• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Mirage Of Tales: The Ages Of Faith [ ALL PROLOGUES RELEASED ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Hey guys, I've updated the thread with some new screenshots showing off a few trainer sprites and the hero and heroine backsprites. I have some time away from work this week so if all goes to plan I will upload replacement patches for each prologue, these will (hopefully) fix any minor glitches that were present before.
They'll also include some newly revamped tiles, maps and the occasional OW sprite and just generally look a bit more polished with the item images and whatnot.
The things that will not be fixed are the OW switching (as this is due to ASM which is not my forte), the Journals and Strategy Map/Finance sections, as I want to finish these completely before I give demos of them.
Evandor is winning as far as the poll results go but I can see a lot of you have voted for Kala too, with Zhafira getting the least amount of votes. I'll leave this poll open until the end of the month =)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2017
This game is honestly one of the best I've played. Please do your best to finish these stories because I'd love to see how your ideas progress.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Hello may I ask if this game completed?

Sorry I missed your comment earlier! It's not complete, but it won't be cancelled.

is this game out?

There are three prologues of each story available to download. =)

Really loved Kala's one. I asume she will start with Entei. Also when playing as Khala or Zhafira sometimes when I exit a building envador appears riding a pokemon

Thanks! The OW issue is something I am aware of, it's noted in the main thread.

This game is honestly one of the best I've played. Please do your best to finish these stories because I'd love to see how your ideas progress.

Thank you! As I've always said, I'm working at my own pace with no pressure so it won't be cancelled.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey all, thought I'd drop by and post some new Chapter 1 screenshots!
I've only done one or two scripts for each as the poll is still open for you to vote for your favourite; hopefully the screenies will help you decide if you haven't yet voted!
I'm looking forward to getting back to it after not touching the rom for a while. Happy voting!

bbzCfEN.png

It's Evandor's Tournament! Let's make sure he doesn't lose at his own event! =)

YD27jtE.png

It's nearly time for Zhafira's engagement party.

ZQp9iub.png

Meanwhile, Kala is still stuck in the desert. But at least she gets new hair!

5RpeZTQ.png

Evandor about to cross the Wastelands for his Trial Of Faith; Gladithos.

DZywmOX.png

What is Zaiir hiding from the Draconic royals?

WCnT196.png

Do the freed slaves make a new friend?

~AvaraMoon

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
Years
Hey man. This is an amazing hack. I'm wondering what inspired you to make a hack like this? When I first saw this I got a bit of a yugioh vibe from it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Hey man. This is an amazing hack. I'm wondering what inspired you to make a hack like this? When I first saw this I got a bit of a yugioh vibe from it.

Thank you! I was inspired by the very real Crusades, the Greco-Persian wars, stories from the Roman era etc. =)

-----------------------------------------------

bbzCfEN.png

It's Evandor's Tournament! Let's make sure he doesn't lose at his own event! =)

YD27jtE.png

It's nearly time for Zhafira's engagement party.

ZQp9iub.png

Meanwhile, Kala is still stuck in the desert. But at least she gets new hair!

5RpeZTQ.png

Evandor about to cross the Wastelands for his Trial Of Faith; Gladithos.

DZywmOX.png

What is Zaiir hiding from the Draconic royals?

WCnT196.png

Do the freed slaves make a new friend?

~AvaraMoon

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Good news guys; I've finally implemented the Finance Chamber! I won't be including it in the prologue patches as it is just the tutorial there, this will be fully implemented for Chapter 1+. Here are some prototype screenies!

