• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
  • Nope, it was Dusclops as the corocoro scan shoes. I thought of it as her main back in SE. Sidney's Shiftry was a surprise, I thought it was Absol xD.

Anyways I wonder if we'll get a Mega Froslass or Mega Walrein for Glacia.

They're changing stuff around then, because Absol was Sidney's main in RSE. :P I haven't read the CoroCoro scans btw.

If Shiftry gets a Mega along with Gallade, this proves stone-based evolutions can get Megas. ^^ I mean, Gallade evolves by Dawn Stone, which is the rarest and least used stone of all.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Oh, I hadn't thought about the difference in evolution lines when Megas were being created. I don't see why those who evolve by stone shouldn't get them, maybe they just aren't as popular so Gamefreak didn't decide to choose them yet?

I just realized that so far 3 of my chosen ORAS team members have Mega Evolutions, I'll have many options now :) though I might change it around since I reallyyy like Mega Altaria..

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Mega Slowbro wrecks alot if the current Megas
    Mega Gallade:Lol
    Mega Camerupt: LOL
    Mega Sharpedo:Might win, but grass knot might kill first
    Mega Salamence: Ice beam
    Mega Altaria: Ice beam
    Mega Lopunny:Lel
    Mega Sceptile:I think Ice beam will still OHKO
    Mega Swampert:Might stand a chance, unless burned with Scald
    Mega Metagross:^
    Mega Diancie: Might possibly win, but likey lose.
    Mega Audino:Whats Audino gonna do?

I think that's it. Seems like a pretty solid check to any new Mega Pokenon
    Not so convinced; I suppose though it depends on what the exact stats boosts are. But with the bolded ones, I can't think Grass Knot is going to necessarily do too much as Sharpedo isn't particularly large, and Sceptile may get enough of a defensive boost to neglect a insta-KO (but time will tell on that).
    I really like Mega Gallade, though I hate that they gave him to Wally... Cool Pokémon should go to cool characters!
    I don't mind Wally personally. I think he just never was seen much at all in RSE; hopefully that's fixed this time around.
    I think these new Megas are good. I don't remember Sharpedo having a lot of fang moves besides Crunch and possibly Ice Fang. If his Speed isn't much increased, it's a bit of a nerf since Sharpedo's HA was the incredibly useful Speed Boost.
    Yeah, he'll be wanting a couple other Fang moves here. But a STAB boosted Crunch is nice all the same, and he can always Protect and get a Speed Boost before mega-evolving.
    Sheer Force should be useful on Camerupt, but his Speed is quite bad. And his typing has only two weaknesses but not very good ones (4x to Water and 2x to Ground).
    What about Rock?
    Oh, I hadn't thought about the difference in evolution lines when Megas were being created. I don't see why those who evolve by stone shouldn't get them, maybe they just aren't as popular so Gamefreak didn't decide to choose them yet?
    I hope they do get them. I want my mega Ludicolo. :<

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2020
    I already made a team of Pokémon I wanted to use in RS remakes since probably HGSS. So from them, I'm still waiting for Tropius, Delcatty and Milotic!

Come on GameFreak, give me Mega Tropius at least!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Who do you guys think the Mega from the Demo is going to be? Maybe it'll be either Exploud, Linoone, Slacking, or Probopass as they or their pre-evolution appear on the corocoro scan talking about the demo, so those images may be a hint.

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2014
    I would like to see:

Spoiler:

Jeez that list turned out longer than expected o.o

Years
  • I'm pretty set on the fact that over time every fully evolved Pokemon will get a mega so I'm not really hanging out for any in particular.

My planned team for ORAS though now has 4 megas in Sceptile, Sharpedo, Camerupt and Altaria.

Years
  • I'm pretty set on the fact that over time every fully evolved Pokemon will get a mega so I'm not really hanging out for any in particular.

My planned team for ORAS though now has 4 megas in Sceptile, Sharpedo, Camerupt and Altaria.
    Don't mind me asking but what are the other two?

