• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    But this makes Sableye different than regular Sableye (in terms of movepool and EV spread).
    If Sp. Atk is boosted, it can become a bulky sweeper.

Sableye @ Sablite
    Magic Bounce
    Calm/Bold
    252 HP / 200 Sp. Atk / 56 Spd or 252 HP / 200 Sp. Atk / 28 Def / 28 Sp.Def
    -Substitute/Will-O-wisp
    -Recover
    -Shadow Ball
    -Dark Pulse
    Shadow Ball and Dark Pulse are redundant to be used together as reliable attacking options off of its increased Special Attack. It only needs one of them, leaving the last slot free for extra utility in Foul Play (to deter physical attackers), Knock Off (to mess with opposing non-Mega Stone items) or an extra status move:
    -Shadow Ball/Dark Pulse
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Recover
    -Foul Play/Knock Off
    Nature: Bold/Calm/Relaxed/Sassy
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef or 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
    Item: Sablite (assuming that's the name of the new Mega Stone)
    Ability: Prankster
    Mega Sableye's Speed will be 5. Mawile has an ability that doubles a stat to compensate for the very low BST. Without a simular ability for Sableye, the only way to make up the diferance is to harvest speed points.

That is an extra 45 points, for a total of 145 to spread around.

Normal Sableye was OU in Gen6 on his own. So You can still make use of Prankster... And then surprise them with a Mega. He can also Recover damage taken before Mega.

Also, he could be a trick room sweeper. He might end up the Slowest Pokemon Ever.

Spoiler:
    Mega Sableye's Speed will only be decreased slightly. 45 is just a bit too much:
    OR/AS official site said:
    When Sableye Mega Evolves, its Defense and Sp. Attack stats both get big boosts. Its Speed stat does decrease slightly, perhaps because of the weight of its huge jewel.

Mega Sableye's Speed will decrease by 10 at the least, 20 at the most.

Anyway, I like Mega Sableye in general. A lot of people seem to hate it because it didn't change much from the original apart from it gaining a large ruby. However, the interesting part of it is that the ruby pops out of its chest after it Mega Evolves.

Mega Sableye weighs 354.9 lbs. That includes the ruby. And that makes me wonder: how does Mega Sableye even carry a 300+ lbs ruby around, considering its small size?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Shadow Ball and Dark Pulse are redundant to be used together as reliable attacking options off of its increased Special Attack. It only needs one of them, leaving the last slot free for extra utility in Foul Play (to deter physical attackers), Knock Off (to mess with opposing non-Mega Stone items) or an extra status move:
    -Shadow Ball/Dark Pulse
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Recover
    -Foul Play/Knock Off
    Nature: Bold/Calm/Relaxed/Sassy
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef or 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
    Item: Sablite (assuming that's the name of the new Mega Stone)

Mega Sableye's Speed will only be decreased slightly. 45 is just a bit too much:

Mega Sableye's Speed will decrease by 10 at the least, 20 at the most.

Anyway, I like Mega Sableye in general. A lot of people seem to hate it because it didn't change much from the original apart from it gaining a large ruby. However, the interesting part of it is that the ruby pops out of its chest after it Mega Evolves.

Mega Sableye weighs 354.9 lbs. That includes the ruby. And that makes me wonder: how does Mega Sableye even carry a 300+ lbs ruby around, considering its small size?

Prankster? Is that set meant for pre-Mega evolution Sableye? Since it's Mega has been confirmed to have Magic Bounce.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Prankster? Is that set meant for pre-Mega evolution Sableye? Since it's Mega has been confirmed to have Magic Bounce.

I'm aware that Mega Sableye has Magic Bounce. Prankster is the ability for Sableye to use pre-Mega Evolution so that it can use its own priority-induced status moves to annoy the opponent before Mega Evolving. Prankster will change to Magic Bounce upon Mega Evolving, anyways. Keen Eye is very situational, while Stall is outright useless.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Which moves on Sableye will be good to use with his low speed in mega ? I tought about Sucker Punch and Payback.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Which moves on Sableye will be good to use with his low speed in mega ? I tought about Sucker Punch and Payback.

No need for those. Mega Sableye's Attack may not increase much, since it's been confirmed that its Defense and Special Attack will be boosted heavily.

Years
    If a Pokemon's speed is low enough, it's relatively useless to try and get them the advantage of going first, and more about overshadowing that weakness with other strengths, something that Trick Room does perfectly, haha. I've played with a few TR teams in the past, and they're a lot of fun, albeit a little gimmicky in some instances. Mega Sableye could fit right in.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    way too much to read so im just going to put what I personally would like to see not necessarily what i think will happen.

Delcatty - have it become normal/fairy
    Torkoal - it can stay fire type. I'm just sick of the lack of fire types in hoenn and I'd like to see something interesting happen to this one.
    Lunatone/Solrock - two of my fav standalone Pokemon. It would be cool to see what happens to them but I see this happening to zangoose/seviper or huntail/gorebyss more likely
    Milotic - water/fairy. It's the counterpart to gyarados and gyarados got water/dark.
    Tropius - I see it staying the same type but it would be cool if it went grass/dragon like sceptile.
    Relicanth - I love this thing and i would love to see it go mega

Years
    If a Pokemon's speed is low enough, it's relatively useless to try and get them the advantage of going first, and more about overshadowing that weakness with other strengths, something that Trick Room does perfectly, haha. I've played with a few TR teams in the past, and they're a lot of fun, albeit a little gimmicky in some instances. Mega Sableye could fit right in.
    That too, but it'll be best for doubles if so as one will waste a whole turn setting up Trick Room in a single's match considering Sableye can't learn Trick room so you'll have to switch...and normal Sableye could get knocked out if one is fighting a fairy type upon switching in...