OWf6Ngv.png
osPbUws.png
wHxpUye.png
fzZLTJW.png

I've also compiled a walkthrough for this feature, as it really does impact gameplay in a large way.

https://www.mediafire.com/?kops45938odyl79

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Hey all! I've got some new Kala & Zhafira Chapter 1 screenshots to show you =) the poll is open until one week today, and it looks like Evandor's winning again. For this reason I am purposefully holding back screenies from his story in case I spoil anything =P

VAVhHbH.png
CZQjwQO.png
6HfmteM.png
hcKg6oG.png
fGWVJnv.png
Lxzkq5P.png
VbDslq2.png
xqwNWJh.png

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Holy....this looks incredible. So much talent. Hell I'm still playing Mirage of Tales the first one :P

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Holy....this looks incredible. So much talent. Hell I'm still playing Mirage of Tales the first one :P

Thank you so much! Although, I wouldn't play the first MoT unless you want hours and hours of tearing out your own hair due to all the bugs =P it was my first hacking attempt, this one is much more polished!

So you've got two days left to vote for your favourite character guys, I highly doubt Zhafira will win (surprising, I thought everyone would want to go with the dragons!) but Evandor and Kala both have an equal amount of votes. I am only going to be working on one at a time after the 31st, so if the votes are still even between the two by then I'll have to take the voting to comments lol. =)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 27, 2017
great hack, I like all the stories.
a question: how many years would be placed before the adventures of red in kanto?

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Thank you so much! Although, I wouldn't play the first MoT unless you want hours and hours of tearing out your own hair due to all the bugs =P it was my first hacking attempt, this one is much more polished!

So you've got two days left to vote for your favourite character guys, I highly doubt Zhafira will win (surprising, I thought everyone would want to go with the dragons!) but Evandor and Kala both have an equal amount of votes. I am only going to be working on one at a time after the 31st, so if the votes are still even between the two by then I'll have to take the voting to comments lol. =)

I was so disappointed when you stopped it, I love it :( Haven't even had many bugs yet :P

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
This is going to be the best hack ever ������

If I can at least get it to a playable decent length I'll be happy =) *crosses fingers*

great hack, I like all the stories.
a question: how many years would be placed before the adventures of red in kanto?

It doesn't relate to any of the official games, so it has nothing to do with Red =)

I was so disappointed when you stopped it, I love it :( Haven't even had many bugs yet :P

Thanks! This game is supposed to be set like centuries before my first one, in fact it might even contain spoilers for a certain character whose deeds are well documented in the first MoT lol =P glad you're not getting too many bugs.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 26, 2016
Going by the poll results, I guess Evandor's getting the first beta :( will you do Zafhira's next? I really wanted to know what happens next for her and Kala too :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Going by the poll results, I guess Evandor's getting the first beta :( will you do Zafhira's next? I really wanted to know what happens next for her and Kala too :)

Yep, Evandor is indeed getting the first beta =)
I'll do Kala's after that since she was the runner up and Zhafira last. I've added a Synopsis section to the thread in spoiler tags, which hints to what happens in each one.

What version of Fire red?

Any English FR rom will do. =)

This hack looks great! I'm surprised I haven't seen it before. Keep up the nice work. :]

Thank you! I'm getting there slowly but surely lol. =)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 26, 2016
Judging by Zafhira's beta, it seems more like Rhyon is the one who the story is following, since he's supposed to be the warrior or whatever... I'm just wondering, if Zafhira gets sent away, how does she even relate to the story at all? :/ hope u don't mind me asking, I'm just curious :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Judging by Zafhira's beta, it seems more like Rhyon is the one who the story is following, since he's supposed to be the warrior or whatever... I'm just wondering, if Zafhira gets sent away, how does she even relate to the story at all? :/ hope u don't mind me asking, I'm just curious :)

Not at all! While you're right that Rhyon's got a large role in the Draconic side of the story, Zhafira has her part to play too. Not that there won't be battles, but rather than fighting to overcome any obstacles at first she needs to learn how to influence people to get what she wants (you can take this a few ways, let her use her position for good, become a manipulative bitter psycho or just sit back and let dad/big bro do everything). =)

The game is very buggy

Rather than just stating your complaint, it would be helpful if you could at least tell me what the glitch was, when/where/how it happened, which in-game choices you made, etc. =)

Reactions: Nex
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back