@ Superfox Corocoro says there is going to be a Mega available in the Demo. I sort of dought it'll be the starter Mega stone. It sounds like it'll be a new one from the wording. I'm hoping it'll be Mega Exploud with the ability Scappy.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • 1x damage because Fire is weak but Ground is resistant.
    Guess I just derped out then, shouldn't try to use logic on Pokemon typing after midnight. XD

That's not too bad for Camerupt then. Sure, Water quad-weakness sucks, but a bunch of other Pokemon do well despite their own quad weaknesses. I suppose it depends how much of a boost it gets offensively.

Gogoat Rocks!

The Hype is Real
    Years
  • I have a question about mega sharpedo.
    In the ken sugimori art there are spikes on its nose:

Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

then how come in the trailer for it there are no spikes on its nose?
    Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I suppose that would be some gender difference of sorts?

Male would likely have spikes around its nose, and female would not. Did the trailer show what Sharpedo's gender was?

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • It was mentioned that the horns grow back if they're lost. So maybe they retract in and out?

Years
  • Don't worry too much about the Sugimori art.. Some pokemon got horribly deformed in the official art and got better when they were drawn/modeled in-game! The devs seems to have no problems deviating from it. (thankfully in several cases!)

The best example I got is this page : https://www.pokemonrubysapphire.com/en-us/pokemon/pokemon/poochyena

They just slapped right next to the in-game pictures the Sugimori art for poochyena where its face is oddly squashed, and its jaw is at 45 degrees up and makes no sense. When you can clearly see they deviated from that in the screenshots in-game.
    (its still surprising they didn't fix something that obvious, when in every games it was featured in its face is not nearly that messed up..)

But, like someone else said, maybe its just sexual dimorphism..

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2020
    Don't worry too much about the Sugimori art.. Some pokemon got horribly deformed in the official art and got better when they were drawn/modeled in-game! The devs seems to have no problems deviating from it. (thankfully in several cases!)

The best example I got is this page : https://www.pokemonrubysapphire.com/en-us/pokemon/pokemon/poochyena

They just slapped right next to the in-game pictures the Sugimori art for poochyena where its face is oddly squashed, and its jaw is at 45 degrees up and makes no sense. When you can clearly see they deviated from that in the screenshots in-game.
    (its still surprising they didn't fix something that obvious, when in every games it was featured in its face is not nearly that messed up..)

But, like someone else said, maybe its just sexual dimorphism..

That's because in it's artwork, it's snarling/growling.

As for Mega Sharpedo's spikes, it's confirmed in some flavour text on the official site:

horns that have sprouted from its nose can be regrown countless times

Which suggests that they probably appear when attacking or something.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I have a question about mega sharpedo.
    In the ken sugimori art there are spikes on its nose:

[img cut]

Dang... looking at the official art I am definitely not a huge fan of Sharpedo, and I'm unsure if this one will grow on me. :|

I wouldn't worry to much about the spikes, I'm sure it's either a gender difference or they come out during Sharpedo's attack animation.

Years
  • Dang... looking at the official art I am definitely not a huge fan of Sharpedo, and I'm unsure if this one will grow on me. :|

I wouldn't worry to much about the spikes, I'm sure it's either a gender difference or they come out during Sharpedo's attack animation.

Sharpedo's Mega does look odd with that longer top jaw but it'll grow on me. As for the spikes not shown on its in-game model, I think that's more likely for the spikes to show up when attacking as opposed to a gender difference because iirc Megas always seem to have the same appearance between males and females.

Think of Mega Garchomp here. It has a dent in its back fin regardless of gender despite the regular Garchomp having a dent only on the males, while females lacked it.

and yay this is my 15,000th post here woohoo

Years
  • Sharpedo's Mega does look odd with that longer top jaw but it'll grow on me. As for the spikes not shown on its in-game model, I think that's more likely for the spikes to show up when attacking as opposed to a gender difference because iirc Megas always seem to have the same appearance between males and females.

Think of Mega Garchomp here. It has a dent in its back fin regardless of gender despite the regular Garchomp having a dent only on the males, while females lacked it.

and yay this is my 15,000th post here woohoo

Yeah, even with the Latis who have a dex entry of their own. Makes one wonder if Mega Nidoking and Mega Nidoqueen will have the same appearance. Or even Megas for Pyroar and others.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back