• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mermaid Melody Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raiskit

[ e v i l l i g h t ]
    Years
    It would be better as a straight dvd release, that way they don't have to make the songs overly childish and annoying. Really as long as Hanon has a decent voice, along with everyone else I don't mind.

Raiskit

[ e v i l l i g h t ]
    Years
    I think that the english dub would ruin half of the show if they dubbed the songs like that. Seeing as how when I first watched it, I only wanted to for the songs. Then I slowly began to like the cast, starting with Hippo and Hanon. I was sealed once I saw Hippo as a human. <3333333

:D;

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    I don't think I would have liked the English dub had it happened. This is usually the case with dubbed anime, and magical girl anime especially. The anime is better off without the English. ^_^

I remember joking with a friend once, saying that they'd probably get Chuck Norris to voice Hippo. :P

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    Hippo sounds like an opera singer in the Italian version, and he reminds me of Meowth in Japanese (albeit a higher pitched Meowth)
    Haha, yes. I've watched a few of the Italian episodes, and I have to agree with you. I liked his rendition of Dolce Melodia in one of the latter episodes. Had me lol'ing afterward. ^^

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    I didn't understand too much of it, but I still enjoyed it. I was surprised to realize I understood more of the RAW Japanese than the RAW Italian, though. XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back