• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/...the-way-you-catch-em-all.html#~oTEmP4tJCtpOYJ

It explains about balance there.

And Mewtwo was never supposed to be balanced... Ubers aren't balanced.
    Well technically Mewtwo was suppose to balance itself out (one Mega versus the other) in the Ubers arena it seems according to interviews (well they didn't mention ubers, but they did mention the balance aspect when deciding to give it two. I'm assuming the two Mega Charizards were to satisfy fans who wanted a Fire/Dragon Mega, and half which might've not been happy with that).

Anyways since Rayquaza and the Primal members of it's trio have the same stats/slightly a few bsp under as Mewtwo I assume GF didn't have to give any of the three two Megas and they balance each other out anyways in the upper tiers.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • Well, it's actually both popularity and balance, since they also said in the article that Cerberus linked that they partly based the decisions for what got megas based on "what they thought the fans would like to see", ie. popularity.

As for the balance part of it, they said that many of the (new) megas are meant to balance each other out. To me that doesn't sound like true balance, that just sounds like making the metagame more Mega Evolution-centric. But that is a discussion for another place and time.

You're partly right. In XY they based the Megas on popularity, but in the upcoming game they also took into consideration the balance, hence why Beedrill (most underused of the Bugs) and Pidgeot (most underused of the birds) got Megas.

And I don't think it's a bad thing for the metagame to be mega-centric at all. They want you to use it, why not? It's a feature that's here to stay.

Deathbot

Chicken Apocalypse Survivor
    Years
  • Mega Flygon, Milotic, Hariyama?

For those of you who have not seen the English trailer, or for those of you who missed this sneaky possible foreshadowing of three new Mega Pokemon, there is an image quickly shown that could be hinting at Mega Flygon (finally), Mega Milotic, and Mega Hariyama.

V9e1tcS.jpg

Thoughts?

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
  • I would love to see mega Flygon!

That said, there sure are a lot of mega pokemon. I guess the number of pokemon with Megas is far far smaller than those without, but I think they could have been more selective about it.

Years
  • The random 4th and 5th gen bunnies does lend some support to the foreshadowing.

However, what does that mean for Pikachu? (unless related to the cosplay)

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • Honestly, I have no idea. As much as I love flygon, I don't think it'll get a mega.

The optimistic side of me says that this poster gives somewhat of a clue. Yeah of course, why would gamefreak include flygon, milotic (and feebas) and makuhita in the poster with other pokemon which have confirmed megas? They could have easily used other pokemon for this poster. Pikachu is probably there because it has got cosplay forms.

Then again, flygon and milotic are fan favorites... And it's also entirely possible that this poster means nothing. I'm not going to keep my hopes up for all 3 "megas", so that I won't be disappointed when the actual game is released.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • Flygon isn't anything special, but Milotic is Wallace's ace and I heard there's a battle against him with his Emerald roster, so I think Milotic could still get a Mega.

Flygon isn't an easy Pokémon to give a Mega to. His ability is Levitate, and, quite frankly, it would be very underwhelming if he got a Mega and kept Levitate when most Pokémon get much better abilities upon Mega Evolving. Levitate isn't bad, but it doesn't give any alternative playstyles to Flygon. Gengar for example got Shadow Tag instead of Levitate.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • If we're talking by that logic then Raichu will get a mega, right?

I'm not serious with that, Pikachu's just there 'cause it's the mascot

Years
  • Don't always trust a trailer, that's what I usually say. Like the one X/Y trailer that revealed Fairy-type and had a scene of Gardevoir using Fairy Wind on a Hydreigon only to be found out the Ralts line is totally incapable of learning said move.

Just because there was a Makuhita, Flygon, Feebas and Milotic present doesn't mean those lines will get a Mega. Pikachu is probably the exception since it's the mascot, but everything else shown does have a Mega in their evolution line. And remember when we all thought only Hoenn Pokemon would get new Megas? That logic was thrown out the window because we got a few new non-Hoenn Megas like Lopunny, Audino, Pidgeot, Slowbro, Beedrill and Diancie.

Hariyama, Flygon and Milotic could get Megas... or could not.

Years
  • Data doesn't exist for their megastones. Currently, all of the revealed megas are the only new ones.

I pretty much agree with him, we won't be seeing any more new Megas until pretty much the next games after OR/AS or even the next generation. I know the Megas revealed so far were the only ones because I downloaded a ZIP file of the dex sprites and I could not see any additional Megas there.

I can definitely say this trailer was certainly not to be trusted in terms of Mega speculation.

