• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Mienshao] vs Beheeyem

Your choice?

• Total voters

Neon Shades

Hit me with your best shot
Years
  • I love Mienshao, it's design, it's usefulness
    (That thing is a beast on Psychics with U-Turn and Regenerator)
    So, yeah, I gotta go with the kung fu ermine, Mienshao

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • Mienshao. Its design has something strange, very strange, but I like it nevertheless.
    I'm supposed to prefer psychic-type but Beheeyem is for me one of the V gen disaster Pokémon, I completely lol'd when I saw it the first time.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • NO don't make me choose between them!!! :( :( :( I like them both so much. I love their designs and I've used both and they're wonderful Pokemon. But I think I will go with Mienshao here because it looks better and I've made more use of my Mienshao than I have my Beheeyem. It's one of my favorite Fighting types anyway because it's not some huge brute Pokemon. It's sleek, slender, and cunning. And I like a lot of Psychic types over Beheeyem, it's pre-evolution included.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I love Beheeyem, but Mienshao wins my vote here. Like Sydian, it's one of my favorite fighting types, and it's really good in battle. I've never actually trained a Beheeyem before, and honestly its pre-evolution is cuter to me. :B

Plus Mienshao is purple, +1!

Years
  • I predict Mienshao will win by a landslide, why do so many people love kung-fu weasels over funky aliens?

I guess Mienshao having higher Speed might be to do with it.

pknight96

Massive Unidentified Terrestrial Organism
    Years
  • Although both are in my Top 10, I'm going to have to choose Mienshao. I love both designs, but Beheeyem just isn't as cool as Mienshao. If we're talking about battle, however, in a 1-vs-1 fight, I choose Beheeyem. It's too bulky for Mienshao to one-shot, and since Beheeyem has the Super-Effective STAB, it should be able to beat Mienshao 1-on-1. Add more pokemon, and then Beheeyem is doomed.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Mienshao WITHOUT a doubt. Beheeyem is just ugly imo, I don't see what it's supposed to be, its design is just weird and kind of all over the place, doesn't seem to have a point. I like Mienshao's design actually and even though I'm not a fan of fighting types I guess it's sorta cool.

tj4bigred

Instant Classic
    Years
  • Mienshao is one of the few Pokémon that has succeeded extraordinarily well consistently on my OU team. Gets the moves it needs, and a great ability to cancel Life Orb Damage.

While I like Beheeyem's design, and I dig the pun GameFreak made in the name, it just can't win many battles. It's straight up outclassed by so many Psychic types.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Mienshao. It's the biggest, baddest powerhouse Pokemon I have ever caught/trained in Black/White. Its moveset is just INCREDIBLE. I was never into fighting-types until I encountered its pre-evolved form. :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2014
    I'll go with Mienshao, Beheyeem doesn't look too bad but I prefer pokemon that remind me of animals.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Yaaay Mienshao won. Much better. :3 /unstickies

me @ late :x

Years
  • I knew my beloved Beheeyem was going to get pwned by Mienshao fans.

I'll blame Beheeyem's low Speed for losing the poll. But it will still remain one of my personal faves.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • This poll just proves my point that Beheeyem is underappreciated. It's definitely better than some Lucario-esque "anthro" mink. It looks a bit like Darth Vader with it's head, and it's not all that bad in fights, either. While it's outclassed by Reuniclus and Sigilyph, it's definitely better than Musharna, Swoobat, and Gothitelle. It's just stuck in the middle of the Psychics of Generation 5. Definitely Beheeyem.

Beheeyem is just ugly imo, I don't see what it's supposed to be, its design is just weird and kind of all over the place, doesn't seem to have a point

It's an alien. I don't see how that's so hard to deduce.

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I really like both of these critters, but am going to have to follow the crowd and go with Mienshao. Having one in a team is just an absolute asset: it looks cool, it has great offensive stats and its movepool is to die for. Beheeyem is also cool - especially when combined with Trick Room to actually make it a powerhouse, but everything about Mienshao just works for me personally.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I've never actually trained or used either Pokémon, but simply based on design alone I'm going to have to go with Mienshao. I have never been much of a fan of Beheeyem to begin with, but I've always loved Mienshao regardless of never using one before.

One day I will train one though. Perhaps in B2/W2 maybe.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    Mienshao. Currently on my team now. Can almost pawn every single Pokémon in the game with Hi Jump Kcik!

Back