really like it, haha.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • My name is Alejandro, but i was born in Germany and i lived there for 21 years, and pronouncing that name is not easy for the german folks, since it always comes out as Alexandro (which i hate btw). So, since forever friends have been calling me Ale, something i dont mind at all, i actually like it.

As for other people, i will call my closest friends by nicknames i make up as i go, as long as it doesnt bother them. Also, when i get to know someone new, i like to ask them what they prefer to be called

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
    Years
  • I got this really cool nickname from my friend, he called me Henry for some parts of sophomore high school. I find it cool because my name was nowhere near Henry, my name was Le Roi... but I kept the nickname, I wear it like a badge. Another cool nickname my friends call me is "Wah" because as it turned out my name was French, and that's how he assumed they pronounce "Roi" so it kinda stuck.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • My real name is Megan so usually I just get called Megan.

A few people have called me Meg, Megs and Meggy. I personally love nicknames. I find them cute (as long as they aren't insulting obviously). ^^

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Everyone pretty much calls me Kimi. It's become a real name for me, to be honest. The only ones who ever call me by my real name are my parents. Oh, and my brother figure is the only that calls me Kim.

Burakki Tsuki

Now playing Pokemon again! :D
    Years
  • I have quite a few nicknames. My friends used to rarely use my real name. My brother will use one of the nicknames sometimes. But the nicknames occur much less now as I get older and party less.

Manitee

bury me alive
    Years
  • Yeah... by my friends I'm known as manatee. Then my besties all have nicknames, Chilu, Icky, Lozzenger and Windmill. Be jealous.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    My family calls me by my real name and my friends call me by a huge batch of variations on my main nickname, because in Swedish that nickname is so easy to put one or a few extra letters onto to make it funnier :p So depending on the situation, I'm called slightly differently. True story. I also have a nickname that some older friends call me that's a bit different.

And then there's my online nickname, Rika, which I guess I sorta chose myself after someone initially called me that or something (?) because my real name and irl nicknames sound pretty ridiculous in English tbh.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2014
    I am not really into the whole nickname thing. My name is actually Matthew and I've been called different names but I honestly prefer to be called by my actual name.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
    Years
  • My real name has been replaced for "Jerry" on multiple occasions by teachers who can't pronounce my name. Or, more accurately, "Jari." Eh, close enough. Now that I think of it, one of my first roleplay characters was named Jari. Oh the humanity.

Online I'm known as Kenn, or Kennneth, and I'd like to keep it that way. Some friends joke around with me and call it my stripper name/club alias. owo Although I don't really care much for whether you use my real name [Jariel] or Kenneth.

Back