• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen May CoroCoro! Four New Pokémon Revealed!!

Which Pokemon do you like the best?

• Elikiteru

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • Gogoat

Votes: 28 23.0%
  • Yayakoma

Votes: 20 16.4%
  • Yamchan

Votes: 48 39.3%

• Total voters

blue

gucci
Years
  • I wonder if Fletchling will have a high total BST? It has the description "Fletchling is also known to be ferocious in battle, capable of unleashing relentless attacks!" Which makes me wonder if it will be exceptionally stronger with a higher Stat total than the generic regional bird.

Jigglymilk

Night Of The Final Day
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2016
    Here's a thought! Maybe riding is an HM called "Ride" that can be taught to certain pokemon such as Gogoat. That way you can only ride certain pokemon, as it would look weird riding a rattata or gastly. Plus, I can see riding being something that is essential at some points in the game like cutting and rock smashing.

Munchlax11

Munch?
    Years
    • Age 26
    • USA
    • Seen Feb 15, 2014
    Just a pic of Fletchling and a pokemon being caught. I thought I'd post it here. This new information and new pokemon have gotten me even more excited for gen 6. The pics are from the pokemon website.

Years
  • If it's a key item I wonder if it'll be Gogoat only or if we'll be able to use it on say Rapidash and Taurus and other big animals that are ridden irl.
    Well, if they've already made 3D models of all the Pokemon for the battles then I can imagine it might be pretty easy for them to adapt riding to several others provided the riding feature doesn't require lots of complex movements. Maybe not a whole lot would be made, like just the kind where you'd ride it like a horse since they wouldn't have to program the character to do anything different. Just swap one Pokemon for another. You'd obviously ride different shaped Pokemon differently and that would require more work and probably more space for the data, though I don't know how much space is an issue for these games.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • Either that or it's just an area-specific thing. It could be possible that the city we are seen riding Gogoat just has it as a means of transportation, and that's how you get around the city while you are visiting. Of course, if it was just a key item I wouldn't mind that either, since it's better than an HM wasting a slot on something like riding a Pokémon (and I can't even think of what kind of in-battle effects that could have).

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • A key item would make sense, or maybe Gogoat is a traditional way to get around in the Kalos region, so this new feature would be restricted to him? Also, I'm loving all these new game screenshots ^^

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I'm hoping for a new HM. New move to play with and easier to find since I just have to go into the Pokemon list and select that Pokemon. Besides that it means a new list of HMs and I wanna see what they updated that way~

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Well if a couple of HMS have been substituted for features such as riding Pokemon, then surely there's room for one or two new HMS to make way. Either that or they may just do away with HMS all together.

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
    Years
  • Hmmm, I had a thought: what if Pancham has a branched evolution? One where it embraces the disciplinary teachings of kung fu and another where it retains its naughty ways. Maybe the way you raise it could influence its path in life. Kind of like a "light" and "dark" master of the martial arts or something.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Well if a couple of HMS have been substituted for features such as riding Pokemon, then surely there's room for one or two new HMS to make way. Either that or they may just do away with HMS all together.
    I'd support that. They can't be transferred across generations.

That said, some special occurrences would no longer be possible. For instance, "Fly" wouldn't be an HM, and Pokémon that could randomly know the move before (like a Flying Pikachu) would no longer be able to do it since the ability would not be granted. Unless a second type of ability is being introduced that dictates what kind of HM activities they can do (Dive, Fly, Surf, Cut, etc.).

Cyclone

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I doubt they will ever get rid of HMs. They are staples to the game. TMs have as much a chance of disappearing in favor for move tutors as HMs do of being removed. I still think the riding mechanic is some new HM.

Jigglymilk

Night Of The Final Day
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2016
    I can't remember, but did gen 5 make it to where you can replace tm's with hm's? If not it should be done in gen 6 :D

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Psst, let's talk less about HMs and TMs and more about the new Pokémon.

I do think that the ability to ride Gogoat could be the start of Pokémon possibly having field abilities in the main games though.

Back