Last edited:

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016

Well the cool thing about this is that Sableye already had a very very slow base stat of 50 in his Speed category. This is ridiculously slow, and for them to make him even slower would definitely put him at the top usage as far as TR goes. The only problem I can think of is if his Defense was not boosted high enough he's going to have trouble even getting that TR up.

I just really hope he'll be able to survive out there competitively and be able to get his TRs up without too much issue. He might be able to Mega into a TR fairly flawlessly though if he gets a decent defensive boost like I'm hoping he will. I guess it'll be all about making the right switch at the right time. Cause if you've got a TR team already it should be easy to get one up and switch him into it. Yeehaw! Because yeah I wouldn't use TR just for Mega Sableye unless your whole team is wrapped around using TR.

I'm huge on TR myself and I will adore using this lil guy.

That too, but it'll be best for doubles if so as one will waste a whole turn setting up Trick Room in a single's match...and normal Sableye could get knocked out if one is fighting a fairy type upon switching in...

That's why you just have another team member set up that Trick Room at the appropriate time and then toss out Sableye. His speed will undoubtedly be aided amazing well even without his Mega active. Then you just Mega and use a move, ta-dah! First time every time unless there's a priority move out there but eh. He should be able to tank things really well from behind that gem.

Years
    Well the cool thing about this is that Sableye already had a very very slow base stat of 50 in his Speed category. This is ridiculously slow, and for them to make him even slower would definitely put him at the top usage as far as TR goes. The only problem I can think of is if his Defense was not boosted high enough he's going to have trouble even getting that TR up.

I just really hope he'll be able to survive out there competitively and be able to get his TRs up without too much issue. He might be able to Mega into a TR fairly flawlessly though if he gets a decent defensive boost like I'm hoping he will. I guess it'll be all about making the right switch at the right time. Cause if you've got a TR team already it should be easy to get one up and switch him into it. Yeehaw!

Because I'm huge on TR myself and I would adore using this lil guy.
    The issue with that though is that Sableye can't learn Trick Room itself, so it'll need some assisance. So it'll proably be best for doubles where it can Mega Evolve (use Detect while it waits for something like Reuniclus to set up Trick room) on it's first turn (and not risk being killed upon switching in). It's normal self has a defense of 75 so it may not last long without that boost from it's Mega if done any other way...

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    The issue with that though is that Sableye can't learn Trick Room itself, so it'll need some assisance. So it'll proably be best for doubles where it can Mega Evolve (use Detect while it waits for something like Reuniclus to set up Trick room) on it's first turn (and not risk being killed upon switching in). It's normal self has a defense of 75 so it may not last long without that boost from it's Mega if done any other way...

There's a possibility he'll end up being able to learn it in the remakes. They may make it so just because of his Mega. I don't imagine Sableye being much of a sweeper anyway, so I doubt it'll matter to take up that move slot. :P

Ah but dude, unless he actually gets more special moves (and possibly Nasty Plot) I cannot see him getting much play unfortunately. Because yikes almost his entire move pool is Attack based. He might be able to pull off being a lead Pokemon though with that Magic Bounce. It just will be tricky on how you're gonna Mega him before they toss out a status/entry hazard...

Doubles seems good but I wish there was a better way to use him in Singles.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Nasty Plot is an Egg Move for Sabeleye in gen 6, Drowzee, Hypno, Chimchar, Croagunk and Toxicroak need to be the father.

Years
    Nasty Plot is an Egg Move for Sabeleye in gen 6, Drowzee, Hypno, Chimchar, Croagunk and Toxicroak need to be the father.

That'll help it. Now it only needs some special defense boost.

One of Sableye's moves though is Psychic which will help it destroy Fighting types (should someone not decide to switch them out for some reason xD).

Last edited:
    Years
    There's obviously going to be two different types of Mega Sableye a person could run - offensive, with Nasty Plot, Dark Pulse, Shadow Ball, and Hidden Power, or a defensively oriented one, utilizing its sluggish speed stat but impressive defensive buffs. That's how I think it's shaping up to be at this point.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2014
    Now i'm not sure if anyone has posted this yet. I didn't see anything.

Spoiler:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    There's obviously going to be two different types of Mega Sableye a person could run - offensive, with Nasty Plot, Dark Pulse, Shadow Ball, and Hidden Power, or a defensively oriented one, utilizing its sluggish speed stat but impressive defensive buffs. That's how I think it's shaping up to be at this point.

Shadow Ball and Dark Pulse have redundant coverage and shouldn't be used together. Sableye also has access to Dazzling Gleam to help against opposing Dark Pokemon, though HP Fighting can be used solely for Tyranitar or Bisharp; Steels are already hit neutrally by Dark/Ghost The best Nasty Plot Mega Sableye set, IMO is this:
    -Nasty Plot
    -Shadow Ball/Dark Pulse
    -Dazzling Gleam/Hidden Power (Fighting)
    -Recover
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 252 HP/252 SAtk/4 SDef
    Item: Sablite

Years

Let us hope that the buff will be enough, considering it's defenses are already quite low.

Years
    Now i'm not sure if anyone has posted this yet. I didn't see anything.

Spoiler:

I have posted it :)

Serebii confirmed that it's fake

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
    That'll help it. Now it only needs some special defense boost.

One of Sableye's moves though is Psychic which will help it destroy Fighting types (should someone not decide to switch them out for some reason xD).
    Apparently, Sableye can learn Calm Mind, which could be a nice alternative to Nasty Plot. Will-o-Wisp can already take care of physical attackers and Magic Bounce basically eliminates the need to run Taunt.
    What I wonder is this: If I sent out a Prankster Sableye holding the Sablite and then clicked a status move + the Mega evolve button, would Sableye keep Prankster's priority for the turn it Mega evolves?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back