• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
  • I could see Mega Milotic going Dragon/Fairy. It would get 1 immunity but 2 extra weaknesses. I don't know which ability to give it.

I think Mega Milotic should be Water/Fairy so that it can be a counterpart of Mega Gyarados Water/Dark

Just sayin, I would love either of these!! I have always thought Milotic was a little Dragonlike (or at least, Serpentlike which is almost the equivalent of Dragon in-game) I don't really have a preference whether it is Dragon/Fairy, Water/Dragon, or Water/Fairy, as all of those would be awesome. :)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Mega Mightyena is a possibility since it's more like the Houndoom of gen 3. I could see Relicanth getting a mega since it's mostly a standalone fossil like Aerodactyl even if you don't revive it. Maybe they will give some gen 5 pokemons megas because they didn't receive any, Cofagrigus may have potential for a Mega.

I think they'll save the gen V Pokemon for later, they may decide to evolve some later, or wait longer to gauge their popularity. The only Gen V and Gen VI Pokemon I see getting Megas are those that belong to a three member line including the starters.

Years
  • I doubt a Mega evolution will ever constitute a Pokemon completely altering their original type. Erasing the Water typing from Mega Milotic would make no sense and become extremely confusing. If such a Pokemon is released in ORAS, I think Water/Fairy is the most plausible dual-type it could receive! c:

Years
  • Water/Fairy... it'll be weak to grass, poison, and electric. It'll be resistant to Fighting, Bug, Fire, and Dark. Dragon wouldn't do it damage.

Sounds better than MegaGyarados' Water/Dark (which isn't the worst type combo either) which is weak to bug, fairy, fighting, electric, and grass. It's resistant to steel, ghost, and fire. And isn't affected by Psychic.

So Mega Milotic if water/fairy and Mega Gyarados are both Lati@s repellents...good as those two got their own Megas xD.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Actually Water/Fairy isnt that bad I guess considering Milotic and Gyarados are kinda considered as pairs or something xD Tbh it actually complements well enough imo :33

Years
  • I found new E3 rumors {XD}

Spoiler:

LINK : https://nintendonews.com/nintendo-e3/2014-rumors-predictions-news/

Last edited:
    Years
  • I found new E3 rumors {XD}

Spoiler:

LINK : https://nintendonews.com/nintendo-e3/2014-rumors-predictions-news/

Intriguing rumors! I'm totally good with that list of new Mega evolutions, they're all deserving, and Mega Lati@s have already been discovered, yet not officially announced. I'm beginning to feel more and more like the new Megas will be revealed at E3 next week. I was one of those people who thought not enough in the box art changed from the original Groudon and Kyogre for them to be Mega evolutions, but I'm ready to be proved wrong, ahaha.

Years
  • I hope that they don't replace berry-blending. I'm good with the Mega and other rumors being true however. I wonder if they'll just show any megas they do show in battle, or if they'll get some special in game event like for the Latis.

XxTOOLxX

The Playboy
    Years
  • I don't know if it's been stated, because I just came back after two years, so there is a lot to take in at once, but heres my two cents.

Yamega gets a mega evolution, so we finally have a dragon/bug dual type.

Eevee gets a mega evolution, so people can have a normal eevee that can keep up with the other pokemon, plus they've added so many other evolutions, I wouldn't doubt this.

Dragonite (if he doesn't already have one... I don't think he does)... Don't ask why it just seems like one they would give a mega evolution to.

If they allow later gen pokemon into them, then hopefully Emolga gets and evolution

Hopefully the gen 2 starters, as they haven't had their chance yet either... C'mon Mega Typhlosion!!! lol xP

Years
  • If Eevee gets a Mega evolution it'll open the doors for Mawile, Absol, and Lucario to get normal evolutions in the future...

I think we'll see the remaining Hoenn starters' Megas this month. Finally we'll get MegaSwampert and Mega(s?) Sceptile! I hope that there's a MegaSceptile that is Grass/Dragon and that there's a move tutor that will teach Outrage to it in the BF. Oh and that Dragon Pulse will return as a tm so that it can get some dragon stab moves.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I think a Mega Eevee would make sense, honestly. Eevees evolve to adapt to their environment, and since it wouldn't make sense for a Normal Eeveelution to be an "environmentally-adapted" Eevee, I doubt a Normal-type Eeveelution would ever happen. A Mega would be nice. :3 But would they give Megas to Pokemon that aren't fully evolved?

Years
  • I think a Mega Eevee would make sense, honestly. Eevees evolve to adapt to their environment, and since it wouldn't make sense for a Normal Eeveelution to be an "environmentally-adapted" Eevee, I doubt a Normal-type Eeveelution would ever happen. A Mega would be nice. :3 But would they give Megas to Pokemon that aren't fully evolved?

I don't think they would. A normal eeveelution could be a modernized Eevee that had to adapt to a more Urban terrain considering that irc Eevee is considered an Urban Pokemon according to FrLg.

Years
  • But what advantages would a Normal evolution have over Eevee? Why Normal instead of like, Steel?

Being normal could have it's advantages. Who knows, perhaps they'll give it Protean and allow it to use all types instead of just normal.

I want to see a Mega Gorebyss that's Water/Psychic and a Mega Huntail that is Water/Dark.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Being normal could have it's advantages. Who knows, perhaps they'll give it Protean and allow it to use all types instead of just normal.

I want to see a Mega Gorebyss that's Water/Psychic and a Mega Huntail that is Water/Dark.

Adaptability kind of give it some good stab on normal moves tho. I don't know about Protean it would feel like the Normal Eeveelution will be a Multitype Eeveelution instead. It could get Fur Coat and also Normalize that will turn all non Normal moves to Normal type.

Also since Gardevoir got a Mega, Gallade should get one too, it could be Fighting/Fairy. This could open the megas for Froslass and Glalie.

Years
  • Considering that Gallade lost the fairy type after evolving from Kirlia it proably won't regain the Fairy type...
    I hope that he'll look like he's wearing a tuxedo to match how Gardevoir looks like it has a ball dress.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • Serebii has scan up!! Starter Megas and more!

I like the Mega Swampert even if it is a bit silly. Was not a fan of the basic Swampert.

Sceptile looks... the same, but becomes a Dragon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back