• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mental Chatter

Crystal Berry

[span="text-shadow: 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.12); font
Years
  • Is your mind constantly recycling past moments? Does your mind wonder off so much that it distracts you from the present? I have this issue sometimes and it makes it difficult to concentrate on something because my mind has a tendency to wander off, often reminding me of random past events (usually embarrassing ones). Sometimes I'm just enjoying myself taking a long walk around the neighborhood, then suddenly I will think about things I'd rather not remind myself of. It makes it hard to play games, watch movies, and pay attention to class. Sometimes I wish I could just let go completely and snap out of it, so that I can resume my present activities with a clear and focused mind. So does anyone else have this problem from time to time?

pkmin3033

My mind wanders an awful lot sometimes, although usually it's when I'm not doing anything. I'm the sort of person who can get so absorbed in what they're doing I can block out anything shy of being physically moved...and even then, it has to be more than a nudge to get my attention. If my mind starts wandering, I can stop it from wandering by doing something.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I was taking my lunch today, and my coworker walked back and forth in front of me for a couple of minutes until I realized that he was there. I wasn't looking down, and I was staring directly forward. I space out constantly, and on really bad days I can't hold a conversation because I'll zone out in the middle of it. Sometimes I can't concentrate on anything at all, and it really bugs me.

Years
  • I do this a bit too much than I'd like. I have to constantly remind myself to concentrate on the here and now and not worry about the past, I can't change it.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • Yea, when this happens, I dont even see reality. I am so out of focus, it is like i am staring into the thing I am thinking about and not the real life. Its a nice escape if you ask me, unless I am thinking about the past.

Years
  • I'm always reminded of some events, and I can't seem to forget about them. It's a factor of my depression sometimes.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I spend about 3-4 hours a day commuting so yes, my mind does wander a bit during those times. I don't think I really dwell on negative thoughts though, I just tend to think about a lot of stuff when I'm on the train alone.

But mostly I just listen to music and check my phone. Or nap.

Super Prism

Sylveon Enthusiast
    Years
  • It happens to me really badly, especially before I go to sleep. Sometimes it'll keep me up for hours! It's always something really embarassing that happened ages ago... I wish I had more control over my mind. >n<

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Oh gawd... you don't want to know what goes through my mind. O_O I mean, not that it's bad or anything. I mean, it's just ****ing weird. Most of what is accountable in my mind results in me being very random. XD I also have horrible anxiety, so when I start thinking of something... it won't let me be for hours. :c I'm also like what you have said. Though, I can usually find a remedy to these things by listening to music.

Back