• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolutions Discussion and Speculation

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
Years
Well I don't want to say it's fake because I'd really like to see all these Pokemon in mega forms. If this list is legit, maybe there was a reason Gyarados and Aero weren't listed here. My guess is that GF/whoever made this list doesn't want to reveal every single mega pokemon and would rather the player himself/herself find other mega evolutions.

Years
some interesting thing I found in Nintendo Life's review-
"If you're in it for the badges, gym progression may seem slightly slower than usual, as you pass through numerous towns without a gym in sight, but this is by no means a bad thing. Pokémon X and Y isn't really about battling gym leaders, nor is it really concerned with filling up your Pokédex or taking down those bunch of trouble-makers from Team Flare. It's really more concerned with the mysterious art of Mega Evolution, a feature pivotal to the game's plot. While initially you set out on a jolly adventure with your friends — under the instruction of Professor Sycamore — to learn more about Pokémon, your journey soon takes a turn once you are entrusted with the Mega Ring, a device which allows you to temporarily evolve your Pokémon once activated with a certain stone. We won't disclose the rest of the story — that's for you to find out — but it's safe to say this particular adventure is not without its twists and turns."

Sound interesting, I wish we will hear about the origin of mega evolution and how it started.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
some interesting thing I found in Nintendo Life's review-
"If you're in it for the badges, gym progression may seem slightly slower than usual, as you pass through numerous towns without a gym in sight, but this is by no means a bad thing. Pokémon X and Y isn't really about battling gym leaders, nor is it really concerned with filling up your Pokédex or taking down those bunch of trouble-makers from Team Flare. It's really more concerned with the mysterious art of Mega Evolution, a feature pivotal to the game's plot. While initially you set out on a jolly adventure with your friends — under the instruction of Professor Sycamore — to learn more about Pokémon, your journey soon takes a turn once you are entrusted with the Mega Ring, a device which allows you to temporarily evolve your Pokémon once activated with a certain stone. We won't disclose the rest of the story — that's for you to find out — but it's safe to say this particular adventure is not without its twists and turns."

Sound interesting, I wish we will hear about the origin of mega evolution and how it started.

That's maybe why we have no new evolution for old pokemons except sylveon because they prefer to give us Mega evolutions as an evolution for old pokemons. I guess in Gen 7 i will have way more mega and mostly only new pokemons than Kalos.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
I think there need to be 30 mega evolution of Pokemon spices. I like the concept very much a Pokemon evolving to its 3RD,4th Forms Like Blastoise it will be the 4th form of it but like mewtwo it will be its 2nd form. I i really want to play and defeat trainers or gym leaders with a mega evolved Pokemon and My favorite is Mega evolved Pokemon is Charizard. How cool and amazing big type of it will be i hope it changed to Fire\Dark or Fire\normal type and maybe Luvdisk , Steelix, Houndog, Phanpy, Armaldo, Flygon, Swampert ,Scriptle,Tortera, Infernape etc etc need to get mega evolved. {:3}

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I think there need to be 30 mega evolution of Pokemon spices. I like the concept very much a Pokemon evolving to its 3RD,4th Forms Like Blastoise it will be the 4th form of it but like mewtwo it will be its 2nd form. I i really want to play and defeat trainers or gym leaders with a mega evolved Pokemon and My favorite is Mega evolved Pokemon is Charizard. How cool and amazing big type of it will be i hope it changed to Fire\Dark or Fire\normal type and maybe Luvdisk , Steelix, Houndog, Phanpy, Armaldo, Flygon, Swampert ,Scriptle,Tortera, Infernape etc etc need to get mega evolved. {:3}

Mega Charizard X is confirmed by official as Fire/Dragon; while the Mega Charizard Y as Fire/Flying like its Original Form.

You know I admit Xander's statement about this list being fake is apparently true after all. Especially after we saw the Mega Evolutions for Abomasnow, Gengar, Aerodactyl and Gyarados. Abomasnow and Gengar were shown on this list but Aerodactyl and Gyarados weren't.

I'm wondering if that means we may see more Megas for Pokemon that aren't even shown.

Seriously they need to showcase Mega Unova Pokemon as well.
All of the older Gens are taking too much spotlight. :(

Last edited:
Years
Seriously they need to showcase Mega Unova Pokemon as well.
All of the older Gens are taking too much spotlight. :(

Yeah given I've been a fan of most 5th Gen Pokemon I'm sad they haven't shown off a lot of Mega Evolutions from that generation yet. Fingers crossed that someone could be lucky to leak a few so we can get a good peek at them!

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Yeah given I've been a fan of most 5th Gen Pokemon I'm sad they haven't shown off a lot of Mega Evolutions from that generation yet. Fingers crossed that someone could be lucky to leak a few so we can get a good peek at them!