Years
  • I pretty much agree with him, we won't be seeing any more new Megas until pretty much the next games after OR/AS or even the next generation. I know the Megas revealed so far were the only ones because I downloaded a ZIP file of the dex sprites and I could not see any additional Megas there.

I can definitely say this trailer was certainly not to be trusted in terms of Mega speculation.

Actually, I Think that the creators took out the unreleased megas from the demo just in case the Demo gets hacked, you know how top security GameFreak is becoming. And yes, I want to See Mega Flygon, Mega Hariyama and Mega Milotic! I also think there's a possibility of a Mega Walrein and Mega Breloom.

Other Mega Evolutions I would like to see are:
    Mega Zangoose Normal/Fighting or Normal/Poison. (Ability: Toxic Boost/Guts)
    Mega Seviper Poison/Dark or Just Keep Pure Poison. (Ability: Shed Skin/Strong Jaw)
    Mega Torkoal! Fire/Rock or Just Keep Pure Fire. (Shell Armor/Filter)
    Mega Milotic! Water/Fairy, Water/Dragon or Just keep Pure Water. (Pixilate/Marvel Scale)
    Mega Flygon, Ground/Bug, Dragon/Bug or Ground/Flying or Just Keep Ground/Dragon. (Sheer Force/Filter)
    Mega Hariyama, Fighting/Steel or Just Keep Pure Fighting. (Guts/SheerForce)
    Mega Breloom, Grass/Fighting. (Technician/Effect Spore)
    Mega Walrein, Water/Ice. (Thick Fat.)

Those are the Mega Evolutions I think are possible.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Wouldn't read too much into it tbh.
    This. It's much more likely that they grabbed a bunch of important Pokemon, and grabbed a few others to fill in the gaps. After all, they already went and put in three base starters and two middle starters on top of Blaziken in that image, but it's only the final forms that benefit from a mega evolution. Flygon also counts as a 'special' Pokemon because it got shown as the Pokemon belonging to Secret Bases Guy.

You'd need something more substantial than that, but really I feel it's somewhat grasping at straws. I wouldn't mind being wrong about that though!
    SkorXX said:
    Actually, I Think that the creators took out the unreleased megas from the demo just in case the Demo gets hacked, you know how top security GameFreak is becoming. And yes, I want to See Mega Flygon, Mega Hariyama and Mega Milotic! I also think there's a possibility of a Mega Walrein and Mega Breloom.
    Yet they left in all the other data, telling us stuff like E4 and Gym Leader teams? All the images of gym leaders and trainer battle shots? To only hide that and not anything else is... unlikely. And rather contradictory of them being top security - they wouldn't have let us have a demo otherwise!

Sure, some stuff would be left out of the demo just to save space, but selectively removing data like that would actually be a lot of effort. Your best hope is that the demo was somehow made before the mega data for anything else was put in, but... that is unlikely.

DialDial

Aneksuz
    Years
  • Actually, I Think that the creators took out the unreleased megas from the demo just in case the Demo gets hacked, you know how top security GameFreak is becoming. And yes, I want to See Mega Flygon, Mega Hariyama and Mega Milotic! I also think there's a possibility of a Mega Walrein and Mega Breloom.

Other Mega Evolutions I would like to see are:
    Mega Zangoose Normal/Fighting or Normal/Poison. (Ability: Toxic Boost/Guts)
    Mega Seviper Poison/Dark or Just Keep Pure Poison. (Ability: Shed Skin/Strong Jaw)
    Mega Torkoal! Fire/Rock or Just Keep Pure Fire. (Shell Armor/Filter)
    Mega Milotic! Water/Fairy, Water/Dragon or Just keep Pure Water. (Pixilate/Marvel Scale)
    Mega Flygon, Ground/Bug, Dragon/Bug or Ground/Flying or Just Keep Ground/Dragon. (Sheer Force/Filter)
    Mega Hariyama, Fighting/Steel or Just Keep Pure Fighting. (Guts/SheerForce)
    Mega Breloom, Grass/Fighting. (Technician/Effect Spore)
    Mega Walrein, Water/Ice. (Thick Fat.)

Those are the Mega Evolutions I think are possible.

Mega Walrein, Torkoal, Zangoose and Seviper would be really neat. There is alot of Pokémon I like but many of them has bad stats and that makes them hard to use in Competitive. But GameFreak is trying to put some "forgotten" Pokémon into the Meta. (Mega Beedrill, Mega Pidgeot, Mega Mawile, etc.) So lets hope for Mega Walrein, Torkoal, Zangoose and Seviper

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back