• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mirage Island

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2015
    Do you think Mirage Island will return in Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby? If so, do you think that it will change at all?

I think Mirage Island will come back- this time a bit bigger and with more Pokémon to catch. Perhaps even some hidden items that can only be found there?

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    I see no reason to see features from the originals suddenly go missing. I *could* see Southern Island not being featured since that was an event-only location and HG/SS didn't have the GS Ball event with Celebi, but every other thing that was accessible within regular gameplay should remain there.
    (Of course, there will probably be changes to some stuff, like it might not be all the same TMs and items everywhere or the exact same NPC trainers, but you get what I mean.)

Years
  • I wish there was no point to it. Oh, some pokemon that you get as an egg way earlier in the game. And some rare berries. I still think it will come back though.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Maybe they could add more rare Pokemon than a bunch of Wynaut and some rare berries? Maybe they could also hide a legendary too?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Maybe they could add more rare Pokemon than a bunch of Wynaut and some rare berries? Maybe they could also hide a legendary too?

Zorua? It's called Mirage island which brings to mind illusions. Not sure about what legend they could add. Mew maybe, but it may get it's old place from Emerald back.

Years
  • I can definitely see Mirage Island returning; as annoying as it was to find without using an AR or Gameshark or whatever, it was something unique to Hoenn. That being said, I do hope it does have more to offer--Kelpsy Berries + Wynaut just weren't worth it. I like the idea of Zorua being added in; maybe some other rare Pokemon as well. It'd also be cool if a legendary not found in RSE could appear there, too, though I dunno which one could be there. Of course, if a legendary were placed on Mirage Island, GF would probably have to make it easier to access.

Years
  • I can definitely see Mirage Island returning; as annoying as it was to find without using an AR or Gameshark or whatever, it was something unique to Hoenn. That being said, I do hope it does have more to offer--Kelpsy Berries + Wynaut just weren't worth it. I like the idea of Zorua being added in; maybe some other rare Pokemon as well. It'd also be cool if a legendary not found in RSE could appear there, too, though I dunno which one could be there. Of course, if a legendary were placed on Mirage Island, GF would probably have to make it easier to access.

It has Liechi berry on it, not Kelpsy. Perhaps they could add more of the hard to grow berries. Or perhaps the Enigma berry which one can only get through events if one doesn't already have one to grow.

Years
  • Ahaha, my bad! For some reason I thought it was Kelpsy; probably because it was exotic-sounding.

Adding more berries would be nice. Maybe they could add the eReader-only ones.

Years
  • Ahaha, my bad! For some reason I thought it was Kelpsy; probably because it was exotic-sounding.

Adding more berries would be nice. Maybe they could add the eReader-only ones.

I would love to see them return. I never got them in the originals. They could make the eReader berries into contest stat lowering berries too for those who are struggling to maximize a contest stat (if the contest stat Mechanic is like in the originals, who knows they may make it similar to Ev training with a max for two areas eventually) such as beauty.

Maybe the island could have some ghost types on it like Misdevius and Litwick. Ghosts, psychic, and darks seem to fit the motif of Mirages the best.

Years
  • I think it will return. Hopefully it will appear much more frequently; I think at least one appearance a week would be all right. Also, since we can already get Liechi Berries in X and Y through mutation, maybe it could have some other feature.

For that, I was thinking about something to do with Berries. Perhaps a patch that holds something like 4 or 5 Berries, and anything planted on it takes only one day to fully grow, and always yields the maximum amount of Berries. The drawback would of course be that the island only has a chance to appear each day, so you would not be guaranteed to collect them the following day. Still, as long as the island's appearance isn't too rare, it could be a nice extra for farming Berries, especially the slower-growing ones.

I also like the idea of it having the e-Reader Berries, I think it would be a good way to bring them back.

Years
  • Maybe Mirage island could be saved for post game where you can find one of the 'Mirage Pokémon' aka Celebi, Manaphy, and Victini. I'm leaving out Mew as it can use it's old island, and Jiranchi as I want it to have an event at Mossdeep or Meteor Falls.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I think that they will change the way you get to view the island. How many of us actually got to visit it? Even though it's a lot easier to get Pokemon with new IDs, I still haven't even won a Master Ball in a Lottery, so if the Mirage Island raffle stays the same I probably won't see that either, haha. Maybe they'll change it so it's literally just random, like shiny Pokemon, but a little easier to see.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Yep I bet it will but I feel like there going to make it easier to get too. I think they may even add more pokemon probably baby pokemon. Like Cleffa nad Igglypuff. I also can see Togepi being added.

Years
  • Perhaps they'll make it so that it appears at night. Since the island is said to appear 'once in a blue moon' which means when there's two full moons in the same month, they could make a calendar. Assuming the 28 day cycle it'll mean we'll be able to see it in...like 2 years and a half after the games are released...
    Or perhaps they'll cut it down by the rate of four like they did with seasons which mean a blue moon appearing like every seven months...well that would be better than never seeing it...

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Maybe they could just do it 50% chance every four months, like there is no guarantee that it will appear this month.

Years
  • Wow, I was literally about to make a topic on this, thank goodness I used search.

Anyway, they might bring it back, but possibly add something else that will determine whether it shows or not. I would like to see the Enigma berries return. They might make shiny Pokémon more likely there!

Sceptile90

The Master of YamiNoGames
    Years
  • They will completely change the Mirage Island. There will be Pokémon from Sinnoh and Unova there. Shiny Pokémon will be more common here and a Zorua will be catchable there. There will be a Legendary Pokémon catchable here, but it will be difficult to find. You may have to press "A" at every tile to find it. Though on some days, it will be in plain sight. On some days, a tough trainer will be there to challenge you. Or, so the legend goes...

Years
  • Hopefully more is added to it, but I would definitely like to see it return, it was an iconic part of Hoenn that they definitely shouldn't leave out. I never got to see it myself though, which raises the question if maybe they should make it more easily accessible.

Back