Whenever I look at that image [supporter]Zero°[/supporter] posted, it gets my hope up!
Especially as you noted, the current leaked Megas are consistent with the image. :)
Some of the 5th Gens there are not my favorites... But I guess better than nothing, right? {XD}

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
I think that list is fake because it lacks furigana and also seems pretty mechanical. It also made no sense for a poster like that to exist months before release given Nintendos attitude towards leaks. Its already missing like 4 or 5 confirmed megas (was Arcanine confirmed?). Plus, I really doubt they would give Celebi and Genesect mega formes given their event-only status, but only time would tell.

It seems like every popular Pokemon is getting a mega anyway, so I'm not worried.

Edit: @Hikari, supposedly stones for Galvantula and Druddigon (and something else from gen5) were found, so hopefully we get to see some Unova megas soon :3

Years
I think that list is fake because it lacks furigana and also seems pretty mechanical. It also made no sense for a poster like that to exist months before release. Its already missing like 4 or 5 confirmed megas (was Arcanine confirmed?). Plus, I really doubt they would give Celebi and Genesect mega formes given their event-only status, but only time would tell.

It seems like every popular Pokemon is getting a mega anyway, so I'm not worried.

Well some leaker mentioned there was a Mega Stone for Arcanine so you know I guess he may have confirmed a Mega Arcanine exists. But yeah it's said that popularity was one of the things that was taken into account when they were choosing Pokemon that could Mega Evolve, and they seem to be giving version-specific Megas to the super-popular ones like Mewtwo and Charizard if that's anything to go by. It's some theory I was thinking of after Mega Charizard X was revealed.

And thanks for the mention of Mega Stones for Druddigon and Galvantula there Keiran. I'm wondering what their Megas may look like? And they were among the Pokemon shown on that list that we looked at a lot, so it looks like most of the ones we've seen so far came from that list despite the fact we saw Megas for Gyarados and Aerodactyl yet they weren't shown on said list.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I personally am not a fan of the concept of Mega Evolutions. I would rather that these Mega forms be actual evolutions. I don't really see the point to this tbh. Now, im talking about the concept of Mega Evolutions, not the evolutions themselves. Some Megas are really cool, like MegaBlaziken, MegaLucario, MegaGengar, and MegaCharizard. But the concept of it just doesn't appeal to me.

Years
Hey i've found some cool images on deviantart. These aren't real, but they still look cool!
MegaSceptile: http://dragonith.deviantart.com/art/Mega-Sceptile-393104830
MegaSwampert:http://dragonith.deviantart.com/art/Mega-Swampert-393250332

They may be fanart but they sure look awesome! If Sceptile and Swampert were to get a Mega Evolution alongside Blaziken, it'd be fitting they should look like what's shown in those fanart or at least close to it.

I personally am not a fan of the concept of Mega Evolutions. I would rather that these Mega forms be actual evolutions. I don't really see the point to this tbh. Now, im talking about the concept of Mega Evolutions, not the evolutions themselves. Some Megas are really cool, like MegaBlaziken, MegaLucario, MegaGengar, and MegaCharizard. But the concept of it just doesn't appeal to me.

I don't see anything wrong with them, and a leaker showed us that the Champion (who turned out to be Diantha) uses a Mega Evolution on her team, which is a Gardevoir. You know I do think that Absol and Mawile's Mega forms should have been actual evolutions for them because of their appearance looking like a real normal evolution.

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
They may be fanart but they sure look awesome! If Sceptile and Swampert were to get a Mega Evolution alongside Blaziken, it'd be fitting they should look like what's shown in those fanart or at least close to it.

If those kids were to get Mega, people will be screaming RS remakes louder! > <

Atmageth

The One and Only
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 11, 2022
Something i just thought of, its a possibility that more mega evo stones will be distributed through events like torchic, possibly used for other starters.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I think -

-There possibility that Kalo Pokemon will get Megevolution in Pokemon Z !!!

-There also a possibility that Mewtwo & Charizard will get a 3rd Megevolution call Mega Mewtwo Z & Mega Charizard Z !!!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I think -

-There possibility that Kalo Pokemon will get Megevolution in Pokemon Z !!!

-There also a possibility that Mewtwo & Charizard will get a 3rd Megevolution call Mega Mewtwo Z & Mega Charizard Z !!!
If there's a Mewtwo Z in the future then I hope it'll be part Fairy...
Though honestly they should make Venusaur and Blastoise Z and retcon the XY mega stone as Venusaurite XY and Blastoisenite XY :3

Curtis542

Fire Trainer
Years
Anyone else find it kind of... well, stupid?

Anyone else find it stupid that only four starters have mega evolutions? I'm not sure if it's been confirmed that none of the others do, but you'd think they would give each starter a mega evolution, right?

Years
Now that I'm using Mega evolutions, I'm in two minds about the feature.
My Mega Venusaur was only taken out once when it was Mega Evolved. Which is good and bad because I ended up trying to ration how much I use Mega Evolution so it doesn't just overpower everything.

Absol should definitely just have had an evolution. Because I feel like Absol is one of those Pokemon that just deserves one.

Poke' Trainer Red

Pokemon Trainer Red
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 12, 2013
Mega stones?

I heard you can get the other Kanto starter mega stones post-game but for the version exclusive stones can you get 2?
So you can still trade one.

Back