• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Mew Event

Emonga

Autistic and proud of it
Years
  • I might have to go to Gamestop becuase my dad changed the internet settings so its on advanced, and so now I can't use Wi-Fi and less him changes it back.

Veronika

work your blonde.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2011
    Will Europe be getting Mew as well or is this just a US event? October 15th is the day before my birthday, I'll be crushed if I can't get a Mew. D:

Edit: Nevermind, I fail at reading. Looks like it'll be a happy birthday to me after all. ^__^

Last edited:

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • UGH...yet another event that I'll be missing out on since I don't have a DS or Platinum/HeartGold Versions yet... :( :cer_cry: :pink_cry: :cer_pissed: :pink_pissed: And Wi-Fi is another problem in itself... :\

Years
  • Cool. I BELIEVE Wifi events work anywhere, as long as you have the right version. I know because I went to download a Manaphy at a Japanese McDonald's with my NA SoulSilver and ended up walking home with a Soul Dew.

And I want the Celebi too! Either that, or they NEED to have an alternate way to obtain Zoroa.

Years
  • How do these work (Ie. Do I need to connect via Global Trade Service, via Pokemon Centre, etc.), as I've never done one of these before?

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • How do these work (Ie. Do I need to connect via Global Trade Service, via Pokemon Centre, etc.), as I've never done one of these before?

Actually you just go to Mystery Gift on the Main Screen and choose Receive Gift then choose Nintendo WFC. You'll need to connect a Wi-Fi connection to do it of course. After you receive the wonder card you go to the Pokemart and a man in green will be by the counter and give you the Mew(or whatever event you're getting).

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2011
    I was thinking about getting a DSi and Soul Silver soon but this may force me to get it now but before I do can anyone answer a few questions for me about this?

1. Does this mean I can download Mew for free in my own home via my wireless internet rather than going to a store?

2. How far through the story do I need to be before I get the 'Mystery Gift' option?

3. Is there anything else that I need to do in the game before I can get the Mew?

Thanks very much

Pechachu

Indifference, I choose you!
    Years
  • I was thinking about getting a DSi and Soul Silver soon but this may force me to get it now but before I do can anyone answer a few questions for me about this?

1. Does this mean I can download Mew for free in my own home via my wireless internet rather than going to a store?

2. How far through the story do I need to be before I get the 'Mystery Gift' option?

3. Is there anything else that I need to do in the game before I can get the Mew?

Thanks very much

You can download event pokemon via wifi, yes. As long as you have a connection, and your router is compatible, you can get it.

I'm pretty sure the Mystery Gift option shows up straight away. I don't recall exactly when I noticed it, but it was still early on in the game when I used it for the first time.

You can still download the wondercard for the event pokemon, even if you have to go pick it up in game somewhere. Sometimes they trigger in game events (like latias and latios, where you had to go to Pewter city and actually capture them) but most of the time there's a deliveryman waiting in any pokémart. I'm pretty sure you just pick up this Mew, if it's the same as the japanese one.

Anywho, I can't wait to get another Mew. I'll probably leave it UT, at most cart it around in my party for a while to show it off.

Years
  • I can't wait to get the Mew. This will be my first legal Mew. The others I got were from the Mew Glitch and hacking the Old Sea Chart.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Great, another Mew to add to my collection! I have one from My Pokémon Ranch and one from the Advance generation; this should be the third!

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Yay! Oh wait, I just remembered, I'm in Nigeria T___T It'll be available over here too right? Well, seeing as I could get Ranger Missions, I guess I can get this. Or did I get the Ranger Missions while I was still in London... Hope I can get this. I'll be able to get 2 :)

And can you breed Mew? I didn't think so.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    No, Mew can't breed, the only legendaries that can are Manaphy and Phione, and all you can get from them are more Phione......

As for what you do to get Mystery Gift....obtain the Pokedex. However, to be sure, make sure you're able to catch pokemon too.

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
    Years
  • About time! Now all im looking forward to is the Celebi and Scizor event (that is, if there is a Scizor event for the U.S). Can't wait to add Mew to my team to have those "one legendary in your team" battle xD (either Mew or Darkrai).

Back