• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mii Appearances

Do you want Miis in the games?

• Yup

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Nope

Votes: 18 81.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
  • One of the features of the 3DS that is exclusive to Nintendo consoles are the Mii characters. Many games have support for your custom Miis, including Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Kid Icarus: Uprising, and even Pokémon Rumble Blast.

Does anyone think that the new Pokémon X & Y Versions will have support for your Mii characters? If so, how would you implement them? I would expect to find them walking around somewhere in the Kalos region, likely somewhere where they couldn't be talked to. Or maybe we'll see them lurking in the credits. Maybe there will be a Mii version of Mr. Masuda. Whatever happens, I hope to see them in the games. They would fit in with the 3D atmosphere.

Also, if Miis are included, maybe we could see the Miis of people who we've traded with, battled with, etc. We could also play as our Miis when interacting with other players.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • One of the features of the 3DS that is exclusive to Nintendo consoles are the Mii characters. Many games have support for your custom Miis, including Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Kid Icarus: Uprising, and even Pokémon Rumble Blast.

Does anyone think that the new Pokémon X & Y Versions will have support for your Mii characters? If so, how would you implement them? I would expect to find them walking around somewhere in the Kalos region, likely somewhere where they couldn't be talked to. Or maybe we'll see them lurking in the credits. Maybe there will be a Mii version of Mr. Masuda. Whatever happens, I hope to see them in the games. They would fit in with the 3D atmosphere.

Also, if Miis are included, maybe we could see the Miis of people who we've traded with, battled with, etc. We could also play as our Miis when interacting with other players.

I think its extremely unlikely that will happen. I will just be thrilled that I will be able to receive tags when I have a Pokemon game playing actively. Instead of missing most tags

Skalla

Drama Queen
    Years
  • I bet the multiplayer modes in this game will support having your Mii support you as opposed to your trainer.

Wobbu

Years
  • I'd rather play as my Mii than Callum/Serena o_O. I don't dislike the designs or anyting like that, I just prefer playing as a Mii. Whenever I play Mario Kart 7, I always choose my Mii for racing.

Last edited:

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
    Years
  • I think it's unlikely. With customizable trainers, pretty much everyone will look different. And they would look weird in the Poke-world like Fenneking said.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • I really hope that doesn't happen. Never been a fan of the Mii's. All it would do is break immersion if I saw one.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
    Years
  • Miis are ugly and unnecessary in any game. It's one thing seeing them pop up in Mario Kart, another seeing them in the Pokémon world. I wouldn't be entirely against there being an option for the Mii to show up, but I do hope it's not going to be forced on us.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    No, I don't really like Miis. They're fine when they're playing their own Mii games....

but I just feel they clash aesthetically with every game they appear in that isn't one designed for them. Those Mii masks you can wear in Animal Crossing are terrifying.

I definitely would hate to see them actually appear in Kalos, as avatars to represent players would be bad enough (but probably tolerable) but having them walking around as npcs would really ruin the immersion.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • I like Miis, but I don't think they'd fit in. There will already be customizable trainers for the pal pad, so I don't think Miis will be necessary.

The only thing I can imagine would be going to the battle tower, and the partner on tagmode being a Mii with randomized pokemon to help you out.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • Oh please lord no. I get having Miis to represent yourself for the 3DS system itself. We already have an avatar for the games in the form of the protagonists, which are now customizable. There is literally zero need to have them in there, and if they are just to promote their usage for Nintendo then I'm just going to be disappoitned =/

Wobbu

Years
  • I seem to be in the minority... A cool feature for the Miis (which I find unlikely to happen) would be registering other Miis like the StreetPass feature does. Whenever you interact with another Mii via GTS, battling, etc., it would add the Mii to your 3DS so you can use them to get puzzle pieces and battle for you in that other Mii Plaza game. It would be cool for me, anyways, because no one within 20+ miles of my house has a 3DS (ok, maybe not that far).

WolfMirage

"Last Raven"
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2016
    maybe they might implete the miis as a wreid fanclub in the game some where, then the miis wouldnt be so much out of place

@jsziede: oh my god that would so nice cause for what ever reason there dosent seem to be other people with a 3ds in my area(and i get around alot), it was 4 months before i retagged some mii from a while ago

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Wow; I never thought of Miis and the Pokemon franchise. XD I personally think that Miis are better in their own games, but games that include Mii support are great as well (I've even been wanting a Wii Sports-based Mii in the Super Smash Bros. series for a long time now, but Animal Crossing's Villager seems to be fulfilling that role). As for Pokemon X and Y, the concept of Mii inclusion would seem weird IMO since the player character(s) are customizable.

I wouldn't mind the inclusion of Mii support (a optional headshot of your Mii on your Trainer Card would be nice for those who like Miis), but not if it's at the expense of other features I would like to see return (such as Walking Pokemon/Yellow and HGSS's "Follow Me" feature; and Poke Ball Seals - the type that affect the animation when a Pokemon is released from a Poke Ball).

With Miis being 3D, their inclusion doesn't seem too out-of-place in the first 3D handheld main series Pokemon game... It might mix things up regarding the various Trainers you see in multiplayer battles...you could represent yourself as an in-game Trainer Class or as a Mii! It would add a lot of graphical variety to battles, that's for sure... XD

Although, if there was an option where you could generate custom computer opponents using Miis as Trainers avatars and a variety of Pokemon teams, that would mean you could potentially battle against anyone (fictional or real). :3 O_o

Years
  • Oh please lord no. I get having Miis to represent yourself for the 3DS system itself. We already have an avatar for the games in the form of the protagonists, which are now customizable. There is literally zero need to have them in there, and if they are just to promote their usage for Nintendo then I'm just going to be disappoitned =/

I basically agree with our Tenth Doctor, I mean Jake there. Since we finally have customizable Trainers with stuff like extra clothing to pick up throughout the game, I don't really see the need for the Miis to be in this game.

Back