• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I doubt these are the last Megas. And I'm pretty sure there will be hidden Megas, plus we still got a few more CoroCoros to go

This.

Especially when in the last days leading up to X & Y's release, people here at PC were following screenshots leaked by people who somehow managed to get early copies of the games and it was through said screenshots that not only revealed some of the Megas we didn't see in CoroCoro beforehand, but also new Pokemon, the Gym Leaders and Elite Four, and a few other stuff.

This time around, given I don't think we'll see another escapade like this, we may have to discover the remaining new Megas while playing the game ourselves. That's what I think.

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2015
    I honestly think it'd be a good idea to reclassify legendary pokemon with a 600 BST to something different, like mystic or something of the like. Maybe even some like the bird and beast. After all, the bird trio are all considered to be inferior to Lugia, so not all legendaries are equal, even just in stories.

Ah, now this is a very interesting idea. I'd be perfectly happy with this and I think it could only make all of these legendaries more interesting. It'd be putting them in a whole new light and I think they'd feel more relevant in the context of the Pokemon universe in general, it could allow for the introduction of a lot of new lore and plot points!

I tell you what though, this all feels very much like we're getting a bit off topic now. ahahah :)

Perhaps this would be a good enough topic to warrant it's own thread where it could be discussed more? I'd certainly participate.

As for this Mega-Deoxys discussion though, I don't have any real opinions as I've never had any experience with the regular forms, but from a design/concept point of view I'd be interested in seeing the mega form be a combination of the different forms, clearly illustrating this with how it looks.

Edit: And also, Mega-Xatu! Yes! I'd love to see that! That line doesn't get enough attention at all imo. All my thoughts on this kind of stuff are heavily based on design/concept though, as opposed to how they actually play. it's what I'm most in by far with actual battling falling by the way side.

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
    Years
  • I actually feel like Johto is largely ignored most of the time by GF. Even the anime ignores it, as Kanto had a return in the Advance Saga, and the Hoenn mascots are getting a Movie (even confirmed in this issue of Corocoro so it's not just another Lugia Vs. Ho-oh false trailer they had during Gen IV). I hope that the starters get something. I'll like to see Mega Typholosion be Fire/Ground, Mega Meganium Grass/Fairy, and Mega Typhlosion Water/Dragon or Water/Dark (if dragon then Charizard X, Sceptile, and it will complete the dragon type starter trio :3 ).

Hmm cool ideas about the dual typing. but I think they should stay mono type. Johto is the only gen were all 3 the starters are pure type's in their full evolution line and that is what I like about them. I also found it strange that is how it was meant to be and not that the dual typing would give you an advantage.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • It's still a lot of unnecessary forms, because the Deoxys Clan is already top-tier as it is, they most definitely don't need a boost. I know, Kyogre and Groudon didn't need one either but they're box legendaries so I guess they're an exception. I still think it wouldn't be a smart idea to give Megas to Pokemon who don't really need it just for the sake of it. Gamefreak should really just stick to Pokemon who actually need the boost.

What about Mewtwo?

Also the Latis got Megas, so I don't see why Jirachi can't get one either.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2020
    While it's very very vague and an obvious answer, thought this was an interesting tidbit to post:

As far as new announcements at Worlds this year, Mega Slowbro is the big one – what happens to Slowking now?

Ah, yes. You'll have to wait and see. Maybe there's another announcement coming, who knows?

Interview with JC Smith

Maybe we will get a Slowking Mega too?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    While it's very very vague and an obvious answer, thought this was an interesting tidbit to post:

Interview with JC Smith

Maybe we will get a Slowking Mega too?
    Really wouldn't be surprised if we get a Mega Slowking next CoroCoro leak.

....I'd rather that something else gets a Mega though.

Years
  • I mean, I didn't want to list every Mega I didn't like or found unnecessary, lol. I guess a Jirachi one would indicate that we'd be able to get it legally this gen, which is all I really want.

Also I feel that if Diancie is getting one the other cute 600, 100 in each stat legends should get one too to keep them on equal footing. But, then again Mew, Celebi, and Jirachi didn't get formes like Shaymin either...so maybe they won't do it.

Maybe a Mega Mew (or two) to give it a boost. It has a very wide movepool but it's stat's can be improved. One Mega can be physically offensive, and the other specially offensive. Or perhaps an offensive vs. defensive Megas.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I imagine Mew's chance of getting some mega-evolution form to be sort of high. It's closely related to Mewtwo, and whole wound up getting two entire megas, former didn't get any at all, so they might have to fix that up at some point. Personally, I'd enjoy it very much, considering how much of a big fan I am of this Pokémon. Lots of other people would, too, I'm sure.

Years
  • I imagine Mew's chance of getting some mega-evolution form to be sort of high. It's closely related to Mewtwo, and whole wound up getting two entire megas, former didn't get any at all, so they might have to fix that up at some point. Personally, I'd enjoy it very much, considering how much of a big fan I am of this Pokémon. Lots of other people would, too, I'm sure.

Imagine Mega Mew Alpha, and Mega Mew Omega. It'll help it keep a pace with it's clone. Also since Mew was available in Emerald there's a chance it may be in these games too :3. Or maybe in Z as I doubt Mewtwo will get a Z Mega, so Mew can fit that place. Or if they make another set of sequels (or prequels) Mega Mew X2 and Mega Mew Y2.

PokeHunterBlack

Bounty Hunter
    Years
  • Imagine Mega Mew Alpha, and Mega Mew Omega. It'll help it keep a pace with it's clone. Also since Mew was available in Emerald there's a chance it may be in these games too :3. Or maybe in Z as I doubt Mewtwo will get a Z Mega, so Mew can fit that place. Or if they make another set of sequels (or prequels) Mega Mew X2 and Mega Mew Y2.

no i dont think that is very likely, because, they only made B2 and W2 to show what happened to N and team plasma after the first versions, and in X and Y after the main story thery is the Looker chapter, showing what happened to team flare

by the way i forgot how to post new treads, could someone tell me

Last edited:

Years
  • The last Megas I want to see from ORAS are Camerupt and Sharpedo, still. :c
    You mean shown pre release, or over all?
    If it's pre-release I think there's a good chance. Though GF may decide to hold off on showing them until the last minute (the December issue which comes out around a week before the release of ORAS).

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2014
    The mega's i would like to see are,
    Mew Omega and Alpha.
    Dragonite.

What i think we get not yet announced.
    Slowbro mega (Omega).
    Slowking mega (Alpha).
    Kabutops and or Omanite.
    Aggron.
    Milotic.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • The mega's i would like to see are,
    Mew Omega and Alpha.
    Dragonite.

What i think we get not yet announced.
    Slowbro mega (Omega).
    Slowking mega (Alpha).
    Kabutops and or Omanite.
    Aggron.
    Milotic.

We got mega Aggron in XY lol.

I don't see why we'd get Kabutops or Omastar -- but judging from the latest megas, anything's possible.

Milotic <3

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I personally would still love to have Mega Flygon. 8( But if we don't get one then at least I'll have Mega Altaria. I would love to see a Mega Sharpedo and Milotic as well and while it's unlikely it'll happen Mega Dunsparce is still something I really want.

Maaaybe Mega Kecleon? Simply because it's another one of those 'I don't evolve' Pokemon.

What if Mega Delibird

Years
  • Mega Delibird? I hope if they make it they'll give it moves it can natually learn by level up.

How about Mega Unown? Each one can have a different psychic move depending on the forme it is.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back