• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

EmeraldRarity

Music Loving Pokefam~
    Years
    OH DEAR BALLS MEGA SLAMENCE IS TERRIBLE *rant over*

Yes...I don't like Mega Mence' but I LOVE Mega Lopunny and Altaria

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm very fond of Mega-Salamence, actually; its body looks much more fierce than it ever did. Its head does resemble Rayquaza a bit, which does bother me, but that's not too big of a deal. As for Mega-Lopunny, I like it as well! Unfortunately, I just can't imagine it to be used more often; it might be able to change its tier, but chances of it getting into over-used doesn't seem very likely.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    Like Yato said; I'm waiting for those Gen V Mega Evolutions. Definitely can't assure it'll happen, but you can always dream. There's a lot of potential in B/W! Pokémon like Eelektross, or Lilligant/Whimsicott could work. Don't forget the pseudo legendaries, haha. Mega Hydregion would be a must in GF's eyes, because they love making powerful Pokémon even more powerful, haha. Definitely interested in what a Mega Haxorus would look like.

There's even the possibility for a Mega Genesect. Oh how did I forget! That would look so epic, haha. It could have it's canons upgraded or something. It's been 2 games since it was last given away; I can definitely see an event with a possible Genesectite. Really hopes that happen. That would be my favorite Mega of all time <3

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    My god, yes, I am having an Altaria on my team.

Also

Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Like Yato said; I'm waiting for those Gen V Mega Evolutions. Definitely can't assure it'll happen, but you can always dream. There's a lot of potential in B/W! Pokémon like Eelektross, or Lilligant/Whimsicott could work. Don't forget the pseudo legendaries, haha. Mega Hydregion would be a must in GF's eyes, because they love making powerful Pokémon even more powerful, haha. Definitely interested in what a Mega Haxorus would look like.
    I second that idea of giving Hydreigon a Mega Evolution, now that he's become Sylveon's slave. Considering that Hydreigon was originally suppose to be a cyber dragon, the design for his Mega Evolution should be based around that.

Reactions: Nah

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Since Pokémon can Mega Evolve during Contests, perhaps we can face off against Wallace in (high-level) Contests, and he can use his Milotic and Mega Evolve it--similar to how you could participate in high-level Contests alongside certain Gym Leaders in gen 4. Speaking of gen 4, if Jasmine makes a cameo appearance in ORAS (which is possible, because she wouldn't be too much younger in ORAS compared to DPP/HGSS), she could be an opponent in high-level Contests, just like in DPP, and perhaps she could show off a Mega Steelix. It seems like an odd choice, because it's a gen 2 Pokémon, and Onix can't even be caught in the original RSE, but Contests, especially post-game & National Dex, seem like a good way to introduce certain Megas to the player. It seems like they'll be using that method to introduce Mega Altaria, at least; that's what it seems like from the screenshot shown in CoroCoro.

We aren't even sure if Wallace is actually into contests. If anyone is, I hope it's Juan, who will get a Mega Kingdra.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    We aren't even sure if Wallace is actually into contests. If anyone is, I hope it's Juan, who will get a Mega Kingdra.

Not objecting against a Mega Kingdra, but flygon will be left further into the dust.

Now, excuse me while I go back to my corner and cry.

In all seriousness, I think Milotic is more likely to get a mega evo than Kingdra. Of course I could be wrong, but Juan might *potentially* just be involved in contests so it doesn't really matter if he has another Milotic.

Years
    I can see a Mega Kingdra happening at some point, but I'd rather Mega Milotic become a thing before it, especially given how it'll have yet another similarity to Gyarados. (It's also why I want Mega Milotic to be Water/Fairy and be more defensive; it'll have a type that's super effective against Mega Gyara and complement its offensive nature.)

Years
    The whole time ORAS has been announced I've been trying to predict which Pokemon will get Megas. And it this point, if they had a hat filled with all existing Pokemon and pulled them out of a hat to pick, I wouldn't be surprised. But, I am happy with the designs and hope to see a Mega Kingdra at some point as well.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
    I second that idea of giving Hydreigon a Mega Evolution, now that he's become Sylveon's slave. Considering that Hydreigon was originally suppose to be a cyber dragon, the design for his Mega Evolution should be based around that.

I would love this. It could even get a type change to dragon/steel to help combat fairy.

Though I doubt that'll happen

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    I'm not sure if they plan to give Gen V Megas in Gen VI, since it will contradict what Gen V stands for, since it has the most isolated family ever. Maybe in Gen 7 or 8, when people already forgot about that tidbit :x

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I don't think when they'll happen will make much of a difference. I really hope that they'll include a Mega Milotic, then maybe a couple of Gen V Pokemon. That's all I'm really hoping for. I've been pretty surprised with the Pokemon that they chose this generation, and now I'm a bit upset because I have to change my team around to fit in Mega Altaria. <3

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023

There's even the possibility for a Mega Genesect. Oh how did I forget! That would look so epic, haha. It could have it's canons upgraded or something. It's been 2 games since it was last given away; I can definitely see an event with a possible Genesectite. Really hopes that happen. That would be my favorite Mega of all time <3
    Mega Golurk would be an amazing choice for a gen 5 mega. As for Genesect, I would assume, if anything, they would give it a Primal Reversion, and not a Mega.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I'm hoping for a Non-legendary agile bipedal Humanoid Pokemon to Megevolve and gain the ability to fly !
    So far , Only Mega Mewtwo fit the description.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    Mega Golurk would be an amazing choice for a gen 5 mega. As for Genesect, I would assume, if anything, they would give it a Primal Reversion, and not a Mega.
    ooh primal reversion for genesect, though unlikely, would be interesting. team plasma revived it from a fossil and upgraded it. maybe primal reversion would reverse the tech upgrades and bring it back to its original forme before team plasma upgraded it.

#primalgenesect #banfromubers

as for other megas speculations, mega milotic & mega flygon would be cool, i guess. does anyone else see mega swellow and mega gallade as possibilities?

Last edited:

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    I don't think it's likely, but I believe Swellow deserves justice.

It's the only "main bird" line so far not to get a 3rd evo stage.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    Woohoo!
    Just watched the new footage and what can I say, Mega Salamence is what I thought!
    He looks like he's getting a speed boost :)

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I would love this. It could even get a type change to dragon/steel to help combat fairy.

Though I doubt that'll happen
    Especially how Dragon/Steel was partly the reason Dialga is uber, and knowing that fact that the potential Mega Hydreigon will have a higher total base stat than Dialga, it's definitely going to be uber material.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back